Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 10:45 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,100,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
yes... white, blonde hair and fair skin are generally perceived as virtuous attributes which correlate with purity...conversely, darkness in general is associated with negativity and aggression...typically on these forums we all complain that women tend to gravitate towards badboys in their prime, as your statement about women and rap reiterates.
I think the bad boy thing is overblown..

Yeah some young women like em most sane women dont or at least dont go looking for them its just that if a "bad boy"[hate the corny term] is good looking most women will put up with whatever he does its not that they necassarily deisre those traits in a Man but will put up with ti if hes good looking enough..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2010, 11:04 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,974,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
I think the bad boy thing is overblown..

Yeah some young women like em most sane women dont or at least dont go looking for them its just that if a "bad boy"[hate the corny term] is good looking most women will put up with whatever he does its not that they necassarily deisre those traits in a Man but will put up with ti if hes good looking enough..

IDK...I would say that the real problem is that judging by the popularity of rap music among young women, far too many of them do like bad boys.. (remember, Im talking about women in their prime)...and it takes young women so long to mature to the point of considering something other than a badboy...

I actually think it is a misnomer that girls mature faster than men...judging solely by their decision making skills, not their social skills, I would say that young men make much more mature, rational decisions in figuring out which women are worthwhile for relationships and which ones arent, long before women find out which men are viable candidates for healthy longterm relationships and which one's arent...

btw, I think the phrase "bad boy" is over the top corny as well...it sounds like a term that some dweeb came up with to describe everyone except himself..

Old 02-26-2010, 11:40 PM

20,718 posts, read 19,360,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
yes... white, blonde hair and fair skin are generally perceived as virtuous attributes which correlate with purity...conversely, darkness in general is associated with negativity and aggression...typically on these forums we all complain that women tend to gravitate towards badboys in their prime, as your statement about young women and rap reiterates.

Hi solytaire,

They always try that cultural crap. It seems to be universal across cultures. Remember how the desire for blond women was because of that Anglo-Saxon domination? No one bothered to notice that blond men are often the corporate weasel, jerk rich kid, or villain in Holly Wood.
Women have more subcutaneous fat then men. That on average lightens the skin. Its just another female characteristic. Naturally when races are taken into consideration, it will tend to skew it.

Old 02-26-2010, 11:52 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,974,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi solytaire,

They always try that cultural crap. It seems to be universal across cultures. Remember how the desire for blond women was because of that Anglo-Saxon domination? No one bothered to notice that blond men are often the corporate weasel, jerk rich kid, or villain in Holly Wood.
Exactly...I actually think that in regards to social perception, in American society, blond, blue eye attributes are tethered to deception in men (evil veiled in rectitude and virtuosity), and purity in women...I surmise that this is why those stereotypes exist in Hollywood...(blue eyed devil, any female villain is always a brunette or has black hair etc.)..the distressed damsel/female sex symbol is almost always blonde/blue eyed... what say you gwynedd?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships