Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 08:33 PM

645 posts, read 1,452,121 times

Advertisements

but, I don't know if I want to get married to him because he is way to flirtatious around me. He is extremly too friendly towards every female who happens to come around us. He is always in there face, I really think that he enjoys female attention. I dont really like this about him, but he has always been this way. Also, there is one female in particular who I know that likes him, and she sent him a facebook request twice and rejected her both times beacuse that is what he told me. However we saw her out in public and he tried to walk ahead of me like we weren't together, I mean what is that about? This same female, everytime we happen to see her out somewhere, he acts funny when she is around. He told me that she likes him, but I don't know what to think. I don't want to marry a man who can't seem to act like a real man when certain women come around, it is such a turn off.

Anyone been through something like this? Would you still marry someone like this? What say you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2010, 08:36 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesprecious09 View Post
but, I don't know if I want to get married to him because he is way to flirtatious around me. He is extremly too friendly towards every female who happens to come around us. He is always in there face, I really think that he enjoys female attention. I dont really like this about him, but he has always been this way. Also, there is one female in particular who I know that likes him, and she sent him a facebook request twice and rejected her both times beacuse that is what he told me. However we saw her out in public and he tried to walk ahead of me like we weren't together, I mean what is that about? This same female, everytime we happen to see her out somewhere, he acts funny when she is around. He told me that she likes him, but I don't know what to think. I don't want to marry a man who can't seem to act like a real man when certain women come around, it is such a turn off.

Anyone been through something like this? Would you still marry someone like this? What say you?
Nope, there is friendly and a manwh***.

Old 05-31-2010, 08:37 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,859,732 times
when reading this i couldnt help but think the liking was as much on his side as this other womans. I may be off base. but we see our traits in others.

Who knows he may be the best thing since sliced bread but I suspect your reservations are real and I'd trust my instints. Good luck. either way it will be a learning experience.

Old 05-31-2010, 08:40 PM

2,788 posts, read 5,092,366 times
Quote:

I see heart-ache coming along if you marry this man...

Old 05-31-2010, 08:40 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,269,059 times
Quote:
but, I don't know if I want to get married to him because
That you don't know is enough for me to advise you not to. Doesn't matter why. Your gut is talking. Listen to it.

Old 05-31-2010, 08:43 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:

You are obviously too young to even think about marriage. You both sound like you're still in high school.

Take your time - when it's right you won't even be asking questions like this.

Old 05-31-2010, 08:43 PM

5,024 posts, read 8,894,428 times
Please do not do this to yourself.

Old 05-31-2010, 08:44 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,666,259 times
If a man is proud to be around you, then he will show it!
Old flings....I would think that he would draw you closer, not walk farther away... Yikes!
I think he still has issues with this ex...he needs to deal with this problem, before marriage! You don`t need it!

Old 05-31-2010, 08:51 PM

418 posts, read 1,382,100 times
If it bothers you then no, I wouldnt marry him because he won't change.
My SO is a HUGE flirt, but he does make it a point when I am with him that the women know he is taken. It doesnt really bother me. We actually joke about it.
I also have a good girlfriend who is a HUGE flirt and her SO knows it. She is up front with every guy she is with that this is who she is. She won't cheat but loves to flirt.

Old 05-31-2010, 08:52 PM

645 posts, read 1,452,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
You are obviously too young to even think about marriage. You both sound like you're still in high school.

Take your time - when it's right you won't even be asking questions like this.
what makes u think I'm still in High school, I"m a grown woman 29 years old, at what age do u think some people stop acting immature????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships