Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2010, 06:14 PM

550 posts, read 1,215,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa* View Post
P.S. please don't base your answers on my previous threads. Things have taken a bit of a turn lately and I'd just like some opinions on this current situation.. Ladies have you ever had a man do this to you? Guys, do ALL men behave like this?
Well here is how I behave;

Whenever I argue with women(mother,femlae friend, bootycalls, not girlfriends but it's because I dont have any) it always seems they're so unreasonable, and dismiss good arguments with scientific backup while leaning heavy on arguments like "it's not like that because I just don't feel it's like that" (WTF is up with that?) and when I say this out loud the fight begins...

I never started a fight...I just caused em...

I'm a straight shooter, I'm not gonna listen to someone who gets upset because I misinterpreted one of her 10 sublimal messages when she's snirling in circles around the real point of the conversation...

And what really pisses me off is when women get even more angry when I suggest the most unreasonable argument may depend on the hormonal imbalance that occurs once a month; they NEVER stop to reflect if it might be the case, but typicly turn up the heat and go berserk...way to go...

And this is why I don't listen to drama...I just shut off, and read the paper/this forum...and agree every now and then...
Besides once some women get pissed there is really no point in saying anything, because whatever you say will just bite you in the *****. might aswell let her go at it for a while and pretend like I agree when she pauses to breathe. It's usually the fastest way to make it pass aswell...

As I said, I'm never the one who starts the fight, I just cause them, it's up to the other part to get pissed off, start yelling and all that crap... I just find it useless to yell outside of the football field...
It's not something I have against women...I'd do the same i I ever had a fight with a kid or a drunk/gay guy
Guys usually take reason and arguments into account in a whole other way...

And now that you think I'm a complete prick, jerk and evil twin of Hitler...at least I give you my perspective that you asked for...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2010, 10:26 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,213,639 times
I don't think you're a prick, Niceguy, but I must say I hate this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niceguy89 View Post
And what really pisses me off is when women get even more angry when I suggest the most unreasonable argument may depend on the hormonal imbalance that occurs once a month; they NEVER stop to reflect if it might be the case, but typicly turn up the heat and go berserk

ignorant, pigheaded attitude more than anything in the world. It's like if a woman is ever angry it can only mean one thing. If I am ever angry, about anything at all, even if he knows it's something he's said/done that's caused the upset, my bf always asks if I am due. I want to strangle him just a lil bit when he says that.

Ok a lot.

Old 05-26-2010, 10:44 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,790,822 times
Quote:
Sometimes I feel as though my boyfriend only ever wants to be around me when I am happy, laughing and positive.

Whenever I am upset or angry he completely shuts down. Doesn't want to talk about it, doesn't have time for it etc etc. If I say 'we need to talk' or 'can we talk about this' he usually just rolls his eyes and walks away, or gives me his attention, but with a filthy 'just hurry up and get whatever you want to say over with' look on his face. If we have an argument before bed he just rolls over and goes to sleep, despite me telling him I don't want us to go to bed angry. I usually cry myself to sleep!

I feel like we have a lot of unresolved issues and I hold in pretty much everything when it comes to my feelings.

Aren't relationships meant to be about taking the good with the bad?

As Marilyn Monroe once said "If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best"!

P.S. please don't base your answers on my previous threads. Things have taken a bit of a turn lately and I'd just like some opinions on this current situation.. Ladies have you ever had a man do this to you? Guys, do ALL men behave like this?

It's real simple and you ladies kinda force us into this...It boils down to that old saying, "A woman is always right"...and this is true in my experience with women and I'm sure most men think this also. I have never had a woman in an argument tell me they were the one who messed up or they were wrong, so I too shut down because it ain't worth the humiliation of saying (in a retarded tone), "O-K-..I am wrong pretty lady" "You...Win....Again"....'BOMPE DOMP I is just stupid guy"

Why should anyone put up a fight or listen to some woman complain when the outcome is always the same? I would turn over and go to sleep too if I argued with a woman like the ones I knew

Old 05-26-2010, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
I have never had a woman in an argument tell me they were the one who messed up or they were wrong, so I too shut down because it ain't worth the humiliation of saying (in a retarded tone), "O-K-..I am wrong pretty lady" "You...Win....Again"....

Haha yep in this case it's ME who's always doing these things. I am always apologising, telling him he's right, giving in etc and yet he still thinks I am the one with all the drama. I can't remember the last time he apologised to me for something, or told me I was right. It's like I'm the man in this relationship - and not in a good way!

Old 05-26-2010, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Haha yep in this case it's ME who's always doing these things. I am always apologising, telling him he's right, giving in etc and yet he still thinks I am the one with all the drama. I can't remember the last time he apologised to me for something, or told me I was right. It's like I'm the man in this relationship - and not in a good way!

well you are one of the few women i know of that apologizes for "anything" in my own experience..i know there are some duechbag dudes around too

Old 05-26-2010, 10:52 PM

i think you should find a better match VaNiLlA gOrIlLa

Old 05-26-2010, 11:07 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,326,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by professorsenator View Post
What do you do when you're angry? How do you act? What type of "drama" are we talking about? Do you scream, yell, throw things, call people names, hurl insults, break things, and/or swear like mad (or anything like this)?

I suppose the question I would ask is is his "shutting down" an understandable defensive response to out-of-line behavior? Or is it, rather, a meek and indefensible attempt at avoidance?
yeah if someone is screaming yealling and throwing things I think it best for the other person to go for a walk and let the other person cool down before you deal with them. that way both sides can talk it over in a cool calm adult manor after with out saying something you or your SO might regret later on.

Old 05-26-2010, 11:12 PM

Quote:
well you are one of the few women i know of that apologizes for "anything" in my own experience..i know there are some duechbag dudes around too
I have dealt with people in my life before who didn't have "sorry" in their vocabulary and it's not much fun to be around them! I would never be one of these people, when I am in the wrong I fess up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
yeah if someone is screaming yealling and throwing things I think it best for the other person to go for a walk and let the other person cool down before you deal with them. that way both sides can talk it over in a cool calm adult manor after with out saying something you or your SO might regret later on.
No yelling or throwing here! One of the things that gets to me the most is there have been times when I have gone for a walk, sometimes for an hour or more, to clear my head and give him some space, but when I come back he STILL doesn't want to talk about it and just continues giving me the cold shoulder. That's the hard part, really. It's like we don't discuss it until HE is ready, until then I just have to put up with the discomfort and anxiety.

Old 05-26-2010, 11:20 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,326,902 times
Quote:
I have dealt with people in my life before who didn't have "sorry" in their vocabulary and it's not much fun to be around them! I would never be one of these people, when I am in the wrong I fess up.

No yelling or throwing here! One of the things that gets to me the most is there have been times when I have gone for a walk, sometimes for an hour or more, to clear my head and give him some space, but when I come back he STILL doesn't want to talk about it and just continues giving me the cold shoulder. That's the hard part, really. It's like we don't discuss it until HE is ready, until then I just have to put up with the discomfort and anxiety.
Hmm it could be he is not into talking about it and thats the way he is. but if it's not a serious relationship yet maybe he is not right for you and it might be better to find someone else that is more communicative and likes to talk things out with you being the good or the bad things.

Old 05-26-2010, 11:21 PM

5,059 posts, read 7,504,251 times
Quote:
i think you should find a better match VaNiLlA gOrIlLa
Having read all her posts in this thread now I agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships