Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 01:32 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,737,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emirate25 View Post
I am a 29 year old bachelor who makes enough to live comfortably for 1 person. But if I had a wife, I wouldn't be able to support her. My fear of dating or finding someone is because I think I don't make enough money. My question is, do women really want a guy that makes more than her and can support her?
if i were you, i'd be asking myself: do i want to support a woman?

if you live in america, there's not much sense in it. things can get complicated, legally and financially, when one person in a marriage makes much more than the other.

Last edited by le roi; 03-03-2011 at 01:41 PM..

Old 03-03-2011, 11:07 PM

1,041 posts, read 1,525,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
Either way, with the statement above, are you implying that she should feel bad about her decisions to the point of "justifying"?
I'm not implying anything. I made it clear that she does what she wants.

Old 03-03-2011, 11:11 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,645,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emirate25 View Post
I am a 29 year old bachelor who makes enough to live comfortably for 1 person. But if I had a wife, I wouldn't be able to support her. My fear of dating or finding someone is because I think I don't make enough money. My question is, do women really want a guy that makes more than her and can support her?
Depends on how good looking, interesting, sexy and loving you are? You can't really BUY all this stuff. Smart gals KNOW that!

Old 03-03-2011, 11:30 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,856,820 times
Originally Posted by lovesMountains
Charles Darwin, the father of evolutionary biology was skeptical of evolutionary psychology like you are promoting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyShouldIWorry View Post
That's because it was successfully repressed in Victorian times.

Starting in the late 1960s, for women, the lid came completely off the repression and we now have an environment that is closer to the times before civilization created all these structures and sanctions to prevent people from doing what their primal instinctual urges dictated.

Men did not obtain the same freedoms, partly because they still had to maintain societal standards to have even a much reduced success in breeding and partly because the feminist movement successfully lobbied for many new laws to control their behavior.

Some day, men may get organized and demand reciprocity. Or our society may collapse. Many men are predicting the latter but I'm not one of them. When the costs become too high, there will be a natural swing of the pendulum to get behaviors and their costs under control.
Good post. I get a good laugh when I see that lovesMountains apparently is unaware that Darwin lived during the Victorian era. Time moves on.

Einstein was a great physicist but he chafed at agreeing with Quantum Mechanics, believing that "God would not play dice with the universe". Darwin probably had the typical Victorian hangups that prevented him from better understanding women. Few men have this excuse anymore.

Old 03-04-2011, 12:19 AM

129 posts, read 494,180 times
Up until about a year ago, I thought I don't care about money in a guy. But I lived comfortably financially until last year, when things were so hard. For a couple weeks, I had to worry about 10$ whereas before, I never even experienced not being able to have something I want. And now, I never want to go through that experience again. So I do care about money in guys.

Old 03-04-2011, 10:15 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,280,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aek11 View Post
Up until about a year ago, I thought I don't care about money in a guy. But I lived comfortably financially until last year, when things were so hard. For a couple weeks, I had to worry about 10$ whereas before, I never even experienced not being able to have something I want. And now, I never want to go through that experience again. So I do care about money in guys.
It's normal for women to care that the guy has money, a career/degree, a job, a car, etc. for the reasons already stated. You not having money? No problem. Men usually don't care and are not that strict. A guy will still take care of you if he finds you attractive to his eyes and nice to hang around with.

Like women have agreed, men are easy to please .

Old 03-04-2011, 10:18 AM

1,646 posts, read 2,373,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
It's normal for women to care that the guy has money, a career/degree, a job, a car, etc. for the reasons already stated. You not having money? No problem. Men usually don't care and are not that strict. A guy will still take care of you if he finds you attractive to his eyes and nice to hang around with.

Like women have agreed, men are easy to please .
Until he tires of you

Old 03-04-2011, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolVa1977 View Post
Until he tires of you
I agree with you but let me add...or women can get tired of the man when he runs ouf of money.

Old 03-04-2011, 11:07 AM

1,646 posts, read 2,373,880 times
Honestly supporting a woman does not make much sense unless she is taking care of kids. JMO

Old 03-04-2011, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolVa1977 View Post
Honestly supporting a woman does not make much sense unless she is taking care of kids. JMO
Does it make sense that you don’t really need to put that much effort to have a guy take care of you? Remember, as women say, men are easier to please. Men have to work it for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships