Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe in any God?
Yes 40 36.70%
No 69 63.30%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 01:50 PM

409 posts, read 399,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Yep, Noah failed, and God punished everyone for it. nice guy you follow there.
I didn't say Noah failed. The ones that failed are the ones begging to get on that ark after the door was closed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2010, 01:52 PM

2,332 posts, read 2,840,083 times
Yes, mood-wide, any god: the God of the electric company, the God of trusting love, the God of ignoring school for deciding a weekend sojourn in the country; the God of getting cured in the hospital; the God of security for the elevator company, the God of the global warming...

and so forth.

Old 07-16-2010, 01:52 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,672,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avasa View Post
I didn't say Noah failed. The ones that failed are the ones begging to get on that ark after the door was closed.
Noah failed, he was human. He didnt get to everyone to preach the word. He shouldn't have been saved, he failed. How can they get to the ark if they are across the world and have no idea what is up?

Old 07-16-2010, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Again you are making assumptions based on no knowledge. I grew up with this crap, thankfully my family figured it out and I didnt suffer long.
And now you have no hope of living forever. Or at least you won't, if you continue to ignore God. I hope you don't.

Old 07-16-2010, 01:56 PM

2,958 posts, read 2,561,004 times
Quote:
And now you have no hope of living forever. Or at least you won't, if you continue to ignore God. I hope you don't.
I'm surprised you didn't offer to pray for us. I've had numerous Christians, some of them my close friends to say, "I'll Pray For You."

Little did they know I don't want them saying a word about me or my welfare to their good buddy.

Old 07-16-2010, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Well there is no such thing, so I am not too worried about it. Besides I dont want to follow a god that treats people the way he does, or punishes them for not worshiping him but is a good person.

Old 07-16-2010, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Noah failed, he was human. He didnt get to everyone to preach the word. He shouldn't have been saved, he failed. How can they get to the ark if they are across the world and have no idea what is up?
God talked directly with Noah, Noah couldn't have failed.

Old 07-16-2010, 02:00 PM

Quote:
God talked directly with Noah, Noah couldn't have failed.
Well he did. People in Japan had no knowledge of the bible and neither did the American Natives or many many many other places. SO if it was Noahs job to spread the word , HE FAILED and so did God for not seeing that.

Old 07-16-2010, 02:11 PM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times
you notice there is still no answer to why satan is still such an adversary if god is more powerful.
Sounds like satan is basically ruling the world......maybe it was given to him for a toy.
Or maybe god is just out to lunch.
If the world took a symbolic 7 days to make the world, maybe lunch is going to take a symbolic 3 hours.(a few million years)

Old 07-16-2010, 02:15 PM

229 posts, read 332,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Agree entirely!! All this nonsense about 'it's not gods fault' is absolute tripe. If Frankenstein created the monster and the monster turns bad, the responsibility lies with Frankenstein. Yet Frankenstein has the excuse that he didn't know that the monster would turn out bad. That excuse can't be used by the Christian god as he did know...and knew fully before he even started...that the creation would fall to pieces. Yet he went ahead anyway. How then is it not his fault??
Agreed, it's like Jerry Springer, starting something controversial, knowing it would erupt into madness, and standing back with glee and watch it all unfold

Quote:
I am tired of the whole " god didnt make it happen, he is not responsible satan is junk. Your GOD is 100% responsible for it, HE made the rules, HE had 100% power to change things to punish only those that did the crimes, not the whole of the world. So I put the blame 100% on him.

And you still haven't answered my questions,
Would you kill your kid for a sin? Would you punish all your kids ( and their kids and their kids and so on) for the sin of one? Do you love your kids unconditionally?
Agreed

Quote:
Their God set the rules. He didn't have to punish all born form then on for the sin of eating an apple ( lol is that the best the writers could come up with?) He didn't have to commit genocide to punish the sinners. I dont see that as fair or loving. I see it as sadistic and evil. It was his doing and his fault, and it continues to be as people suffer for no reason without his help.Yet the excuse him. I dont know if it is being blind and not wanting to see it or brainwashed.
Yes, we are all screwed before we have even started, yet we are to blame, even although we never chose to be a part of it

Quote:
That's the way he likes it too. He doesn't want people to blame him. He hates God, he wants us to blame God.
But who started the whole thing, it sure wasn't us that stated the rules, or chose to play now, was it

Quote:
Satan has. Satan knew what would happen if Adam disobeyed God, he didn't care. Sin was passed down because of that. God cares about us and warns us, if we don't listen, how is he to blame?
If he cared, he would not blame us for something which isn't our fault or that we have no control over, WE DID NOT STATE THE RULES OF THIS GAME/NIGHTMARE

Quote:
There is no place of eternal torment.

We are all sinners.

I have hope of living forever, you don't want that priviledge it seems. I'm happy knowing about it myself.
So do you believe in annihilation then, if not then you are LYING and there is indeed a place of eternal torment, and for the record not living forever is like music to my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
How is god going to stop the bad? Could it be the same way christians think he did the last time, by killing all but a few?...No thanks, you can keep your vindictive god.
Belief in the bible and the koran have caused more strife in this world than all the despots combined, so you can keep your bible too.

Every post you make increases my disdain for religion...
I couldn't agree more, even the religious can't even agree with one another, yet they expect us to come running and joining in their ranks with open arms

For the record I voted yes on this poll, I do believe there is something out there, I only hope it's not the vindictive deity portrayed by many on here, christian or otherwise
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality