Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 01:04 AM

7,829 posts, read 11,790,682 times

Advertisements

This Valentine's day particularly sucks for me but not only because I am alone, I usually have many hobbies that I distract myself but here it has been raining like hell and the weather has been crap so I can't do anything but sit at home by myself which makes it worse! Oh well! I joined eHarmony again, despite promising myself that I will never join that site again Maybe my luck will turn around soon!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2010, 01:14 AM

436 posts, read 954,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
This Valentine's day particularly sucks for me but not only because I am alone, I usually have many hobbies that I distract myself but here it has been raining like hell and the weather has been crap so I can't do anything but sit at home by myself which makes it worse! Oh well! I joined eHarmony again, despite promising myself that I will never join that site again Maybe my luck will turn around soon!

Oh, poor you ! Look at it this way. You could be dealing with the prospects of a BLIZZARD preparing to bear down on you for the next day or so...

Old 02-10-2010, 09:11 AM

600 posts, read 1,609,506 times
All my single friends are going out dancing on Sat for a singles event at one of the clubs we usually go to. I want to go, too, but it pisses me off, that the club is charging $ 15 admission, just because it's a Vday event. Who the hell cares that it's Feb 13th???

Old 02-10-2010, 09:25 AM

8,775 posts, read 11,909,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert kid View Post
I'm sorry I have been having a crap day. I'm still trying to not be so, errr' negative on my outlook.
Everybody has crap days. Just don't let it become a habit or it really can be self defeating. Me? I'm a Pollyanna. I always try to see the brighter side and if I can't find one I'll just toss whatever the 'problem' is and go with the flow. For sure I'll never have an ulcer!

Old 02-10-2010, 09:31 AM

Quote:
On Valentines Day I plan to stay in, graze in the kitchen...I have lots of healthy snack food...surf the 'net, watch TV...if I can find anything good on!...and maybe even read. But then I LIKE being home and having all my 'comforts' around me. The day will be whatever you make it be.

I got rejected by e-Harmony. I laughed and laughed!!

Old 02-10-2010, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetheart1311 View Post
All my single friends are going out dancing on Sat for a singles event at one of the clubs we usually go to. I want to go, too, but it pisses me off, that the club is charging $ 15 admission, just because it's a Vday event. Who the hell cares that it's Feb 13th???
Just one more money making ploy. Romance can be expensive!!

Old 02-10-2010, 09:33 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
That bad?! Most days I don't even notice the dates.

Old 02-10-2010, 09:38 AM

37,618 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Because YOU enjoy V-Day and I don't makes me non-romantic???

Sorry, but a day deemed a holiday by some man-made idea that says I HAVE to be romantic on THIS PARTICULAR DAY doesn't scream "romance" to me. I don't NEED a day set aside for me to tell me that I have to be "romantic". You don't know what I'm like or how romantic I am the other 364 days of the year.
I COMPLETELY agree Twinkle!! I don't see where not being "caught up" in Valentines Day means someone is not romantic!! My BF is the most romantic guy I've ever been with...but that has NOTHING to do with whether or not he likes to buy me flowers or anything else on V-day.

Old 02-10-2010, 10:02 AM

20,728 posts, read 19,367,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
I went out yesterday to a local restaurant/sports bar (the equivalent of a Fridays) alone. I'll usually run into people I know, but I just wanted to unwind, have a bite and a couple of drinks.

A guy I know came over to my table and asked me why I was alone. I told him I go out alone pretty often. He said he came over because he didn't want me to be alone.

Then he asked me about Valentine's Day. I told him my guy won't be in town that weekend. He said I shouldn't be alone. I told him I was fine with it. He looked at me like he felt sorry for me....lol.

Would this be your reaction? What are your thoughts on V-Day in general? Personally, I enjoy celebrating it (though I would prefer to do it a day or two before hand, I hate the crowds). I'm just fine if I don't have anyone as well.

Hi PassTheChocolate,

It could be his pathetic way of hitting on you. You should not be alone. You should be with him etc.

Old 02-10-2010, 10:05 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,186,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Because YOU enjoy V-Day and I don't makes me non-romantic???

Sorry, but a day deemed a holiday by some man-made idea that says I HAVE to be romantic on THIS PARTICULAR DAY doesn't scream "romance" to me. I don't NEED a day set aside for me to tell me that I have to be "romantic". You don't know what I'm like or how romantic I am the other 364 days of the year.
You nailed it...my little delicate THUG.

Ron
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships