Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2010, 10:08 PM

71 posts, read 69,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamCharger1985 View Post
ny101:
There are some guys out there who just put women off subconsciously. Now I don't know you, so can't say if this is true in your case but if your relationships with women are little to non-existant than you have to look at yourself and fix whatever the problem is. I'm sorry for playing the pessimistic d**k here but if you're a virgin at 37 the odds are against you unless you do a total personality shift - and really thats not going to happen too easily. Breaking the habits of having zero confidence for a long period of time is going to be hard.
If I were to take you seriously I'd lose whatever confidence I have. Luckily for me, Iwon't take your post seriously. No, you're not sorry for being a pessimistic d**k or you would have never posted much of what you did. I can see right though your words.

There will be no prostitute. It's amazing that I post this in my orginal post, yet half the responses including most from other males suggest that I hire a prostitute.

Last edited by ny101; 04-08-2010 at 10:21 PM..

Old 04-08-2010, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklyWonder66 View Post
How did this become as discussion on dating and virginity to an all out woman hating campaign? People get hurt by both sexes in all different kinds of situations. Not all woman are the same and visa versa in respect to guys.

NYC101 Take all the sensible advice and let us know how you get on.

Oh and while I'm here gotta give props to STT Resident. - Talks sense with a funny twist - gotta be female?
Reading through this thread, it's posts like yours and STT Resident that are helping me with the confidence I will need.

I'll take the sensible advice and reject the bad advice. I am just stunned at some of the weird posts by some of the woman haters in here.

Old 04-08-2010, 10:30 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,433,444 times
OP, why don't you start out with a few fun relationships here and there, until you have gotten some experience, before deciding that you want to marry?

Old 04-08-2010, 11:57 PM

4,665 posts, read 4,980,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ny101 View Post
Reading through this thread, it's posts like yours and STT Resident that are helping me with the confidence I will need.

I'll take the sensible advice and reject the bad advice. I am just stunned at some of the weird posts by some of the woman haters in here.
You're right. Take advice on how to get laid from everyone except guys who actually get laid.

Old 04-09-2010, 04:00 AM

5,412 posts, read 4,240,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
You're right. Take advice on how to get laid from everyone except guys who actually get laid.
He wants a relationship. IF that's realistic, I don't know, but he doesn't want to just "get laid"

Old 04-09-2010, 05:42 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,710,891 times
Quote:
Judging from the tone and crude delivery of many of those responses from guys who allegedly get laid one wonders, though, about the quality of these relationships. Seems like a lot of rooster-crowing and wing-flapping without any substance. Wouldn't surprise me in the least that a large percentage of these gum-flappers think that because they can bag a skank for a quick roll they're relationship experts by dint of simply knowing where to put it and not much more than that.

Add to those the misogynists (Lord only knows why they even post about their dating woes when they don't even LIKE women) and the advice pool for NY101 significantly diminishes.

NY101 posted a legitimate question which obviously many respondents didn't even read before they posted.

To ridicule him for being a 37 year old virgin is outrageously insensitive, if not outrightly cruel. He's not an anomaly, isn't "weird" because of it and seems like a pretty decent human being who's simply trying to sort himself out in an area in which so far he's not had much experience. He may not be "normal" where some of you are concerned but that doesn't make him in any way "abnormal".

I have a good feeling that if he gets out of his shell and works on his basic social skills he'll do just fine in the long run and will find a partner. And he won't be leaving behind him a trail of disasters ...

Old 04-09-2010, 06:26 AM

261 posts, read 527,449 times
Quote:

Ha yeah because it's ONLY guys that get laid. Who do you think these guys are getting laid with?? Farm yard animals....? types of fruit....?or their hand maybe....?

Old 04-09-2010, 06:33 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,710,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklyWonder66 View Post
Ha yeah because it's ONLY guys that get laid. Who do you think these guys are getting laid with?? Farm yard animals....? types of fruit....?or their hand maybe....?
Anything to offer where the OP's question is concerned?

Old 04-09-2010, 07:14 AM

5,412 posts, read 4,240,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Judging from the tone and crude delivery of many of those responses from guys who allegedly get laid one wonders, though, about the quality of these relationships. Seems like a lot of rooster-crowing and wing-flapping without any substance. Wouldn't surprise me in the least that a large percentage of these gum-flappers think that because they can bag a skank for a quick roll they're relationship experts by dint of simply knowing where to put it and not much more than that.

Add to those the misogynists (Lord only knows why they even post about their dating woes when they don't even LIKE women) and the advice pool for NY101 significantly diminishes.

NY101 posted a legitimate question which obviously many respondents didn't even read before they posted.

To ridicule him for being a 37 year old virgin is outrageously insensitive, if not outrightly cruel. He's not an anomaly, isn't "weird" because of it and seems like a pretty decent human being who's simply trying to sort himself out in an area in which so far he's not had much experience. He may not be "normal" where some of you are concerned but that doesn't make him in any way "abnormal".

I have a good feeling that if he gets out of his shell and works on his basic social skills he'll do just fine in the long run and will find a partner. And he won't be leaving behind him a trail of disasters ...
But it is highly likely that most women would decline him for being a 37 year old virgin. Even my exes admitted they would never had dated me had they known that I had only had sex 50 or so times before meeting her..

Women care about what other women think, so if he's a 37 year old virgin, not by choice, then other women probably aren't too interested in him

Women expect men, especially of tha tage, to be experienced and know what htey are doing.

Old 04-09-2010, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post

Much of it is getting out of the shell. It's certainly a challenge to break old hibits, but bit by bit I'm doing it.

I'll just ignore the poor advice that some post here. At least a few people such as you post good advice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships