Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 06:39 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,990,261 times

Advertisements

1 is fine, 2 I'll deal with... 3 is getting strange.

Women with a lot of animals is a turnoff though. Think 2 cats, 2 dogs, a bird, fish... not into that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2014, 01:57 AM

1,326 posts, read 1,137,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsun556 View Post

Women with a lot of animals is a turnoff though. Think 2 cats, 2 dogs, a bird, fish... not into that.
Ha, that's funny because men like you are a turn off to women like me. Nothing sexier than a man who loves animals!

Old 04-19-2014, 02:11 AM

1,326 posts, read 1,137,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post

At least I can garuntee he's just doing this for eternity.

It's not so hard to look at his pics anymore, but I still feel like wellin' up a bit right now.
I am so sorry. Only an animal lover can truly understand how it feels to lose one. There are no words that can explain how it feels. I recently lost my guy unexpectedly. He looks like he could have been from the same litter as yours. The last pic I took of him was on a windowsill. I haven't been able to look at it yet. I will soon even though I know it will be hard to do.

Old 04-19-2014, 07:56 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,144,437 times
One cat -- Totally fine. Cats are cool.
Two cats -- Not bad.
Three cats -- Ummm. A little overkill there.
Four cats or more -- "Um, excuse me. I think I left something in my car..." And never return.

Photos of cats all over the house -- Leave. Just leave.
Continually talking to one's cats -- Maybe a little lonely.
Continually talking about one's cats as if they were substitute people -- Contact relatives with a note of concern in your voice.
Wrapping up cat toys as Christmas presents -- Maybe you should get out more.
Obsessing over which cat toys to buy as Christmas presents -- Maybe you should get a life.

Old 04-19-2014, 08:08 AM

4,236 posts, read 8,139,350 times
I won't date anyone with cat(s)

I only date women with dogs, but Min Pins and Taco Bell dogs are a big no.

26,699 posts, read 41,730,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsun556 View Post

I think that scenario is a run down of the food chain.

Quote:
One cat -- Totally fine. Cats are cool.
Two cats -- Not bad.
Three cats -- Ummm. A little overkill there.
Four cats or more -- "Um, excuse me. I think I left something in my car..." And never return.

Photos of cats all over the house -- Leave. Just leave.
Continually talking to one's cats -- Maybe a little lonely.
Continually talking about one's cats as if they were substitute people -- Contact relatives with a note of concern in your voice.
Wrapping up cat toys as Christmas presents -- Maybe you should get out more.
Obsessing over which cat toys to buy as Christmas presents -- Maybe you should get a life.
Good rundown.

324 posts, read 407,318 times
I wouldn't mind dating a guy who has one or 2. But multiple cats? No.

Old 04-19-2014, 08:15 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,646,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmic_girl View Post
I wouldn't mind dating a guy who has one or 2. But multiple cats? No.
This. And the same goes for any type of pet. (I've seen guys with multiple snakes)

Old 04-19-2014, 08:46 AM

15,859 posts, read 21,434,155 times
I'm a pet person. The biggest concern with dating someone with multiple pets is if we move in together, how we will find an apartment that will take them all. I have one cat and a fishtank - and I will fully admit, the aquarium is just as much to keep the cat entertained while I'm gone during the day as the enjoyment I get out of it. I also seek out roommates who have cats, because my cat does so much better with another cat around and I don't necessarily want to get a 2nd.

My boyfriend has a cat and is considering getting a 2nd. We don't have any immediate plans of moving in together and honestly, it might never happen. If I was more sure of living together, I would argue against the 2nd cat. Otherwise, no problem.

Old 04-19-2014, 09:02 AM

2,765 posts, read 3,628,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoky_topaz View Post
You have always heard about the "crazy cat lady"...Are there not men who have multiple cats out there too? People kind of like to stereotype cat owners or lovers of cats. They are such fascinating creatures, no wonder. Men with cats kind of draw me in...nothing against dog lovers, I like dogs but mostly small ones like Chihuahuas and Pugs. I met a nice guy on the Internet last year who lived in a Mother in law suite with four fluffy cats, my platonic friends usually have 2 or more cats or animals in general, my finace has 6 cats that includes the one cat I gave away to him (before we got serious) because a lady at my apartment complex complained that the cat was getting out (under the fence) and warned me that someone might pick him up and take him to the vet to be destroyed (a fate I would never want...)
Does anybody feel like "cat people" are weird? Would you date a "cat person" by that I mean you have more than one cat, you dote on them like your children,etc...
I love cats, I will take a cat over a dog any day. I like dogs too but they need too much attention. Cats are independent and strong, I have four cats too. My cats don't bother me at all, they eat go outside when they want and come home when they want so they are never a problem. They sleep a lot, make no noise and are friendly.

Last edited by 1orlando; 04-19-2014 at 09:21 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships