Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2010, 07:36 AM

1,203 posts, read 1,982,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveyboyy View Post
I never understood why so many people have fascination with them.. they smell get hair everywhere and just annoying , .
This is how I feel about some humans.
Go figure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2010, 07:44 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tia 914 View Post
wellll, I know the difference, but-
my living room looks like a Kindergarten from all the toys.. and there are no children here...
and typical communication often goes "Mummy wuvvvs the wittums..."
I only have one cat

LOL. I talk to my animals too, but not in a baby voice. I dont even talk to babies in a baby voice. It was embarrassing enough when my bf caught me talking to the baby ducks in the hen house.

Old 03-25-2010, 09:05 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,624,668 times
Quote:
How do you feel about dating people with multiple cats?
Multiple cats are much better than multiple personalities, especially if one of them is a psychotic killer.

Old 03-25-2010, 09:54 AM

600 posts, read 1,609,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogwalker425 View Post
I will admit to a "momma loves you" every now and then okay every day. LOL
I'm a "who's my little baby?" girl .

Old 03-28-2010, 10:12 PM

9,470 posts, read 10,805,387 times
I have two cats, they are spoiled and fat. Ive been a cat person since I was little. Funny to see women in here who wouldnt date a man with cats. Cats add alot to your life. I like my cats better than most people I meet. My wife wasnt crazy about cats when I met her, but after 19 years together she is coming around.

Old 04-17-2014, 09:14 PM

1 posts, read 824 times
I'm a 38 year old man, and currently going through a marital breakdown. I am now left single, separated and living with three cats; one is a hyperactive adolescent, one is a fat dopey thing, and the third has three legs. They cost an arm and a leg to feed and I worked out I spend more on catfood and litter than I do for my own grocery shopping. It was never my idea to get cats, and prior to my marriage I had only ever had a goldfish. Now I am responsible for cleaning, feeding and sifting through their poop. I must admit I am somewhat attached to them, however, I believe its rather embarrassing to have three cats - and I wonder about how ''freaky'' future partners will find it.

I also find myself talking about them (the cats) in social situations, and am beginning to worry that I am losing my mind.

Any advice is welcome (my parents suggested throwing them off my balcony, but they are not really ''animal people'', and I would feel bad for both the cats and my neighbours' below).

Old 04-17-2014, 10:32 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,458,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMichelle View Post
I don't date men with cats - not even one!

Do you date women with cats?

Old 04-17-2014, 10:45 PM

1,226 posts, read 1,449,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil9988 View Post
I'm a 38 year old man, and currently going through a marital breakdown. I am now left single, separated and living with three cats; one is a hyperactive adolescent, one is a fat dopey thing, and the third has three legs. They cost an arm and a leg to feed and I worked out I spend more on catfood and litter than I do for my own grocery shopping. It was never my idea to get cats, and prior to my marriage I had only ever had a goldfish. Now I am responsible for cleaning, feeding and sifting through their poop. I must admit I am somewhat attached to them, however, I believe its rather embarrassing to have three cats - and I wonder about how ''freaky'' future partners will find it.

I also find myself talking about them (the cats) in social situations, and am beginning to worry that I am losing my mind.

Any advice is welcome (my parents suggested throwing them off my balcony, but they are not really ''animal people'', and I would feel bad for both the cats and my neighbours' below).
Wow. That only proves you are a nurturer though I don't know how you came to be when your parents aren't LOL.

Isn't it in many movies and even that millionaire matchmaker. Psychologists/psychiatrists or even matchmakers often suggest you either get a pet or a plant before being in a relationship because apparently if the pet or plant is still alive in a week you prove you can take care of others. LOL.

The matchmaker said if you are dog lover or pet lover you are a natural nurturer.

My husband's family are crazy animal lovers. In fact my husband asked me why none of my family doesn't have pets when we went into my family's gathering one day.

I actually was surprised on my first time in his house that he has 2 cats he said that was his deceased mom's cats. That she asked him to take care of. He also has auto poop scooper, never seen those before.

Glad though now we're married that scooping their poops is less of my problems, LOL. I am not even a cat person. I prefer dogs but gosh I love our cutie cats soo much now. I call them my babies.

Old 04-18-2014, 12:23 AM

1,326 posts, read 1,138,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil9988 View Post

Ignore your parents and enjoy your babies. Do you really want to be with someone (future partner) who doesn't like cats if the cats make you happy? I never cared what guys thought about the amount of animals I have. If they didn't like it I didn't care.

My BF went from zero animals to me. Right now I have six dogs, 7 cats and a bird (I foster). He had no idea he was such an animal person. I take mostly abused/neglected animals and he is amazing with them. He is always buying toys and treats for them. He never thought he would be with someone who always has so many animals around but I rescue and I always will. He enjoys them and they love him. He misses them when they are ready to be adopted but looks forward to the new ones I take too. Makes me love him even more.

Old 04-18-2014, 12:33 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
If a girl I dated had multiple cats, her biggest worry would have to be that I would give all my attention to the cats and not her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships