Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 06:10 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,186,581 times

Advertisements

I was having a conversation with a guy friend of mine and we were talking about women. I told him I've dated black women, white, East Indian and Native African women. I also told him I am currently "talking" to a Hispanic gal.

He looked at with with complete Amazement. He stated he never dated anyone other than black women because he wanted to remain "true to his race". Those remarks don't surprise me, lots of whites feel the same way as well as Hispanics. No big deal there.

What blew me away was.......the gal sitting with us said I made a MOCKERY out of all of the black women in my family because I dated on the "other side if the tracks" as she put it. Needless to say I was floored by such narrow minded remarks. She said I was a disgrace to my grandmother, aunts and sister. She also said I needed to "stay on the other side".

(Little does she know, my grandfather is white so that makes all of my aunts and mother BI-RACIAL.)

What a complete idiot.

I asked her, "If you were turned down for a job on the basis of you being black, you'd raise hell and scream Racism, discrimination and anything else that came to mind. With good reason.

So why would I turn down a opportunity to date someone JUST BECAUSE they are white or of another race?"

No response.

UGH........that really F**KED up my night. She was someone that came to dinner with the guy friend I was with. She is in no way a friend of mine.

Old 04-24-2010, 06:14 AM

3,337 posts, read 7,121,439 times
Lord, these people get dumber by the minute. Your boy is a clown, no way around it. You can't help who you love, you're not supposed to. Yes, my preference is sisters but at the same time if I find love in a white woman, Dominican woman or Haitian, etc; as long as we vibe and share common goals and interests, it's good with me. Tell that woman "She's a disgrace to the human race with thinking like that." LOL at dude staying true to his race, clown

Old 04-24-2010, 06:16 AM

1,203 posts, read 1,983,216 times
Some people are just to ignorant to allow others to be happy.
I hear this all the time.
And some have had the audacity to say I must not love the women in my family.
As if one could compare a mother or sister to a girlfriend or wife.
Two totally different arenas.
I just laugh at them and usually tell them that they can donate to my 'reblackification' fund if they prefer that i stop dating outside my race.

When I get approached with the , 'why aren't you with a good black women'; I usually reply 'because someone else said yes first.'
The early bird gets the worm.

Old 04-24-2010, 06:16 AM

1,823 posts, read 1,882,017 times
Ahem .. relax man .. life is a bunch of berries .. sweet & sour .. as long as u know u're on the right track ..stay focused and dont pay heed to such comments ..love has no boundaries no bar cheers

Old 04-24-2010, 06:21 AM

NorthSJ,

Let me be clear..........he's not a close friend. He's my neighbor and we have a few things in common. When I move from the building, he's not someone I'll be keeping in touch with. He's a cool dude and we were talking and we said let's grab a bite to eat. he's a friend in the sense of him being my cool neighbor, nothing else.

Yeah, true to my own race was kind of funny.

Thanks, as always.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthsideJacksonville View Post
Lord, these people get dumber by the minute. Your boy is a clown, no way around it. You can't help who you love, you're not supposed to. Yes, my preference is sisters but at the same time if I find love in a white woman, Dominican woman or Haitian, etc; as long as we vibe and share common goals and interests, it's good with me. Tell that woman "She's a disgrace to the human race with thinking like that." LOL at dude staying true to his race, clown

Old 04-24-2010, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm24x7 View Post
Ahem .. relax man .. life is a bunch of berries .. sweet & sour .. as long as u know u're on the right track ..stay focused and dont pay heed to such comments ..love has no boundaries no bar cheers
I'm all good now. But hey, some folks are just downright idiots.

Old 04-24-2010, 06:27 AM

1,823 posts, read 1,882,017 times
Thanx for the rep Ron .. again dont think too much man .. such people eventually change when life hands them a lemon .. if u know what i mean

Old 04-24-2010, 06:27 AM

37,619 posts, read 46,006,789 times
"How is dating "outside" of my race disgracing the women in my family?"

It isn't. People have been dating outside of their own race for as long as I can remember. I can't speak for black women (since I am not one) but I suspect some view this less as being attracted to other races and more as a rejection of black women in general. And they find that personally objectionable.

My guess is it has more to do with the individual and their own history. Not your problem and nothing that I would be concerned about.

Old 04-24-2010, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm24x7 View Post
Thanx for the rep Ron .. again dont think too much man .. such people eventually change when life hands them a lemon .. if u know what i mean

Old 04-24-2010, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
"How is dating "outside" of my race disgracing the women in my family?"

It isn't. People have been dating outside of their own race for as long as I can remember. I can't speak for black women (since I am not one) but I suspect some view this less as being attracted to other races and more as a rejection of black women in general. And they find that personally objectionable.

My guess is it has more to do with the individual and their own history. Not your problem and nothing that I would be concerned about.
Chessie,

I told her exactly that- "It's you that has the problem, not me."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.