Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2010, 05:07 AM

71 posts, read 69,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Maybe you're just not a lot of fun to be around? I'm not talking about being a "riot a minute" bore but maybe you walk around with a slouch and a hangdog expression and talk in rather a monotone? Shyness is one thing but complete glumness and no sparkle is SO depressing to be around.

And by the way, if the "woman friend" who wouldn't give you a hint of why you're not good dating material and hung up on you is representative of your "friends" then you need to cultivate real ones!
I don't have many friends. I often do have glumness and no sparkle. I'm lucky if I can see a friend once a month.

Even when I'm happier and in better moods, there's still something about me that people don't like. Maybe it's obvious to others but I don't know.

I was happy and excited on my all of my 4 dates. Then I got very unhappy after each rejection.

Old 04-11-2010, 06:33 AM

5,412 posts, read 4,240,714 times
NY101, do you provide lots of drama? or are you pretty stable?

Old 04-11-2010, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny101 View Post
I talked to a woman I know. I asked her to be honest and she said "you don't have what it takes to date" and I asked her to expalin and she said she couldn't. She said "some guys just don't have that 'it' factor". We ended up arguing because I wanted her to be more specific and she kept saying she couldn't be and then she hung up on me.

I wonder now if it is a numbers game.
What's she's saying is that in her opinion, a woman woudl rather date a serial killer than you. There are some women willing to date serial killers, as they get plenty of love letters, but apparently you are less desirable than serial killers are. How does that make you feel?

Old 04-11-2010, 06:38 AM

85 posts, read 178,151 times
I've read some of this quite interesting post over the past few days. Wow... what to do...

Prositutes....OUT. Ok, option 2.... I think you need a complete and radical change. Throw out everything you have been doing up to now.
1. Change your look. Do you have facial hair? Get rid of it. Don't have any? Grow some. Do you have long hair? Go with the bald army haircut look. Maybe even dye your hair. You could also start wearing sunglasses all the time as the Chicago Bears QB Jim McMahon used to. Radical change in all regards will probably bring out a new attitude.
2. The idea of a female mentor is not a bad one, as others have said.
3. Not sure of your financial / job situation, but you may want to consider a move to a new area. Again, depending on your finances and can you get a job in the same field.
4. With your new look and attitude, hit the places where females hang out, and hit them hard.
5. You may want to pursue "older" woman, someone in late 40's or older, and don't worry if she is a few pounds overweight. Those types of women are out there.
6. Pick up a brand new hobby or two, that may expand your chances.

Good luck and keep us in the loop here....

Old 04-11-2010, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Maybe you're just not a lot of fun to be around? I'm not talking about being a "riot a minute" bore but maybe you walk around with a slouch and a hangdog expression and talk in rather a monotone? Shyness is one thing but complete glumness and no sparkle is SO depressing to be around.

And by the way, if the "woman friend" who wouldn't give you a hint of why you're not good dating material and hung up on you is representative of your "friends" then you need to cultivate real ones!
that's why self respecting men should never let themselves be "friendzoned". Cut off all contact if they reject you romantically, because the "friendship" is about you having to listen to her complain about the guys she dating, her pro blems, not yours. If you want to discuss your problems, they hang up on you, like he's learned.

Old 04-11-2010, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
NY101, do you provide lots of drama? or are you pretty stable?
I'm usually stable, but I have had more drama than I can handle in the last 24 hours.

Quote:
What's she's saying is that in her opinion, a woman woudl rather date a serial killer than you. There are some women willing to date serial killers, as they get plenty of love letters, but apparently you are less desirable than serial killers are. How does that make you feel?
I called her early this morning and woke her up. I asked and asked her to exaplain what she meant and our friendship is now over. She said never to speak to her again. 3 years down the drain. I'm angrier than ever now. There's only 4 friends left that I communicate with more than every few months.

Old 04-11-2010, 06:59 AM

Quote:
that's why self respecting men should never let themselves be "friendzoned". Cut off all contact if they reject you romantically, because the "friendship" is about you having to listen to her complain about the guys she dating, her pro blems, not yours. If you want to discuss your problems, they hang up on you, like he's learned.
I have a total of 4 friends. 2 of them are women. Your "brilliant" suggestion implies that I should drop the 2 women as friends. How stupid do you think I am?

Old 04-11-2010, 07:08 AM

Quote:
I'm usually stable, but I have had more drama than I can handle in the last 24 hours.

I called her early this morning and woke her up. I asked and asked her to exaplain what she meant and our friendship is now over. She said never to speak to her again. 3 years down the drain. I'm angrier than ever now. There's only 4 friends left that I communicate with more than every few months.
what you describe isn't a friend or a friendship, so you have lost absolutely NOTHING.

Old 04-11-2010, 07:08 AM

4,669 posts, read 4,980,348 times
But they don't like you and don't respect you. Therefore, you're better off without them, even if they were your last friends in the world.

I think you're putting us on, anyway. I can't imagine a real person being this clueless about everything.

Old 04-11-2010, 07:09 AM

Quote:
I have a total of 4 friends. 2 of them are women. Your "brilliant" suggestion implies that I should drop the 2 women as friends. How stupid do you think I am?
why don't you call up both of them and ask them for advice and see if they hang up on you as well. You can quickly find out of they are "friends"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships