Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 04:24 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,022,861 times

Advertisements

Aside from my brothers, whose girlfriends get younger every year and don't fit this mold, I don't know many men but I know of two very successful, confident men in their mid 50s who resist advances of younger women, even those they think are attractive. They both say they're just more attracted to women their own age or no younger than their 40s. They both admit they like to look but they know what they want and hold out for it. I didn't believe it at first til I saw it with my own eyes. I didn't think there was a man on earth who could resist someone 20 to 30 years younger than themselves. Could it be I know the only two in existance? Seriously, I wonder if this attitude is more common than we realize.

I shouldn't have doubted. My sister doesn't believe that I have no desire to ever date a younger man. She's all into that. In her 50s she dates men in their 30s.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2010, 04:41 PM

541 posts, read 2,140,106 times
Well, when was dating, I had many younger men who were not interested in women their own age and they routinely dated older women. I was approached more by younger men than men my own age or older. I ended up marrying a younger one (11.5 years younger)

Old 02-24-2010, 05:18 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,415,227 times
People put too much emphasis on age...and not enough emphasis on personality.

Old 02-24-2010, 05:23 PM

90 posts, read 321,852 times
Women 20 to 30 years younger are looking for a sugar daddy. Men seeking women 20-30 years younger are looking to recapture their youth. A woman 20-30 years younger than I will not understand me, my generation, my cultural context, etc. Love is grand, but understanding intensifies love. I would not date someone that much younger than I. They only become eye candy, which heightens libido briefly. Long-lasting, sustaning relationships for the most part are created when people associate with those within a narrower age range.

Old 02-24-2010, 05:27 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
People put too much emphasis on age...and not enough emphasis on personality.
That's true but that will never change.

Old 02-24-2010, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by profgent1 View Post
Women 20 to 30 years younger are looking for a sugar daddy. Men seeking women 20-30 years younger are looking to recapture their youth. A woman 20-30 years younger than I will not understand me, my generation, my cultural context, etc. Love is grand, but understanding intensifies love. I would not date someone that much younger than I. They only become eye candy, which heightens libido briefly. Long-lasting, sustaning relationships for the most part are created when people associate with those within a narrower age range.
I like this. Good perspective.

Old 02-24-2010, 05:40 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,641,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by profgent1 View Post
ROFLMFAO!!!

Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you! I REALLY needed that laugh!

Old 02-24-2010, 05:52 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,415,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
That's true but that will never change.
When I'm the Emperor of the World...I will force everybody to love everybody. If they don't I will hate them.

Old 02-24-2010, 05:54 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,639,075 times
I also see a number of problems if the age difference is significant. I just got a message today that someone had visited my online profile. I'm 60 years old and she's 28 and very attractive judging by her photo. As I've mentioned before my main activity seems to be from young women whose main language is obviously not english. This is the sort of situation in which a young woman is looking for an American male just so they can get into this country legally.
Of course I'm attracted to young beautiful women because it's wired into the brains of men and it's a natural desire but I think that both men and women need to realize that as they get older they tend to have less in common with someone much younger and that includes much more than physical appearance.
In my opinion someone who is looking for a partner who is much younger is probably fixated on sexual attraction and not much more. If this is the only thing that's going on it's not going to be a long lasting relationship.

Old 02-24-2010, 06:21 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,234,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
I didn't think there was a man on earth who could resist someone 20 to 30 years younger than themselves.
Well, it kinda depends on what they look like... Many can't even hold a candle to women twice their age and more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships