Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2014, 07:14 PM

37,626 posts, read 46,035,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoky_topaz View Post
You have always heard about the "crazy cat lady"...Are there not men who have multiple cats out there too? People kind of like to stereotype cat owners or lovers of cats. They are such fascinating creatures, no wonder. Men with cats kind of draw me in...nothing against dog lovers, I like dogs but mostly small ones like Chihuahuas and Pugs. I met a nice guy on the Internet last year who lived in a Mother in law suite with four fluffy cats, my platonic friends usually have 2 or more cats or animals in general, my finace has 6 cats that includes the one cat I gave away to him (before we got serious) because a lady at my apartment complex complained that the cat was getting out (under the fence) and warned me that someone might pick him up and take him to the vet to be destroyed (a fate I would never want...)
Does anybody feel like "cat people" are weird? Would you date a "cat person" by that I mean you have more than one cat, you dote on them like your children,etc...
2 cats are fine. 2 dogs are, well, pushing it. 3 cats, or 3 dogs, or more than two of ANYTHING, is far too much going on for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2014, 09:31 PM

2,563 posts, read 3,685,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoky_topaz View Post
You have always heard about the "crazy cat lady"...Are there not men who have multiple cats out there too? People kind of like to stereotype cat owners or lovers of cats. They are such fascinating creatures, no wonder. Men with cats kind of draw me in...nothing against dog lovers, I like dogs but mostly small ones like Chihuahuas and Pugs. I met a nice guy on the Internet last year who lived in a Mother in law suite with four fluffy cats, my platonic friends usually have 2 or more cats or animals in general, my finace has 6 cats that includes the one cat I gave away to him (before we got serious) because a lady at my apartment complex complained that the cat was getting out (under the fence) and warned me that someone might pick him up and take him to the vet to be destroyed (a fate I would never want...)
Does anybody feel like "cat people" are weird? Would you date a "cat person" by that I mean you have more than one cat, you dote on them like your children,etc...
Huge warning sign, IMHO.

Old 04-21-2014, 04:54 AM

639 posts, read 679,166 times
In my personal opinion I don't like cats so I feel uncomfortable with that..

Old 04-21-2014, 08:13 AM

50,382 posts, read 64,034,538 times
Forgive me if I already posted this.
Our friend told a story about dating a woman who had a few cats. Our friend was in his 60s and so was in high demand socially in the town he lived in, even though he was a bit of a curmudgeon. A widow invited him to dinner at her house.
The went into the kitchen and a cat was on the counter licking the uncooked pork chops.
My friend offered to run out to the store to get more, but he left and didn't go back.

Old 04-21-2014, 08:27 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,620,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Forgive me if I already posted this.
Our friend told a story about dating a woman who had a few cats. Our friend was in his 60s and so was in high demand socially in the town he lived in, even though he was a bit of a curmudgeon. A widow invited him to dinner at her house.
The went into the kitchen and a cat was on the counter licking the uncooked pork chops.
My friend offered to run out to the store to get more, but he left and didn't go back.
LOL, my cat did the same thing when I accidentally left her alone with a cupcake. My fault, not hers.

Old 04-21-2014, 11:03 AM

9 posts, read 10,617 times
Since I "accidentally" have 3 cats, I shouldn't say too much...... Even before I had my own pet(s) though, I would rather date a man WITH 1 (or 2, maybe 3--but no more) than one who "hates" them. I get it that there are dog-people and cat-people, but when I hear one or the other say they "hate" the other, they lose a lot of stature with me.

My husband didn't know he was a cat-person until he got owned by one (he grew up with dogs for pets), but at least he was open to me getting one right after we got married. We had that one for a looooong time and then went a couple of years without, and we both agreed that we like our home better with a cat in it than not. And, he's more fine with our accidental third addition than I am.

A man who isn't ashamed to say he loves a cat is golden in my book!

Old 04-25-2014, 05:54 AM

50,382 posts, read 64,034,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
LOL, my cat did the same thing when I accidentally left her alone with a cupcake. My fault, not hers.
This wouldn't be a big deal for me. I'd just rinse it off and cook it anyway.
Fortunately, my present cat never jumps on the counter.

Old 04-25-2014, 07:10 AM

5,103 posts, read 8,616,048 times
I'm leery about dating men who don't have a pet! Having a cat or two is a plus, as long as the house isn't nasty as a result.

I'm owned by one cat. I like dogs, but my schedule can change overnight and always being home at a certain time to let it out isn't possible. I have plenty of time to play with and scratch a kitty, but it might not always be at the same time each day.

Old 04-25-2014, 09:38 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,891,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
This wouldn't be a big deal for me. I'd just rinse it off and cook it anyway.
Fortunately, my present cat never jumps on the counter.
How do you manage that. That is why my cats don't stay in the house. I cant keep them from jumping on the counter or table.

Old 04-25-2014, 09:49 AM

11,375 posts, read 9,291,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemur View Post
I'm leery about dating men who don't have a pet! Having a cat or two is a plus, as long as the house isn't nasty as a result.

I'm owned by one cat. I like dogs, but my schedule can change overnight and always being home at a certain time to let it out isn't possible. I have plenty of time to play with and scratch a kitty, but it might not always be at the same time each day.
I'll bite since no one else did.

I am not a pet person, never have been. No desire to own cats or dogs. Prefer anyone I am dating to have none as well. I'm supposed to be allergic to cats but it may be certain breeds.

Does me not having the desire to have a pet make me sub-human or something?

Quote:
I'm owned by one cat
What? How does a cat "own" it's owner?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships