Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 09:21 AM

1,275 posts, read 3,416,146 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
lilred0005 wrote:

I've been thinking the exact same thing and I've come to the conclusion that this forum seems to be a magnet for quite a few guys who are blaming women in general for their own personal problems. It doesn't surprise me that if somebody is constantly spouting off some juvenile nonsense about women that this attitude in their daily lives is going to come across very poorly when they interact with them.
Thank you Montana, as you can see from some of the replies, not everyone has the maturity that you've displayed. I'm a pretty laid-back soul but I had to comment on these vitreol ladden posts, it's getting rediculous. I know I have better things to do than complain daily and blame others for my issues. I know three women, the first's husband left her after she got cancer because "he couldn't deal with illness", second's husband took off after she was scarred in an accident, reason being "he wasn't attracted to her anymore, the last woman's husband left her "after she produced a retarded child". These are three horrible things I've seen some horrible men do. I list them only to illustrate that both genders, not just females, are capable of doing some despicable things. Yet, I would never blame all men or even think all men would do something like that. Why focus on the negative? Why deny yourself future happiness because you've seen some bad stuff over the yrs? I think it's pathetic and immature to spend your life blamming others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2010, 09:22 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,927,861 times
Yes, many of them have had troubled childhoods, or mental problems, and their fantasy world is kind of an "escape" for them from the real world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrmlyBklyn View Post
Agreed. I'll take it one step further, they typically are very insecure individuals. That trait follows them everywhere, it never goes away. The second they hear someone is doing well, they come up with a way to bash the person. It's quite sad.

Old 02-04-2010, 09:23 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,407,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I'm waiting for an actual answer to my question!
I really don't know how I could've made my answer any clearer, sierra.

Do you we have to go back to the beginning of male oppression, back to the cave days? Back to the feminist agenda and their hatred for Olive Garden? My stance on this issue on this has been clear from the minute I've been conceived.

Old 02-04-2010, 09:27 AM

691 posts, read 1,427,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilred0005 View Post
Lately it seems every other thread on here is filled with angry, often mysogynistic rants against women. These posts/threads reek of bitterness and discontentment. Why the need to blame an entire gender for the bad behavior or bad experiences with a few? I've heard that women are notorious for "man-bashing"(which is inexcusable as well) but all I see on here as of late is the opposite with thread topics of exhorting men to "never get married", plus the usual "women are superficial gold-diggers". Geez, don't you think it's getting a little old? I have personally had some very negative and hurtful experiences with men, but I would NEVER blame the male gender for my problems or hold any group or even any individual responsible for the foul acts of a few men. Has anyone else noticed the preponderance of these negative anti-women threads? What do you think?
Over the last couple of years on the internet, there have been various male bashing sites run by and for women. I remember back in 2003, when I started out in yahoo! groups (feels like yesterday!), man-bashing groups and posts were everywhere. I remember a couple years ago, when "boys are dumb throw rocks at them!" T-shirts were all of the rage.

So now, women are finally getting a little taste of what men had to deal with for the past 10-15 years. Sucks, doesn't it? Take a look around, male bashing is everywhere. Really, how do you expect men to react?

Old 02-04-2010, 09:30 AM

13,784 posts, read 26,253,509 times
This thread is hysterical! Can't live with us, can't live without us, huh?

Old 02-04-2010, 09:33 AM

622 posts, read 1,280,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
Dammit you women are on to us. This forum was the central meeting place for our master plan. I’ll hand it to you, you caught on faster than expected.

We men, are mad as hell and not going to take it anymore. After centuries of oppression we are finally setting forth on the journey of true liberty. About 5 million American males between 18-49 are leaving for a chain of Islands around Vanuatu.

There we will pay our own ways for everything. There we will freely give each other emotionless sex. There we will never ask each other if we look fat. There we will never again have to smell gingerbread scented candles. There we will never again be teased by cleavage. There we will never again have to be asked what we are thinking.

We will be free from the bonds of manscaping. We will be free to smell like armpit as we please. We will be free to have bromances and brodowns and brodates without being snickered at. We will be free from ever having to wear a stupid Christmas sweater, unless of course we want to.

I have a dream that one day all men can spend their leisure time as they please without being accused of being selfish. I have a dream that one day all men can solve their disputes with physical violence without being called barbarians. I have a dream that one day we will raise monkeys as our children.

All that sounds pretty good, huh ladies? Bet you wish you treated us better now.
That was the funniest sh*t ever!!!

Old 02-04-2010, 09:33 AM

1,571 posts, read 2,813,862 times
Yet, those ''Women only like criminals'' or ''They only go for men with cars and money''.... tend to get all the attention and people answered them anyways. Look on the overly repetitive ''Nice men'' threads, that's how pathetic they are sitting on a screen behind their comps and complaining (exceeded generalizations made, I'm not even wasting time anymore answering those threads, no advice from me).

The reason for this is entirely their fault for not taking responsibilities for themselves along with choosing the wrong crowd and yet we're to blame for their poor choices!! What about some men that choose an unintelligent woman that overly wears excessive make-up but has no goals in life? At least I said some, not put all in one bag.
In addition those that complained about how their women left them for a cheating alcoholic, don't look at themselves in the mirror. That woman probably had mental issues, low self-esteem, who knows but the man still chose her so who's fault is it? Some enjoyed venting on a public forum and blame us for having bad selection but what about them?
In the following example I provided about the man whining about his woman dumping him for a bastard, he's also to blame for choosing a bimbo. Who wants a person with luggage anyways who doesn't love nor respect themselves?

Old 02-04-2010, 09:35 AM

1,125 posts, read 2,192,990 times
To be honest, everyone is just as bad as each other.

Men: Women are all freeloaders, gold diggers, materialistic whores who are only into what they can get. They are takers and judge men on their pay check.

Women: Men are all cheaters and arseholes, and always hurt women's feelings, and always abuse and mistreat women. Men only think with their penis and have no consideration for women's feelings.

Old 02-04-2010, 09:36 AM

20,728 posts, read 19,367,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I'm waiting for an actual answer to my question!
Hi sierraAZ,

The answer is: troll.

Old 02-04-2010, 09:37 AM

2,412 posts, read 7,178,364 times
Quote:
Lately it seems every other thread on here is filled with angry, often mysogynistic rants against women. These posts/threads reek of bitterness and discontentment.
Such ugly sentiments emerge far too often here at CD (and elsewhere). The anonymity and physical distance of a message board enables people to be uninhibted in revealing mnay nasty thoughts and feelings that they might otherwise keep to themselves. There are some folks, too, who just like being instigators.

Quote:
Geez, don't you think it's getting a little old?
Yes, it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships