Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 02:07 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,577,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Since this forum is mainly for people who are interested in discussing actual relationships as opposed to hooking up for one night stands I don't think you're going to be swamped with offers. It also makes me wonder what type of goal would be hindered by a serious relationship. It just seems to me that if you're going to spend alot of time trying to find no strings attached sex that this would be more likely to derail your goals than a solid relationship with someone you actually cared about.
a serious relationship would hinder my goals even more because it would be more money spent on the girl, less saved

although seeking nsa in the end could cost more money idk, it was jsut a simple question thats all

im determined to let NOTHING hinder my goal of moving to vegas, come hell or high water i will do it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2010, 02:07 PM

1,851 posts, read 2,153,826 times
Quote:
Since this forum is mainly for people who are interested in discussing actual relationships as opposed to hooking up for one night stands I don't think you're going to be swamped with offers. It also makes me wonder what type of goal would be hindered by a serious relationship. It just seems to me that if you're going to spend alot of time trying to find no strings attached sex that this would be more likely to derail your goals than a solid relationship with someone you actually cared about.
He didn't say anything about one night stands. He's talking about friends with benefits relationships. Which are relationaships, nonetheless.

Old 02-15-2010, 02:14 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Yep, I had one between the boyfriend I dated for many years and the man I married. My longtime boyfriend broke up with me, and I found myself without much of a social life, because two or three days a week had always been devoted to dates or hanging out with his friends. (Lesson learned.) I wanted someone to go to the movies or dinner with me, just basic dating fun stuff with no expectations. I worked with a cute guy and asked him out. I told him I wanted to have some fun, so we did. I never was much of a party girl, so I got some of that out of my system--just silly drunk karaoke stuff. He was an awesome kisser too.

Old 02-15-2010, 02:15 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,639,503 times
You can meet some gals at the Moonlite bunny ranch in NV.
Butt you will have to support their shopping habits...

Old 02-15-2010, 02:16 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,406,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
a serious relationship would hinder my goals even more because it would be more money spent on the girl, less saved

although seeking nsa in the end could cost more money idk, it was jsut a simple question thats all

im determined to let NOTHING hinder my goal of moving to vegas, come hell or high water i will do it

I'm sorry, but I can't even start to figure out how you've gotten to the point where you have a cost ration set up between dates and sex. Is this too much business math, run amuck? Honestly, forget about girls for right now, and learn to quit being selfish.

Old 02-15-2010, 02:18 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
I'm sorry, but I can't even start to figure out how you've gotten to the point where you have a cost ration set up between dates and sex. Is this too much business math, run amuck? Honestly, forget about girls for right now, and learn to quit being selfish.

yeah I'm still stuck on how somebody goes from: "How do I talk to girls?", to "No relationships for me, just sex."

It makes perfect sense if he's talking about farm animals.

Old 02-15-2010, 02:34 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,624,668 times
DavieJ89 wrote:
Quote:
So you're a cheapskate who just wants sex, I get it. I sort of get the drift of what you're saying but I also think that there are probably some nice women out there who are also on a tight budget who would understand your circumstances because they're in the same boat. I'm just suggesting that you could still find a good relationship without having it put you in the poor house.

Old 02-15-2010, 02:41 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,326,170 times
Quote:
Hopefully I will be moving to Las Vegas, NV later this year from Orlando. I want to stay focused on that goal and getting into a serious relationship would be a very bad idea as it could slow me down in my goal, if not stop it altogether if feelings get real serious

So as of right now I am seeking something more short term, or something physical with no commitment

People have told me there are women like that everywhere who want something short term with no commitments but ALL the women I meet want a long term serious relationship

So is what those people said about some women wanting short term relationships true? Or am I really involuntarily celibate until I move to Vegas in October?
So basically what you are looking for is sex. Yes, there are women who will have sex with "no strings attached" if that's what you are looking for. However I don't know where you would find them. Perhaps after the bar closes or one of those "adults only" locations.

Old 02-15-2010, 02:45 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Quote:
DavieJ89 wrote:

So you're a cheapskate who just wants sex, I get it. I sort of get the drift of what you're saying but I also think that there are probably some nice women out there who are also on a tight budget who would understand your circumstances because they're in the same boat. I'm just suggesting that you could still find a good relationship without having it put you in the poor house.
Yeah, that wouldn't have done that for me. It's not that I wanted him to spend money on me, but I wanted to go places and he had to pay for himself.

Old 02-15-2010, 02:49 PM

2,412 posts, read 5,084,211 times
Quote:
Hopefully I will be moving to Las Vegas, NV later this year from Orlando. I want to stay focused on that goal and getting into a serious relationship would be a very bad idea as it could slow me down in my goal, if not stop it altogether if feelings get real serious

So as of right now I am seeking something more short term, or something physical with no commitment

People have told me there are women like that everywhere who want something short term with no commitments but ALL the women I meet want a long term serious relationship

So is what those people said about some women wanting short term relationships true? Or am I really involuntarily celibate until I move to Vegas in October?
We get this question on here a lot? Why is it so hard for guys to believe women go for one night-several months stands, just like guys do?

I guess guys figure women are incapable of just hookin up for a while. You are mistaken.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships