Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe in any God?
Yes 40 36.70%
No 69 63.30%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 10:56 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,673,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullback32 View Post
Hehe...one of the most absurd statements in the bible.

Deuteronomy 14:11-18

11 Of all clean birds ye shall eat. 12 But these are they of which ye shall not eat: the eagle, and the ossifrage, and the ospray, 13 And the glede, and the kite, and the vulture after his kind, 14 And every raven after his kind, 15 And the owl, and the night hawk, and the cuckow, and the hawk after his kind, 16 The little owl, and the great owl, and the swan, 17 And the pelican, and the gier eagle, and the cormorant, 18 And the stork, and the heron after her kind, and the lapwing, and the bat.

Apparently Unibrows are a good thing though:

14:1 Ye are the children of the LORD your God: ye shall not cut yourselves, [u]nor make any baldness between your eyes[/U] for the dead.

Great so we can add my waxing and shaving to the sin list! I am doomed for hell. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2010, 10:58 AM

409 posts, read 399,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
I don't see how wiping out the world is a higher thought, it is a easy way out. The fact believers cant see the evil and makes excuses for it astonishes me. Was the sin of eating the apple enough to punish everyone over and over? I didn't ask to be born, so why should I pay for some naked dude in a gardens dumb choice?
How would that be the easy way out? Wouldn't just killing those involved be the easy way out? Would have ended that right then and there but someone else would have challenged Gods right to rule.

That naked dude or Satan didn't care what would happen to you. They were just concerned with themselves.

Old 07-16-2010, 11:16 AM

2,958 posts, read 2,561,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avasa View Post
How would that be the easy way out? Wouldn't just killing those involved be the easy way out? Would have ended that right then and there but someone else would have challenged Gods right to rule.

That naked dude or Satan didn't care what would happen to you. They were just concerned with themselves.
SATAN...

I can't believe that after all these thousands of years that wildcat MF with red hot skin is still an issue.

Old 07-16-2010, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin.George View Post
SATAN...LMAO!

I can't believe that after all these thousands of years that wildcat MF with red hot skin is still an issue.
That's the way he likes it too. He doesn't want people to blame him. He hates God, he wants us to blame God.

Old 07-16-2010, 11:30 AM

Quote:
That's the way he likes it too. He doesn't want people to blame him. He hates God, he wants us to blame God.
LOL...we knew you were inside his head. I've heard country preachers on their soap boxes trying to convince people that they were born in sin and had to choose between Jesus and Satan most of my life. I think they've somehow gotten their stuff so mixed up that they should be in a mental institution somewhere with all the others like them. Thats what I think.

Old 07-16-2010, 11:36 AM

33,548 posts, read 37,151,051 times
Avasa, according to the bible.... Who has killed more people overall, God or Satan?

Who is the bigger sinner, YOU or the God of the Bible? If your answer is you, then explain what you've done that's worse than killing millions of people.

Old 07-16-2010, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Avasa, according to the bible.... Who has killed more people overall, God or Satan?

Who is the bigger sinner, YOU or the God of the Bible? If your answer is you, then explain what you've done that's worse than killing millions of people.
The most recent god related war activity is Iraq. George W. Bush said he prayed for weeks before the invasion and god told him to do it. Conservative estimates are that 150,000 innocents were killed as collaterals during the war and more than 2 million fled from their homes to Syria and Jordon after the suicide bombings began.

Old 07-16-2010, 11:49 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,738,332 times
Quote:
Jesus bought back what Adam lost.
Then why are we still all sinners? Of course there is still doctrinally 'original sin'. Faith in Jesus' resurrection is supposedly a way out but it has not in any way 'brought back' the situation that obtained before Adam's reputed fall.

I find it hard to understand how believers can airily make palapably innacurate claims about what God or Jesus have or have not done or said or want. I will say it again - if I really believed I would not dare to do that.

Old 07-16-2010, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin.George View Post
LOL...we knew you were inside his head. I've heard country preachers on their soap boxes trying to convince people that they were born in sin and had to choose between Jesus and Satan most of my life. I think they've somehow gotten their stuff so mixed up that they should be in a mental institution somewhere with all the others like them. Thats what I think.
Adam died, Satan is still very much alive.

Old 07-16-2010, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post

Satan has. Satan knew what would happen if Adam disobeyed God, he didn't care. Sin was passed down because of that. God cares about us and warns us, if we don't listen, how is he to blame?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality