Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2010, 04:26 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
What about the reasons she was unhappy? The person who files for divorce isn't the only one responsible for keeping the marriage together.
The one who files has given up on working on it. Perhaps the other one isn't ready to give up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2010, 08:16 AM

622 posts, read 1,279,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
I think it makes it much easier that the kids' dad is in the picture. If the woman was very attractive and we had a lot in common, I would consider it if she only had one kid. But two, no way. I'd be quite up front and honest with her about this.

But if the woman had kid(s) and the dad was NOT around, I would not even consider it. But that has nothing to do with the OP's current situation. I think its really cool that the dad will continue to be there for the children. As a parent myself, I think its great.

See I find the exact opposite to be true. Id much much rather be serious with a woman that was a widow or had an absent ex. Maybe its just me though. Dealing with the ex is a huge pain in the a$$ usually. Its actually mt number one issue with dating moms.

Old 05-04-2010, 08:23 AM

^generally sees you as a rival or competition--no matter how long ago they split, eh?

Old 05-04-2010, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuh View Post
Sometimes I am really just shaking my head when I read here. "Won't date him/her cause of this, cause of that bla bla bla". No wonder you all can't get a date.
If you have a problem with a woman that is divorced, has kids etc., then you are not mature enough to be in a real relationship. And these women are probably better off without you guys.

And why it's a problem that mom and kids are different races is also beyond me. You date the woman and not the children. There sure is a lot of anti women sentiment on here. That is just sad.

Your not a real man becuase you would prefer not to date single moms? Are you being serious? Probably not a real man if you wont date a 400lbs woman too right? People have the right to date whoever they want. You have a right to decide whats right for you. Period! Its anti woman to want to date childless women with no baby daddy drama? Wow that makes really good sense.

Old 05-04-2010, 08:42 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
Why do women only start looking for decent men when they are divorced (or never married) with 2 kids?

I'm constantly amazed at what they will put up with until they have the kids and the reality of their situation sets in, Then they really need a decent man. However, your post seems to imply that "decent men" - if they are decent - will jump at the opportunity to marry a single mother with 2 kids. I don't buy that.
Speculating. First time around women are usually young and inexperienced in the ways of the world. As men often first fall for the hot flashy easy chick, women are attracted by a man that is exciting and fun perhaps because they have, under their parents rule, had to live the cautious life of a good little girl. At this point some women are just “in love†and are living only in the present and not thinking about long term commitments, income, mortgages, children, parenting, etc. Generally, It is not until they have children, because this is a life changing event that makes one reevaluate their priorities, that reality actually does set in.

Are men just the opposite? Im thinking of the “mid life crisis†when divorced men buy an expensive sports car and start chasing and spending all their money young hot gold diggers that treat them like crap instead of staying with the decent wife and mother of their children?

Old 05-04-2010, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onegreatnurse View Post
Thank you, Raena....if I hear one more time loser guys how they wouldn't date us single moms for real and would only date us for sex, I'm gonna puke.

What makes you think we'd have sex with you anyway???? You don't think we can tell who the players are??? You think we're all that stupid????? It's an insult to our collective intelligence....
Uh yeah cuz no single moms have ever fallen for that!! lol...

Old 05-04-2010, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
^generally sees you as a rival or competition--no matter how long ago they split, eh?
Exactly right!! And they are always in your business. They are always interacting. Sometimes arguing. Making huge decisions together. Your never the "dad". It gets old.

Old 05-04-2010, 10:18 AM

3,486 posts, read 5,684,894 times
Quote:
The one who files has given up on working on it. Perhaps the other one isn't ready to give up.
Yeah, I see what you are saying. A man who moves out and lives with his mistress isn't ready to give up; he still would like to have a back-up butler. What a catch! Why would any woman in her right mind divorce him? Or take a man who beats his wife. Of course he hasn't given up on the marriage -- a marriage where he gets to have a punching bag suits him just fine. Or take a man who molests his children. Why would he need a divorce? Of course, when one of those marriages ends up terminated, it's the woman's fault because she filed. [/end sarcasm]

Old 05-04-2010, 10:20 AM

You're the one who insists that the other party has given up trying. No, the one who files has.

And I never ever specified gender. I simply refered to one who files, and the other party.

Old 05-04-2010, 10:31 AM

3,486 posts, read 5,684,894 times
Quote:
You're the one who insists that the other party has given up trying. No, the one who files has.
No, I am the one who insists that you can't tell who gave up trying by looking at who filed. Filing is a formality. It's leaving your spouse, beating your spouse and/or mistreating your family that ruins a marriage, not filing for divorce.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships