Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 11:01 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,561,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I once heard of someone putting a bunch of marbles in their medicine cabinet and then closing the door quick because a snoop was coming over and she knew the woman would look in her cabinet.
Setting a trap for a snoop, smart women.

Old 05-26-2010, 11:15 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,108,082 times
Why are you afraid of a snoop?

I'm not afraid of snoops, I just don't like them. So, you suggest you're a snoop and rather proud of it, I suspect. I have no secrets, I'm always truthful with my wife and those I do business with. I've tried to teach my children you can always remember the truth, but sometimes can't remember the details in a lie. I've had to say in court things I didn't want to say, but later on when I came before the judge, he knew was always telling the truth, not matter what. My wife doesn't snoop in any of my stuff, computer, phones, letter files, etc. If she did, she would be gone. There is only two things I would divorce my wife for, one is snooping, the other is allowing her children to interfer with our relationship/marriage. I hate snopes, I count them as the lowest of scum. So, now, pitt you know just exactly how I feel about you. Why do you think so little of yourself? This is not a personal attack on you, I'm not calling you a snoop, I'm just trying to tell you how some people might feel about snoops.

Old 05-27-2010, 07:35 AM

Its an obsessive disorder of sorts, a never ending search for something to come up with nothing, but that doesn't satisfy there qwests to find the "truth", its as if they're unable to stop. Nothing gains their trust and in their minds can completely rationalize why they continue. Anyone who needs to constantly investigate, has no clue what it feels like to be on the receiving end. I get an uneasy feeling about these ppl, I lived with one, and escalated to more invasive "snooping".

Anyone who does this on a continual basis, needs to either get out of their relationship or seek some counseling, maybe both.

Old 05-27-2010, 07:52 AM

44,359 posts, read 20,066,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
Just as I wouldnt have a relationship with a woman who continuously bounces checks, I wouldnt have a relationship with a snoop. Both those activities tell me something about her. And what it tells me is not good.
What the Captain said. If you feel the need to snoop on your partner or friend, then you have trust issues and the relationship is doomed. There is no excuse for snooping. Be up front if you have a legitimate concern, and ask your partner what is going on. If you don't feel you can trust him or her, then why are you still with that person?

Old 05-27-2010, 08:12 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,785,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
Just as I wouldnt have a relationship with a woman who continuously bounces checks, I wouldnt have a relationship with a snoop. Both those activities tell me something about her. And what it tells me is not good.
Sounds like my soon to be ex. Sorry she had the trust issues. She was the one who continued, who was so selfish, and the chronic cheater. And she had the audacity to snoop on me?

If there is a reason for distrust fine, I get that and by all means. But a witch hunt, or idle curiosity is plain disrespectful.

Old 05-27-2010, 08:15 AM

44,359 posts, read 20,066,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Sounds like my soon to be ex. Sorry she had the trust issues. She was the one who continued, who was so selfish, and the chronic cheater. And she had the audacity to snoop on me?

If there is a reason for distrust fine, I get that and by all means. But a witch hunt, or idle curiosity is plain disrespectful.
You tell 'em, SD!

Old 05-27-2010, 08:42 AM

2,178 posts, read 9,578,995 times
I never did snoop and strongly resent snoopers. My Mom use to have a saying "it'll ALL come out in the wash one day"... meaning if you are hiding something, it WILL come out someday.

Old 05-27-2010, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura707 View Post
I never did snoop and strongly resent snoopers. My Mom use to have a saying "it'll ALL come out in the wash one day"... meaning if you are hiding something, it WILL come out someday.
Snoopers have a hard time grasping this, I've posted this before and a firm believer you find out more by accident, then purposely searching.

Old 05-27-2010, 11:29 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,548,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
Snooping tells me the following:

1. You don't respect my boundaries.

2. You're either an inherently suspicious person or you don't trust me and don't have the maturity to present your concerns to me.

3. You have a problem with patience and impulse control: You want information now, now, NOW, instead of taking your time and getting to know me over the natural course of a relationship.

4. You want to be in control of the relationship and have an "advantage" by knowing more about me than I do about you.

5. You have too much time on your hands and need to get a hobby--or a life.
Bravo. I'll add 6. You probably have a guilty conscience and something to hide yourself.

No one is entitled to know anything about me that I am not willing to share. And people who do this typically come with a lot of baggage and drama. I'll pass.

Old 05-27-2010, 11:34 AM

470 posts, read 1,155,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
What is the big fear? What are you afraid of sharing?
Not afraid...
Just annoyed.
Want to snoop?
Snoop on your next boyfriend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships