Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 08:01 AM

1,736 posts, read 2,106,222 times

Advertisements

This speaks to the purpose of the Bible.

I see the Bible as a tool created or written to have us seek God. Not To find God.
I see the Bible as the tree of knowledge. After all, even it says that we have no access to the tree of immortality but it does not say that we do not have access to the tree of knowledge because that is what it tries to be.
The O T is obviously and demonstrably showing itself as more of an Anti-Christ than the N T Christ that is showing itself as a complete opposite to the O T. That one is so goody goody that he becomes impossible to believe.
The O T has a God who shows absolutely no reverence fore human life and a tyrannical God who gives us a free will to only follow His rules or burn forever in hell. I see this freedom to chose not as that at all but a threat from a dictator God who will kill us at the drop of a hat. To the extreme of using genocide on us in the days of Noah. Animals and all. Definitely a God of hate. An Anti-Christ. Meanwhile, the N T shows a God of unconditional love who will not even stone a prostitute and tells us that if someone steals our coat, to also offer our shirt. Turn the other cheek and so on.
I think that we are to read the Bible, and the reason it was written as is, is to read it as the two sides of the tree of knowledge and eventually follow Eve, then Adam to be as God’s, knowing good and evil. The only requirement that the Bible shows to be as Gods. No miracle working or other such foolishness involved. Miracles are not real.
The demonstrable fact that it is a consolidation of many previous religions shows that it was intended to be the next best guess of the ancients as to direction of thinking in our seeking God. It is a thinking tool to seek God. It is not a picture of God and God is not to be found within it’s pages. The Bible even tells us that to find God we are to look --- out there.
Unfortunately, literalists and fundamentals, be they Christian or Muslim or whoever venerates the Word, have formed the belief that it is God’s actual words and now idol worship the map to God instead of walking through it to go find the real God.
You might say that the great deceiver has indeed deceived the whole world and turned the search for the ideal God, an evolving God, into one made of paper. Pure idol worship to my mind.
End time prophesy clearly shows that at the end of days, we will recognize this fact that these Word and Bibles are just a map and we will look to all the false Gods that arise and elect ourselves a new God and bring on the end of woes. It shows a violent transition to this new God but I hope that we are bright enough to get there without the conflict that the ancients though would have to occur before our great election of the new God.
If we are bright enough, we will let the Words and Bibles fight through us with words only and we will not take up the weapons of war that the ancients though would need to happen.
If we want the true God of this earth, it is to us to elect Him.
Our first God was a man and our last shall be as well.
Is the Bible the tree of knowledge? If it is then we do have a map of sorts. A best guess, to find God.

Regards
DL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2010, 09:22 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,025,387 times
I agree yet I disagree.

The bible is supposed to be a guide book to find the God within us all. It's is fallible as it was written by men. It contains stories about the authors, be they written by them or someone else. Their ideas and emotional responses to life is only part of the guidance. We take what rings true to our own soul condition and leave the rest. Each of us are at our own spot on the journey through this life so we will all never agree on all of what is written within the book. Our journeys are our own. Guidance come from within as well when we take what is written and ponder it with our own experiences. What rings true for one will not always ring true for another.

In the NT, Jesus gave the commandments to love God and each other. If we all follow those two commandments, we should all live in a peacful world. He also gave us the key to immortality and that is what I disagree on. He brought it to us and only those who have eyes to see and ears to hear will take His advice to that immortality. Everyone else will be left out of the Celestial Heavens and they cannot blame God in the end when it's their own choice. However, they will be in a heaven and not wallowing in a world of darkness for eternity.

Old 07-06-2010, 09:28 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,607,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
The O T is obviously and demonstrably showing itself as more of an Anti-Christ than the N T
Possibly just a silly reaction on my part when I read that, but do you think the fact that the OT (a term that Jewish people don't use, for the record) was written a long time before Jesus of Nazareth ever walked upon the Earth might possibly invalidate that argument?

In other words: it does not "demonstrably" show itself to be any such thing, because it wasn't written in competition with the so-called NT.

Old 07-06-2010, 09:34 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,236,103 times
Quote:
This speaks to the purpose of the Bible.

I see the Bible as a tool created or written to have us seek God. Not To find God.
I see the Bible as the tree of knowledge. After all, even it says that we have no access to the tree of immortality but it does not say that we do not have access to the tree of knowledge because that is what it tries to be.
The O T is obviously and demonstrably showing itself as more of an Anti-Christ than the N T Christ that is showing itself as a complete opposite to the O T. That one is so goody goody that he becomes impossible to believe.

I do not agree with that statement.
According to the OT there are things mentioned in it, that define God, and as helpers of God, we grow together when we do the greator Good for all living things God made Good.
In that the first instruction which is in Genesis, is not only for our own benefit, But for God's aswell.

If God made humankind...then it is wise to say..either there was no humans before his/her/it's making it, or that humans were before God and died in the soil...and God brought them back.
But as it does say God and the others made Humankind out of the soil or dust.
And he made them to Tend and Keep the Garden.

So in doing this simple task....in a sinless form...we come to God..or God comes to us.

Not profaning anything God made Clean or Called Good.

The Anti God, Anti Christ...Anti Eden movement is not God, nor Christ Jesus...it is those who prohibite certain plants from being sown.
It is those who make wealth more important than doing God's will, and Denie the fulfillment of God's word...Genesis 2:15

So let us stop and think about that...Jesus did not have the new testement to read...he followed the OT...and he did it all as God has asked of him.

Simple sowing and reaping...sinlessly restoring Eden.
And he went even further to help others see, hear, walk, and do the same....

The O T has a God who shows absolutely no reverence fore human life and a tyrannical God who gives us a free will to only follow His rules or burn forever in hell. I see this freedom to chose not as that at all but a threat from a dictator God who will kill us at the drop of a hat. To the extreme of using genocide on us in the days of Noah. Animals and all. Definitely a God of hate. An Anti-Christ.

A heavy hand for heavy punishment...should be for such sins and evils they were doing....

And If God has the power to reserect the dead and make life out of Dust and soil....then who is dead to God...if he wished them back to life when he chooses?

Meanwhile, the N T shows a God of unconditional love who will not even stone a prostitute and tells us that if someone steals our coat, to also offer our shirt. Turn the other cheek and so on.

Jesus Does show compassion...But he also said..."Do no more sin, and be Forgiven"

So it is not without warning the prostitutes, or the ones with stones ready to murder her...as God warns us all the time, with signs...before any event of destruction takes place.
That shows a forgiving God...all the time!

I think that we are to read the Bible, and the reason it was written as is, is to read it as the two sides of the tree of knowledge and eventually follow Eve, then Adam to be as God’s, knowing good and evil.

Could be we are to come to know Good and Evil but resist doing evil or sin, and do Good for good prospers many..sin and evil only profit the self for a short time, and cause more problems to solve for....so it starts all over again...

Jesus said "see I am making all things new."

That means God is starting over with a new model...Jesus!
And Satan has been replaced by a better and more reliable entity!

The only requirement that the Bible shows to be as Gods. No miracle working or other such foolishness involved.

It is through God's foolishness that this world will be taught a higher learning lesson of why God said what God said...and did what God did...

Miracles are not real.

Science will end up refuting that statement...if they have not already....for they look at this universe and all that is in it, and still they wonder how it all came to be this way.

The demonstrable fact that it is a consolidation of many previous religions shows that it was intended to be the next best guess of the ancients as to direction of thinking in our seeking God. It is a thinking tool to seek God. It is not a picture of God and God is not to be found within it’s pages.

Could be that God is the process of UNIONS.

"Let Us make"

So we have to define those UNIONS and understand them all..to be Like God..so we can make life abundantly.

God said tend and keep the garden...I wonder why?

The Bible even tells us that to find God we are to look --- out there.
Unfortunately, literalists and fundamentals, be they Christian or Muslim or whoever venerates the Word, have formed the belief that it is God’s actual words and now idol worship the map to God instead of walking through it to go find the real God.

The real truth about God is spirit.
If we abide in the will and word of God...then we are being or acting in God's intented estates.
It is through us, that God lives as the flesh, Doing Good service in the Garden...not omitting anything...and sharing with all things that are good that God made clean...Acts 3:21 utilizing the Givens Genesis 9:3...and not profaning any Acts 10:15.

You might say that the great deceiver has indeed deceived the whole world and turned the search for the ideal God, an evolving God, into one made of paper. Pure idol worship to my mind.

Yes one made by Human hand...be it engraven, hued, or scultpted..they then base or debase all things to that, and devalue, defile, and detract the rights to live for free under it...so that all the evils can be born under it...whilst they slaughter the innocent, the holy, and the truth is silenced also.

End time prophesy clearly shows that at the end of days, we will recognize this fact that these Word and Bibles are just a map and we will look to all the false Gods that arise and elect ourselves a new God and bring on the end of woes.

There is no new God, there is only One true God...and that God is the one of the Holy Bible....Jesus is the son of that one....

It shows a violent transition to this new God but I hope that we are bright enough to get there without the conflict that the ancients though would have to occur before our great election of the new God.
If we are bright enough, we will let the Words and Bibles fight through us with words only and we will not take up the weapons of war that the ancients though would need to happen.

It is a sin to kill another living thing if it is not for food...thus the commandments so speaks for all life "Thou shall not Murder or kill"...Comes into play...
SO every war is a sin..and an evil is born through sin..and it is only because they choose not to share everything that the wars come to be!

If we want the true God of this earth, it is to us to elect Him.
Our first God was a man and our last shall be as well.
Is the Bible the tree of knowledge? If it is then we do have a map of sorts. A best guess, to find God.

Sorry God does not need to be elected by anyone!...That is why he is always God, and will always be God.

In the Bible there is wisdom and knowledge of some accountings of God.
I would imagine some it not all of it is relivant to our future.

If we read it right, and solve for the mystery..we come to know God through scriputures...and prayer..and doing...for Jesus said those who do the will of my Father, shall enter paradise!

Obviously those who don't won't.

And that is now the paradox of this world called Earth...turning it into a Garbage bin and toxic waste sight...only proves the ANTI GOD ideal is ramped in the IDOLIC world of blind, deaf and dumb Humans!

But God's foolishness is greator than human intelligence, Because he foretold, he forewarns, and he points it out.

"WOE TO THEM WHO HARM THE EARTH"

Wonder I do who wrote that way before any scientists or garbage piles, or toxic swill ,was deployed by the industrial madness, and idolic stupidity.

Regards
DL

So after reading that....I feel it in my best interest to keep both the old and new testements as one book...cause in some causes the one defines the other...and it also helps remove that which was added in that was put in to decieve those seeking God, By crooked people!

Last edited by Sir Les; 07-06-2010 at 09:49 AM..

Old 07-06-2010, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
I agree yet I disagree.

The bible is supposed to be a guide book to find the God within us all. It's is fallible as it was written by men. It contains stories about the authors, be they written by them or someone else. Their ideas and emotional responses to life is only part of the guidance. We take what rings true to our own soul condition and leave the rest. Each of us are at our own spot on the journey through this life so we will all never agree on all of what is written within the book. Our journeys are our own. Guidance come from within as well when we take what is written and ponder it with our own experiences. What rings true for one will not always ring true for another.

In the NT, Jesus gave the commandments to love God and each other. If we all follow those two commandments, we should all live in a peacful world. He also gave us the key to immortality and that is what I disagree on. He brought it to us and only those who have eyes to see and ears to hear will take His advice to that immortality. Everyone else will be left out of the Celestial Heavens and they cannot blame God in the end when it's their own choice. However, they will be in a heaven and not wallowing in a world of darkness for eternity.
Moderator cut: personal insult

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF6I5VSZVqc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZM3FXlLMug

Moderator cut: personal attack

If God is to love us all then no one is left behind. god would have it no other way.

Regards
DL

Last edited by Miss Blue; 07-06-2010 at 12:00 PM.. Reason: please attack the idea, not the person

Old 07-06-2010, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Possibly just a silly reaction on my part when I read that, but do you think the fact that the OT (a term that Jewish people don't use, for the record) was written a long time before Jesus of Nazareth ever walked upon the Earth might possibly invalidate that argument?

In other words: it does not "demonstrably" show itself to be any such thing, because it wasn't written in competition with the so-called NT.
You might note that the O T was never read literally by the Jews and that much of it does not agree with the older documentation. I E. The Jews considered Satan to be God's Loyal opposition and not a true enemy.
Read Job to confirm this.

We have to accept the O T as is in the Bible as that is what it was designed for.
That is why the Bible itself tells us not to change or add to it.

BTW, there is no proof of Jesus and much of scripture was hotly debated for and against for the first 300 years of it's conception.

If those closer to the action, so to speak, could not decide on thing way back then, how in hell are we supposed to decide today?

I prefer to think that no God in His right mind would genocide our ass and call it justice or murder those of Sodom.

Regards
DL

Old 07-06-2010, 11:16 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,025,387 times
Quote:
Moderator cut: edit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF6I5VSZVqc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZM3FXlLMug

Moderator cut: edit

If God is to love us all then no one is left behind. god would have it no other way.

Regards
DL
Moderator cut: part of quoted post was deleted God leaves no one behind, we do that to ourselves. God will still love us no matter what choices we make. If we spend our time no loving another, He will still love us. If we spend our time demeaning another just because we disagree with their viewpoint, God will still love us. Its humans who have the issues with each other and it is only up to us if we want to see God or not. God has no say in the matter as He gave us free will and will never take that away.

There are two heavens. Natural love heavens and the Celestial Heavens. The heaven I was referring to is the Celestial Heavens in which few will enter. Most will go to the natural love heavens until they realize the mistake they made and can then "go for the gold" if it's not closed by then. Otherwise, they will spend eternity, or at least until the Celestial Heavens reopen, in the natural love heavens.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 07-06-2010 at 12:07 PM.. Reason: personal insults to you were deleted from quoted post

Old 07-06-2010, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
Moderator cut: part of quoted post was deleted God leaves no one behind, we do that to ourselves. God will still love us no matter what choices we make. If we spend our time no loving another, He will still love us. If we spend our time demeaning another just because we disagree with their viewpoint, God will still love us. Its humans who have the issues with each other and it is only up to us if we want to see God or not. God has no say in the matter as He gave us free will and will never take that away.

There are two heavens. Natural love heavens and the Celestial Heavens. The heaven I was referring to is the Celestial Heavens in which few will enter. Most will go to the natural love heavens until they realize the mistake they made and can then "go for the gold" if it's not closed by then. Otherwise, they will spend eternity, or at least until the Celestial Heavens reopen, in the natural love heavens.
Thanks for the dogma.

Regards
DL
Attached Thumbnails
This speaks to the purpose of the Bible.-bsflag.gif  

Old 07-08-2010, 11:48 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,236,103 times
Quote:
You might note that the O T was never read literally by the Jews and that much of it does not agree with the older documentation. I E. The Jews considered Satan to be God's Loyal opposition and not a true enemy.

We have to accept the O T as is in the Bible as that is what it was designed for.
That is why the Bible itself tells us not to change or add to it.

BTW, there is no proof of Jesus and much of scripture was hotly debated for and against for the first 300 years of it's conception.

If those closer to the action, so to speak, could not decide on thing way back then, how in hell are we supposed to decide today?

I prefer to think that no God in His right mind would genocide our ass and call it justice or murder those of Sodom.

Regards
DL
Why?....It is not that God is going to commit genocide on those who are in error...he just won't help them solve their problems they cause/create with their stupidity!
Their blood is on their own heads!....as I see it...the sicknesses and blood tainting, cancers, and infections that come with the error of their ways will soon show the rewards they recieve.

And when peace finally comes? to this world...and everyone takes charge of their own lives , and solidifies the family estates under God properly...under God, and Christ Jesus...And the IDOL is Destroyed...No more children will be born in error or a detramental entity to others, with plague.
This also rings true for the sexually Lude and rude!

So the end is near...or atleast it is coming more clear...so we all can hear...what we should hold dear...the Truth and nothing but the truth!
No need to kill em...they end up killing themselves!......or they stop doing what God said not to do....Because it is blatantly in error and causing all kinds of problems for the others!

And now we have Jesus...saying let them be...so we can see what is causing the error in them...Same thing he kick out of his fathers house a long time ago...Still in use?...YEP!...the root of all evils!
Mathew 6:24
And let us recount the Rod before the cattle...making them striped and spotted, and or plain.

"Let the dead burry the dead!"...Oh look the dead now walk amoung us...with HIV and AIDS....

Gotta be very careful these days...Very careful!...And that does not mean putting on protection and Continuing to do the same error...it means to stop doing it completely!
For the greator Good of God to come upon all living things!

Purity, Holiness, righteousness, glory, valour, harmony with all living things, and Love of all living things God made Good!

Tend and keep the Garden...Is this not what God made us for...?

Now take a good look at the planet Earths natural eco systems....they are being depleted and defiled by human stupidity with that Engravened IDOL God said not to have before him....Wonder why People do the opposite of what God said?

Because God is real...and if we take that truth..and try to hide it...eventually it will come back and bite us all in the A$$....or confront us in the spirit, or in the flesh face to face...or we get more woe and wrath....it is not God doing it...it is those who continually SIN and Do EVIL....They cause it with their own negitive energy!

Cause and Effect. Noted.

Last edited by Sir Les; 07-08-2010 at 12:12 PM..

Old 07-08-2010, 01:33 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,607,468 times
Quote:
The Jews considered Satan to be God's Loyal opposition and not a true enemy.
The word (and it is a word, NOT a name) 'Satan' means 'adversary.' It is not specified as to exactly who or what this being was. In fact, it's quite possible that the use of the word 'Satan' in different books of the Bible refers to different people, according to the story being related. Therefore it has always been open to interpretation. Or wild imagination, as the case may be. And the Book of Job is not meant to be taken literally, no matter how many times you read it.

Regards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality