Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2010, 09:49 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
1. One of Southern California's most influential gay institution has launched a controversial ad campaign that describes HIV as a "gay disease."

Gay Institution Calls HIV A 'Gay Disease' - cbs2.com (http://cbs2.com/local/gay.disease.HIV.2.522458.html - broken link)

2. Study: Gay men spreading AIDS at alarming rate.

Study: Gay men spreading AIDS at alarming rate - South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

3. AIDS Virus Spreads Rapidly Among Gay & Bisexual Men in Asia

AIDS Virus Spreads Rapidly Among Gay & Bisexual Men in Asia

4. UNPROTECTED SEXUAL CONGRESS AMONG GAYS IS SPREADING HIV/AIDS IN ASIA

Unprotected sexual congress among gays is spreading HIV/AIDS in Asia | The India Post
So, here's the thing. I don't think you actually read any of these articles. You might have tried to use them for your anti-gay agenda - but these articles are not anti-gay. The reason in the first article for them calling it a gay disease is because they were trying to reach a target group. In the second article - it clearly states that the data is probably skewed because they only gathered info from gay bars and the like. I could go on and on but the point is that you can find articles to back up any agenda on the internet. When you start thinking with your brain and your heart - you might come to some different conclusions. You can think you are right - but you are not. You can think you aren't prejudiced - but you are. You can keep putting up articles but the fact of the matter is - you will never prove your point because your point is not valid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2010, 09:54 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,969,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
So, here's the thing. I don't think you actually read any of these articles. You might have tried to use them for your anti-gay agenda - but these articles are not anti-gay. The reason in the first article for them calling it a gay disease is because they were trying to reach a target group. In the second article - it clearly states that the data is probably skewed because they only gathered info from gay bars and the like. I could go on and on but the point is that you can find articles to back up any agenda on the internet. When you start thinking with your brain and your heart - you might come to some different conclusions. You can think you are right - but you are not. You can think you aren't prejudiced - but you are. You can keep putting up articles but the fact of the matter is - you will never prove your point because your point is not valid.

Prove to us they only gather info from gay bars. Talk is cheap. If you can't back up your statements with real facts. Please don't waste our time here.

Study: Gay men spreading AIDS at alarming rate

Old 08-14-2010, 09:57 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
you have quoted scripture so it is hardly fair of you to demand that posters to not do the same.
as to using the bible to justify homosexuality, it would indeed take a very good lawyer to use the bible to prove that christianity supports any form of sexual behavior, in that christianity, in its original form, is an eastern monastic practice (jewish sect albeheit unpopular) rooted, like all monastic practice, in rejecting all sexuality.

Old 08-14-2010, 10:16 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,381,370 times
Quote:
Talk is cheap. If you can't back up your statements with real facts. Please don't waste our time here.
You've proved nothing except that you are prejudiced against gay people and seem to like trolling the net for any opinion piece you can use to support your prejudice whether it's based on any real facts or not.

...And that you like to quote irrelevant out-of-context bible verses that have nothing to do with homosexuality.

Old 08-14-2010, 10:33 AM

33,536 posts, read 37,132,711 times
Quote:
Prove to us they only gather info from gay bars. Talk is cheap. If you can't back up your statements with real facts. Please don't waste our time here.

What you say is true. Gay and bisexual men are still the group with the highest infection rate in the US, but what has that to do with the bible? You are still just trying to justify your bigotry, now with selected news stories.

Women account for nearly half of all adults living with HIV/AIDS worldwide.

It is not a gay disease...It is a HUMAN disease.

An estimated 1.5 million people are living with HIV/AIDS in Eastern Europe and Central Asia, a 66% increase since 2001. Injection drug use remains the primary route of transmission in this region.

There are 2.1 million children living with HIV/AIDS worldwide.

Old 08-14-2010, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
you have quoted scripture so it is hardly fair of you to demand that posters to not do the same.
as to using the bible to justify homosexuality, it would indeed take a very good lawyer to use the bible to prove that christianity supports any form of sexual behavior, in that christianity, in its original form, is an eastern monastic practice (jewish sect albeheit unpopular) rooted, like all monastic practice, in rejecting all sexuality.

I have posted case studies. The claim that those who did the studies only got their information from gay bars did not come from quoted scriptures? And Scripture does not reject sexual behaviour between a man and a woman who are married. It does reject such behaviour between a man and another man.

Old 08-14-2010, 10:44 AM

7,725 posts, read 12,618,642 times
Quote:
I have posted case studies. The claim that those who did the studies only got their information from gay bars did not come from quoted scriptures? And Scripture does not reject sexual behaviour between a man and a woman who are married. It does reject such behaviour between a man and another man.
Or woman with woman. Because lesbians are not exempt either.

Old 08-14-2010, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
What you say is true. Gay and bisexual men are still the group with the highest infection rate in the US, but what has that to do with the bible? You are still just trying to justify your bigotry, now with selected news stories.

Women account for nearly half of all adults living with HIV/AIDS worldwide.

An estimated 1.5 million people are living with HIV/AIDS in Eastern Europe and Central Asia, a 66% increase since 2001. Injection drug use remains the primary route of transmission in this region.

There are 2.1 million children living with HIV/AIDS worldwide.

In many cases, the woman got the disease from her male lover who was sleeping with other men. And if leading gays are now telling us it is a gay disease, then you must be living in denial. Reports and studies from all over the world are telling you, that the disease is being spread by gay men who often are sleeping with numerous other men. You can soft soap this as much as you want, but facts are facts. Of course it is a HUMAN disease. Yet this dose not remove the fact that this disease is being spread by gay men. And yes, it is also being spread by injection drugs. Yet the topic is on the new covenant and homosexuality. There are so many other things I could adress here. Yet I am trying to deal with one topic at a time.

Old 08-14-2010, 11:23 AM

9,930 posts, read 13,924,609 times
Although I've read them, I don't follow the scriptures. I follow my own mind, heart and soul. But you do Campbell, so why is it that you repeatedly ignore the parts that specifically condemn the judgment of others?

Old 08-14-2010, 11:23 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
Quote:

This is a quote from the article you posted.

Government analysts acknowledged the data could be flawed: The men were recruited only at dance clubs, bars, city shopping centers and gay-and-lesbian community centers, so the true rates for all young gay and bisexual men could be higher or lower.

Like I said - there is no point in talking to you. I'm a peaceful, kind, tolerant person. If I thought there was any point in talking to you - I would continue to do so. I was merely trying to point out the flaws in your own "evidence." I leave you to your bigotry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality