Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 07:54 PM

11,395 posts, read 24,452,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
I'm not too enthused about me being in a relationship, but I'll say it anyway

1) Strong empathy/sympathy for those who are "weak", "timid", "odd", "stupid", etc. (not that i'm that way, but if she is respectful and considerate toward them, then she'd almost certainly be respectful and consderate toward ME!)

2) Open to experiences and ideas that are unique, different, and even downright weird! (shows she's a non-judgmental person, a VITAL element in removing fears of communication and intimacy)

3) Hobbies tend to be cerebrally inclined / loves intellectual challenges (these are my kinds of hobbies! This seems closely related to pt. 2)

4) UNglamorous personality / Decisive LACK of charisma (No offense to certain people, but life's experience made it difficult to trust people with flashy, social-butterfly-type personalities. In my experience, they tend to be quite self-centered, self-indulgent, and even semi-narcissistic)

5) COMMITTED CHILD FREE (Last but certainly not least. See my post on the "having children" thread for more)
Oh darn Phil...we'll never make it. I'm terribly glamorous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2007, 04:41 AM

549 posts, read 2,384,927 times
To adore me . . . . in that old romantic way

Old 06-28-2007, 04:59 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
1. He is so comfortable with who he is, and is not worried about how I feel towards him, he possesses utter and complete trust and is inspired and complimented by our love.

2. He is not controlling...more so, supportive and very objective to the feelings of others, he possesses great respect for the feelings of others....if he is that type of person, he will respect me.

3. He is able to give me alone down time....and I him, to read, go away for a weekend with the girls....or allow me to continue writing.

4. He is considerate and independent, meaning, he is not looking for a maid, but more so a companion, to experience life with.

5. He loves life, and is independent politically, and is able to allow people their opinions...even though, deep down, he knows they are wrong. He can allow, and down right spiritual but not religious.

Old 07-01-2007, 05:21 AM

62 posts, read 299,740 times
I'd like a man that is interested in physical fitness, enjoys outdoors-hiking, common sense, good in bed, and a sense of humor. I guess employed would be good too.

Old 08-10-2007, 09:45 PM

179 posts, read 357,295 times
I just want the following:
A girl with......
--Inner beauty
-- Good morals
-- Church Values
and...
a girl that....
--will be faithful
-- will like me for ME
-- is kind and passionate

Old 08-10-2007, 10:22 PM

72,416 posts, read 18,202,018 times
Well educated
Does not drink,only socially
Does not gamble
Not a couch potato
Spiritual

Old 08-10-2007, 11:41 PM

799 posts, read 2,169,125 times
Integrity/Honesty
Intelligence and good conversation
Sense of humor
Compassion
And not lastly...a wizard in bed.

Old 08-10-2007, 11:43 PM
HDL HDL started this thread

3,216 posts, read 6,787,483 times
Thumbs up That's a VERY SWEET list bmantx :-)

I sure hope and pray that you find that woman !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmantx View Post
I just want the following:
A girl with......
--Inner beauty
-- Good morals
-- Church Values
and...
a girl that....
--will be faithful
-- will like me for ME
-- is kind and passionate

Old 08-11-2007, 02:06 AM

429 posts, read 1,148,310 times
Wow, this has been a great read. Some of you have the hearts of poets! Let's see...

Kindness, Loyalty, Courage...and I have to want him, and visa-versa.

Old 08-11-2007, 01:41 PM

131 posts, read 376,975 times
strong-willed
great sense of humor
treats me with respect and makes me feel like a real woman
smart, intelligent but not a smart-ass
loves me as much as I love him
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships