Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 01:21 PM

3,684 posts, read 11,820,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
I think that makes you a tight-wad with an iron fist that feels bad after administering punishment!!

Does that fit, irishmom??
Ha-Ha! I know the giving was low because I really don't give much to the church...I'm too busy giving to Animal Rescue, St. Jude's Children's Hospital and the Homeless....then after my shopping addiction (which I think I lost points for as well ) I don't have anything left for the church...LOL

The iron fist is so not me (well my husband may disagree ), but I do feel bad after punishing the kids...I just don't show them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2007, 01:23 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,525,709 times
Here's my three top scores mercy 23....wisdom and pastor tied at 20..Had to laugh, because some of you know that my former church restricted women from speaking out in church and held us in subjection..Little did they know that blue was really a "WISE ole' PREACHER ,full of Mercy" ^This is so much fun

Old 06-21-2007, 01:30 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,894,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom View Post
Ha-Ha! I know the giving was low because I really don't give much to the church...I'm too busy giving to Animal Rescue, St. Jude's Children's Hospital and the Homeless....then after my shopping addiction (which I think I lost points for as well ) I don't have anything left for the church...LOL

The iron fist is so not me (well my husband may disagree ), but I do feel bad after punishing the kids...I just don't show them.
Well, I may not have folks agree with me on this but in my opinion the things you do for the Homeless, the Children's Hospital and (possibly) even the Animal Rescue count as your 'Christian' giving. We seem to be caught up that it has to be for a church or specific ministry and I think anything you give to help others is looked favorably upon the Lord. Maybe even more so if you don't get the tax consideration at the end of the year, since that would be even more sacrificial.

And I bet your husband would disagree about you not having an iron fist!! haha. You know I''m just kiddin' and that I love ya, irishmom!

Old 06-21-2007, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Well, I may not have folks agree with me on this but in my opinion the things you do for the Homeless, the Children's Hospital and (possibly) even the Animal Rescue count as your 'Christian' giving. We seem to be caught up that it has to be for a church or specific ministry and I think anything you give to help others is looked favorably upon the Lord. Maybe even more so if you don't get the tax consideration at the end of the year, since that would be even more sacrificial.

And I bet your husband would disagree about you not having an iron fist!! haha. You know I''m just kiddin' and that I love ya, irishmom!
I think that too, giving is giving....but I answered the test as if the giving was to the church...so I'm a cheapie in that area...LOL

My husband would disagree with lots of stuff...especially the shopping addiction! But in my defense I don't buy stuff for me, just for all my nieces, nephews and kids....but hubby doesn't seem to see the difference when he gets the bills!

Old 06-21-2007, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom View Post
I think that too, giving is giving....but I answered the test as if the giving was to the church...so I'm a cheapie in that area...LOL

My husband would disagree with lots of stuff...especially the shopping addiction! But in my defense I don't buy stuff for me, just for all my nieces, nephews and kids....but hubby doesn't seem to see the difference when he gets the bills!
hehehe, well let me know if a space opens up on your list. Can I be a CDNephew (gosh that looks like a screen name here, doesn't it)? I could use some new stuff and would be happy to feed your addiction! sounds like your gift very well may be giving, actually!

Old 06-21-2007, 01:41 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,203,170 times
Quote:
Well, I may not have folks agree with me on this but in my opinion the things you do for the Homeless, the Children's Hospital and (possibly) even the Animal Rescue count as your 'Christian' giving.
I totally agree with this! It's just religious tradition (and some greedy clergymen) who insist tithes must be given church. What about the Biblical commandments to take care of the widows, the homeless, ect? Why can't this be one's tithes?

Old 06-21-2007, 01:42 PM

1,932 posts, read 4,795,029 times
Default My Results..

I'm not sure how accurate these are, or if they fit me or not, but here's my scores...

Administration/Ruling - 12
Discernment - 11
Evangelism - 9
Exhortation - 11
Faith - 18
Giving - 8
Helps/Serving/Ministering - 16
Knowledge - 8
Mercy - 13
Pastor/Teacher - 13
Teaching - 17
Wisdom - 15

Old 06-21-2007, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mams1559 View Post
I'm not sure how accurate these are, or if they fit me or not, but here's my scores...

Administration/Ruling - 12
Discernment - 11
Evangelism - 9
Exhortation - 11
Faith - 18
Giving - 8
Helps/Serving/Ministering - 16
Knowledge - 8
Mercy - 13
Pastor/Teacher - 13
Teaching - 17
Wisdom - 15
They do. I'm tellin' ya, mams, that stuff you post in the science threads is awesome.

Old 06-21-2007, 01:51 PM

3,434 posts, read 9,749,046 times
okay I give in and did the test..
Administration/Ruling - 8

Definition Use My Gift! Discernment - 17

Definition Use My Gift! Evangelism - 17

Definition Use My Gift! Exhortation - 18

Definition Use My Gift! Faith - 23

Definition Use My Gift! Giving - 9

Definition Use My Gift! Helps/Serving/Ministering - 15

Definition Use My Gift! Knowledge - 12

Definition Use My Gift! Mercy - 22

Definition Use My Gift! Pastor/Teacher - 12

Definition Use My Gift! Teaching - 17

Definition Use My Gift! Wisdom - 13
dont know if they are "right on" or not, like I said...I cheated-lol

Last edited by arguy1973; 06-21-2007 at 03:22 PM..

Old 06-21-2007, 01:54 PM

Quote:
hehehe, well let me know if a space opens up on your list. Can I be a CDNephew (gosh that looks like a screen name here, doesn't it)? I could use some new stuff and would be happy to feed your addiction! sounds like your gift very well may be giving, actually!
You'll have to join the wait list on that...I have 22 nieces and nephews and if I add any more my husband may just plotz! But yes if you don't count the church I am definitely a giver. But we all know that Catholic Church is rich so my money wouldn't make a huge difference to them anyway. But I'm terrible I don't even put out weekly offering into the donation basket I put it in the poor box...so technically I may not even give anything to the actual "church".rolleyes:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality