Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 10:13 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,785,580 times

Advertisements

Percentage,

It's a tad bit difficult to insult someone who is happy with their life. If you are so insulted by my comments that weren't even directed toward you personally. You have issues.

While you're trying your hardest to offend me personally. Why? I'm not sure, you are only making yourself look like an egomaniac. You are really showing how little respect you have for women...not good.

You continue to wave this "past mistake", "high mileage" flag at me, and it has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with me. Get it? Ya don't know ***** about me so don't act like you do. Not good.

Wait a second, I "GET IT"! You're a brand new father who has just had a baby. Hmmmmm, don't be waving past mistake flags at all of "us" when YOU haven't even begun the journey.

You must love provoking and arguing...even if it's with yourself. But for me, it's getting stale in here. Continue having arguments with yourself and high fiving your "boys". I've got other things to do.

I have to say... it has been amusing...nuts and all LMAO.

GOOD LUCK! YOU GONNA NEED IT BOY!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2011, 10:56 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,279,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
Nonsense, now she is shifting the argument. You said and I quote "only real men can date divorced moms" and my argument all along has been that your definition of a real man is just that, YOUR definition. It has NOTHING to do with what a REAL man is. Again a real man is one that carefully accesses a situation and makes a decision that is in the best interest of EVERYBODY. That includes deciding to date a woman with children because he is ready to be a parent or saying h/she is ready for a relationship with the person but not ready to act as a parent.

Also, a man (like women) has the option to dismiss a woman for whatever reason he pleases. It all boils down to preference and that does NOT make him immature. It simply means he is not ready for that level of commitment-- Get it?

As for the comment about my ego...please, apologize to my nuts. I am a married man with a child. I played the field very well when i was single and only dealt with single women without children because guess what? I didnt want (and wasnt ready) to be a parent. *again, it would have been unfair to the children of a single mom if i dated their mother but wasnt a good father figure to them--GET IT????*

When I finally decided to settle down, you better believe i chose to do so with a single woman in the same situation as me. Why should i deprive myself of the opportunity to start afresh because people like you with your "mistakes" are looking for fools ( i kid but couldnt resist) to rescue you from your horrible choices? I dont think so. lol

Single women without children deserve single men without children. You and folks like you should be looking to date men with children..and if an unattached gentleman decides to date you inspite of your situation..then kudos to him...but dont come here preaching some crap about "REAL MEN"when in actuality you are trying to make your situation appear to be better than it really is...your stock , much like the stock market, has crashed. Deal with it!!!!
Awesome.

Old 11-09-2011, 04:08 AM

2,495 posts, read 4,358,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsavvy View Post
Percentage,

It's a tad bit difficult to insult someone who is happy with their life. If you are so insulted by my comments that weren't even directed toward you personally. You have issues.

While you're trying your hardest to offend me personally. Why? I'm not sure, you are only making yourself look like an egomaniac. You are really showing how little respect you have for women...not good.

You continue to wave this "past mistake", "high mileage" flag at me, and it has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with me. Get it? Ya don't know ***** about me so don't act like you do. Not good.

Wait a second, I "GET IT"! You're a brand new father who has just had a baby. Hmmmmm, don't be waving past mistake flags at all of "us" when YOU haven't even begun the journey.

You must love provoking and arguing...even if it's with yourself. But for me, it's getting stale in here. Continue having arguments with yourself and high fiving your "boys". I've got other things to do.

I have to say... it has been amusing...nuts and all LMAO.

GOOD LUCK! YOU GONNA NEED IT BOY!
So now having a slight difference of opinion on a subject automatically means I am attacking you or have no respect for women? Really? LOL

Even though, you're the one accusing me of being an egomaniac....oh well, a healthy debate is what we were engaged in til you started throwing out subtle insults and I was responding in kind. Its 2011 so men and women are equals

Anyway, yes i am a brand new parent and believe you me, we are in it for the long haul. No worries this isnt a Kim K type marriage ...and come on, I was obviously joking about the high mileage comment...just as i assumed you were about the "mistake" line.

I agree, we will not see eye to eye on this particular topic but thats not a reason to sound bitter. There are plenty of men out there that agree with your position...just NOT me!!! My apologies if you were offended by my comments..honestly.

Have a good day, Moon

%

Old 11-09-2011, 11:24 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,785,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
So now having a slight difference of opinion on a subject automatically means I am attacking you or have no respect for women? Really? LOL

Even though, you're the one accusing me of being an egomaniac....oh well, a healthy debate is what we were engaged in til you started throwing out subtle insults and I was responding in kind. Its 2011 so men and women are equals

Anyway, yes i am a brand new parent and believe you me, we are in it for the long haul. No worries this isnt a Kim K type marriage ...and come on, I was obviously joking about the high mileage comment...just as i assumed you were about the "mistake" line.

I agree, we will not see eye to eye on this particular topic but thats not a reason to sound bitter. There are plenty of men out there that agree with your position...just NOT me!!! My apologies if you were offended by my comments..honestly.

Have a good day, Moon

%

OK.

We can be friends again.

Old 11-10-2011, 01:37 AM

12,671 posts, read 23,811,078 times
Divorced? Sure
Kid(s)? NO!

Old 11-10-2011, 03:23 PM

438 posts, read 1,352,620 times
Yes....anytime!

Old 11-10-2011, 03:46 PM
ttz

677 posts, read 1,666,846 times
I wonder how many of the men that say no way cuz of kids are under 40? As someone else pointed out, as you get older, your options are smaller and if you rule out a women with kids you are really limiting the dating pool. It is what it is. It's your choice guys. (and I am a Single parent who is a man. I tell the same thing to lame women who won't date me cuz I have a kid!)

Old 11-10-2011, 05:24 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,358,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttz View Post
I wonder how many of the men that say no way cuz of kids are under 40? As someone else pointed out, as you get older, your options are smaller and if you rule out a women with kids you are really limiting the dating pool. It is what it is. It's your choice guys. (and I am a Single parent who is a man. I tell the same thing to lame women who won't date me cuz I have a kid!)
Here we go again. The comment about limited options with age does not apply to every guy. But thats another argument for a different day. The one comment that I completely and outright disagree with you about, is the labeling women that refuse to date you because of your single parent status, as "LAME."

Again, those women have their reasons. You do understand that may be, just may be they are not ready for motherhood or step-motherhood? Why would you want someone that is not mentally ready to nurture a baby in your child's life? IF anything, you should be thankful for the upfront honesty and move on. Instead of trying to put your children in a horrible situation that could lead to them getting abused, mistreated or neglected by someone that didnt realize what s/he signed up for when they decided to date you. Come up with a better excuse because this one does not hold any weight. GEEZ!!!!

Old 11-10-2011, 05:55 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsavvy View Post
It's real life. Not some afterschool activity. A "real" man get's this and he knows he will come second, period. And he is ok with that.
I don't understand why just because some views are inconvenient for single mothers and limit their prospects, men who rightfully don't want to put up with getting only the crumbs from somebody's table should be labeled "not real," whatever the hell that is.

For instance, I happen to be a smoker and there are many men holding Nazi anti-smoking views in this country. Are they any less real just because I don't care for their views?

Old 11-10-2011, 06:31 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,655,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I don't understand why just because some views are inconvenient for single mothers and limit their prospects, men who rightfully don't want to put up with getting only the crumbs from somebody's table should be labeled "not real," whatever the hell that is.

For instance, I happen to be a smoker and there are many men holding Nazi anti-smoking views in this country. Are they any less real just because I don't care for their views?
Yeah true but you can always give-up smoking...kids are harder to kick(out)!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships