Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2010, 05:15 PM

33,585 posts, read 37,221,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
This reminds me of something. If christians are going to say that those with AIDS and other STDs are not true christians, then atheists can say that a professed atheist with AIDs or some other STD are, in actuality, not true atheists.
I think not...Atheists do not have to lie to defend their godless non belief.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2010, 05:52 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,024,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I think not...Atheists do not have to lie to defend their godless non belief.
Good point.

Old 08-14-2010, 05:59 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,949,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
Aren't you forgetting, a horny heterosexual will turn gay one night, have random unprotected sex, then get the disease, turn straight again then give it to their partner.

That's how the anti gays will respond. What's interesting is that there's been some talk on here of trying to find 'strategies' to keep homosexuals celibate because sodomy and fornication are the world's great evils(again the anti gay belief) but there are many heterosexuals whom engage in premarital, anal and oral sex. Mind you responsible sex, in any form will highly decrease, if not nearly eliminate, one's chances of contracting the disease. Interesting that posters like Nikk and Campbell talk about how it's because people aren't following the bible, yet most atheists, agnostics and other non christians aren't promiscuous and don't have an STD.
Those on here that oppose homosexuality are really just flipping crap in a futile attempt to try and 'justify' their prejudices.
how do you know that most atheists agnostics and anyone who isnt christian is not promiscuous?

Old 08-14-2010, 06:01 PM

33,585 posts, read 37,221,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaada View Post
how do you know that most atheists agnostics and anyone who isnt christian is not promiscuous?
Some of us are, but we are smart enough to use condoms...Being single ya gotta get it when ya can...

Old 08-14-2010, 06:18 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,417,993 times
I recently posted a thread on the subject of Lutheran and Episcopal churches that now bless gay marriage and also allow their priests\ bishops to be in gay marriages. Doing a little research, I discovered that there are a growing number of Christian churches accepting the notion that God does not create abominations, that gays are children of God like everyone else. I think the trend toward full acceptance of gays is occurring across Christianity.

Old 08-14-2010, 09:16 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,219,594 times
Quote:
for the record and before i state my opinion- i do not hate you or homosexuals period. so now with that said: i agree love is the answer and respect but you know what i find offensive is the fact that no one and i mean NO ONE can have a different opinion or even dare have the right to oppose what you believe and that is so hypocrital and bias its not even funny.you want rights well so do we. and straight people have the right to their opinion period just as you do but no one will allow it on here its either your with us or get flamed. i say respect because you know how offensive you are to some christians for saying that our god made you that way? no your god maybe made you that way but thats not the way most christians believe so why should we give respect and be tollerant of your behavior but your not of ours?? another thing how dare you say that christians are to blame for gay teen suicide? that is some bs if i have ever heard it. i am native american and guess what? we have the highest suicide rate amongst anyone, and i suppose since i assume your white, that i can say all whites are to blame for this right? give me a break! i would also like to know what does "we are mostly a product of your marriages mean?" that we are responsible for your being gay too?? do any of you know who you are calling down when you disgrace straight people? your own parents! hello they made you! without them you wouldnt be here. you said it all in the last sentence why dont we get along, this is why, neither side is respectful neither side is tollerant and both sides want to play the blame game thats why.
i know my opinion will be met with nothing but flame as a straight person i am not entitled to mine, but i didnt expect anything less!
So... you don't hate homosexuals? Um... okay. Here's the thing - you have a right to your opinion. You have a right to think your God didn't create homosexuals. You have a right to think it's wrong. You have the right to be offended by anyone and everyone. You have the right to your own feelings. However - you do not have the right to take away the rights of other because of you feelings. You can be as intolerant and hate filled in your own mind. But prejudice should not be written into the law. It will always exist in peoples' minds but it shouldn't be allowed to be written into law.

Old 08-14-2010, 09:21 PM

for the record and before i state my opinion- i do not hate you or homosexuals period. so now with that said: i agree love is the answer and respect but you know what i find offensive is the fact that no one and i mean NO ONE can have a different opinion or even dare have the right to oppose what you believe and that is so hypocrital and bias its not even funny.you want rights well so do we. and straight people have the right to their opinion period just as you do but no one will allow it on here its either your with us or get flamed. i say respect because you know how offensive you are to some christians for saying that our god made you that way? no your god maybe made you that way but thats not the way most christians believe so why should we give respect and be tollerant of your behavior but your not of ours?? another thing how dare you say that christians are to blame for gay teen suicide? i am native american and guess what? we have the highest suicide rate amongst anyone, and i suppose since i assume your white, that i can say all whites are to blame for this right? no. i know the catholic church all too well i do know how they have treated minorites and yeah it was/is horrible, nothing excuses how badly people have been treated because of religion, but not all religion is bad.
i would also like to know what does "we are mostly a product of your marriages mean?" that we are responsible for your being gay too?? do any of you know who you are calling down when you disgrace straight people? your own parents! hello they made you! without them you wouldnt be here. you said it all in the last sentence why dont we get along, this is why, neither side is respectful neither side is tollerant and both sides want to play the blame game thats why.
i know my opinion will be met with nothing but flame as a straight person i am not entitled to mine, but i didnt expect anything less!

Old 08-14-2010, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
So... you don't hate homosexuals? Um... okay. Here's the thing - you have a right to your opinion. You have a right to think your God didn't create homosexuals. You have a right to think it's wrong. You have the right to be offended by anyone and everyone. You have the right to your own feelings. However - you do not have the right to take away the rights of other because of you feelings. You can be as intolerant and hate filled in your own mind. But prejudice should not be written into the law. It will always exist in peoples' minds but it shouldn't be allowed to be written into law.
just as i thought, see that is what you dont get just because i believe different that you doesnt mean i am prejudice toward you. i am not taking anyones rights away! please explain how i personally am taking your rights away? i do nothing to no one dont care how you live your life just dont push your beliefs on me and mine and i wont on you. you respect me i respect you

Old 08-14-2010, 09:38 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,219,594 times
Quote:
just as i thought, see that is what you dont get just because i believe different that you doesnt mean i am prejudice toward you. i am not taking anyones rights away! please explain how i personally am taking your rights away? i do nothing to no one dont care how you live your life just dont push your beliefs on me and mine and i wont on you. you respect me i respect you
Well, first of all - I didn't think that you were prejudiced towards me. Maybe you are - do you hate half Japanese half Jewish singers who are straight? I mean - you wouldn't be the first person to be prejudiced against me but I didn't see anything in your post to say that you were...
The whole gay thing is only an issue because of gay marriage. Gays want equal rights - which they should have. If they didn't - then I'm sure the church wouldn't care about it except to try to "convert" people to being straight. I don't see how Gays are "pushing" their beliefs on anyone. They want equal rights and they want to be treated with respect. Nobody is trying to force anyone to be gay. They just want to live in peace.

Old 08-14-2010, 09:45 PM

63,993 posts, read 40,277,921 times
Default We have NO BUSINESS trying to enforce what God wants, period!

I am so sick and tired of the barbaric idea that we humans have a responsibility to ENFORCE God's desires on our fellow beings!! That is the exact OPPOSITE of what God desires. God desires SELF-CONTROL . . . NOT imposed dictatorships. What God wants God will deal with . . . NOT US!!! We are in charge of what we as a society need and agree upon, PERIOD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality