Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2010, 09:08 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,971,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantalust View Post
So then, it follows that "god" created Adolph Hitler, Nazi Germany and the Holocaust to fulfill his "prophecy".

Nice job!

6 million senseless murders. Sounds about right for your hallucinogenic, freaky monster-god.

God gives man free will to be as freaky as man wants to be. Don't blame God for men who both hate Him, and oppose Him. And don't blame God for His ability to know the future. And don't blame God for the spread of AIDs. When man opposes God, he often brings evil on himself. And then people often blame God for mans evil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2010, 09:14 AM

478 posts, read 773,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Leading your son off to kindergarten is one thing. Supporting your son as he gives the finger to God is something else again. And that is what gay people are doing, espically when gay people symbolically tell God we don't care about your commands, or your Book. If Patti was truly a devout Christian, she would support her son, but point out the error of his way.
Doing as you described is in not supporting your child. It is condemnation and complete lack of compassion and understanding, and on a very deep level that you are still not understanding. Which is that being gay is NOT an action or behaviour, it is WHO A PERSON IS. And I can't for the life of me understand how even strict adherence to the bible can cloud one's intellect and sense of logic to such a degree that it isn't completely obvious that one's sexual preference isn't a choice. It's far too strong of a natural urge for anyone to deviate from it for any reason. Would You, Campbell34, be able to, at will, just decide at the drop of a hat that you want to be intimate with a man? Assuming you are straight and attracted to women as viscerally as most men are- of course not. And nor would anyone else, for any reason.

I would honestly hope that regarding child rearing, that you would make sure your child knows that he or she is exactly the way he/she was made to be, and everything that makes them unique, special, and perhaps different is a gift from god. And if you do otherwise then I'm sorry, but it is you who is giving the finger to god.

Old 08-15-2010, 09:15 AM

5,536 posts, read 7,111,240 times
Quote:
And I will repeat again, it is the wisdom of the Scriptures that is ending the AIDs Battle in Uganda.
I wonder how the "wisdom of the scriptures" has affected all the young boys who were infected with AIDS after being raped by homosexual priests?

Old 08-15-2010, 09:18 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,384,541 times
Quote:
Often such web sites do not reveal the full story for such a victory over AIDS, as we see in Uganda. And that is because they are not as unbias as you claim. So it is often better to go to the horses mouth, then some Organization that is there to put their poltical spin on it. It is the church, and the Uganda government that is pushing Abstinence.

"Uganda is one of the countries that attach great importance on promoting abstinence among our youth, said Ahmed Ssenyomo, minister counselor at the Ugandan Embassy, in a speech to the African American Youth Conference on Abstinence.
See Sanspeur's post - from the 'horse's mouth"

I think you got the wrong end of the horse.

Old 08-15-2010, 09:22 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,384,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helios666 View Post
Doing as you described is in not supporting your child. It is condemnation and complete lack of compassion and understanding, and on a very deep level that you are still not understanding. Which is that being gay is NOT an action or behaviour, it is WHO A PERSON IS. And I can't for the life of me understand how even strict adherence to the bible can cloud one's intellect and sense of logic to such a degree that it isn't completely obvious that one's sexual preference isn't a choice. It's far too strong of a natural urge for anyone to deviate from it for any reason. Would You, Campbell34, be able to, at will, just decide at the drop of a hat that you want to be intimate with a man? Assuming you are straight and attracted to women as viscerally as most men are- of course not. And nor would anyone else, for any reason.

I would honestly hope that regarding child rearing, that you would make sure your child knows that he or she is exactly the way he/she was made to be, and everything that makes them unique, special, and perhaps different is a gift from god. And if you do otherwise then I'm sorry, but it is you who is giving the finger to god.
Speaking of giving the finger....I wanted to use the first picture in this google image search.

jesus disagrees - Google Search

But I didn't want to offend those Christians who actually try to follow Jesus Christ and the two greatest commandments. Unlike Campbell.

Old 08-15-2010, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
I'd rep you again if I could.

That myth you mentioned that having sex with a virgin would cure HIV apparently had men raping little girls and babies.

HIV is on the upswing again in Uganda since the US Christian Fundys have got involved in Uganda promoting ONLY "Abstinance only" and spreading misinformation about condom use.
Christian Fundys?

In 1993 the nation of Uganda elected Yoweri Museveni as its President. Museveni just happens to be one of those Christian Fundys, and he asked both church leaders, and educators in a conference to teach the values of abstinence and monogamy. The results have been dramatic. Ten years later, the new incidence of AIDS in Uganda has dropped by 66%. I dare you, show us any other country in Africa that can make that claim. It was an "Abstinance only policy that has brought such a dramatic slow down in the Aids infection. Not comdom use.

About Uganda

Old 08-15-2010, 09:31 AM

33,544 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
God gives man free will to be as freaky as man wants to be. Don't blame God for men who both hate Him, and oppose Him. And don't blame God for His ability to know the future. And don't blame God for the spread of AIDs. When man opposes God, he often brings evil on himself. And then people often blame God for mans evil.
I am certainly not blaming God.....Actually I hold people like you in a large part responsible for spreading AIDS and other STDS and killing thousands. How can you even look in the mirror, and where is your conscience? In my opinion people like you are guilty of murder, and if I had anything to say about it, would be held accountable.

Old 08-15-2010, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I am certainly not blaming God.....Actually I hold people like you in a large part responsible for spreading AIDS and other STDS and killing thousands. How can you even look in the mirror, and where is your conscience? In my opinion people like you are guilty of murder, and if I had anything to say about it, would be held accountable.

It is freaks that oppose God that have brought about the deaths of so many. Not Christians. And when Uganda elected Yoweri Museveni as their president, who is also a Christian. He had both the schools, and the churchs push the Biblical view of abstinence. Over the next ten years, the infection rate from Aids was reduce by 66%. Those other countries who still push comdoms are still dealing with increased Aids infections. Only a person deep in their denial, could ignore these kinds of facts. And the ones who should be held accountable, are people who ignore such facts.

Old 08-15-2010, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantalust View Post
I wonder how the "wisdom of the scriptures" has affected all the young boys who were infected with AIDS after being raped by homosexual priests?

Homosexual priests, are just non Christians whereing priests clothing. Jesus tells us we would know true Christians by their works. Priest that rape boys, are not Christians. They are men that deceive, and they deceive themselves. And in the end, they will receive their just reward.

Old 08-15-2010, 09:59 AM

5,536 posts, read 7,111,240 times
Quote:
Jesus tells us we would know true Christians by their works.
Then his father must be burning in hell, as he was described in your bible as being a coprophiliac and baby murderer.

Or maybe god's not a christian.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality