Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 03:25 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
That is the most unintelligible, overworked piece of writing I've ever observed, and I have no idea what you were trying to convey. Is it possible you were writing "in tongues"?
(Sorry . . . misattributed your post to me ). . . I was writing for the disingenuous atheists/agnostics who claim all the inexplicable (but undeniable) evidence of "Godliness" and assign it to their God "Nature."

I absolutely agree about the OP!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2010, 05:49 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,224,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
If you think that MysticPhD's post is hard to follow you might want to read yours again. In any event, it comes down to one thing. Belief. Either you do or you don't. When you break it down to the basics it's really quite simple.
I'm sorry I quoted the wrong post .Frankly neither makes sense.

Old 07-15-2010, 11:17 PM

13,809 posts, read 26,561,880 times
Disappointing, it looks like it's just someone quoting the Qur'an and being a tad incomprehensible.

I think the main ones I've heard are

*The six constants mentioned by atheist Martin Rees. To explain why they are what they are he had to use some thing with multiple Universes, which is possibly not any more proven or provable than God. Brian Greene in his book on string theory seemed to imply they are inevitable due to some mathematics of the strings, a bit better, but I don't think he had much that could be empirically tested. (He mostly just talked about "it's so beautiful, it must be true" which I could respect on a religious level but not as science)

*The universality and persistence of supernatural beliefs: Not all cultures had a high God or personal God, but all have some supernatural ideas. These have declined in scientifically literate countries but by and large have not died even there. (I believe even the Czechs still have some group of Catholics doing stuff at Mendel's monastery) Granted this tells us more on the supernatural than God.

*Unexplained events involving some kind of God.

*Atheists tending to demographically collapse as an element. Exempting France and Iceland most of the highly atheistic societies are going into demographic decline as atheists tend to have low fertility. The atheist norm being two children or less, even in France it's barely at replacement and for all I know that might be in part due to Muslims. Granted this doesn't tell us there is a God, but it might tell us believing in God is better in a natural selection sense.

*Humility and gratitude. If there is no God there is no one to be thankful to and humanity can define anything as they see fit, in essence making themselves into God.

Stuff like that. Granted most of that's non-specific to any single religion so maybe not fun for anyone.

Old 07-15-2010, 11:19 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,919,537 times
Default "Engage!".... one's mind.

The trouble with those pesky "disingenuous atheistic viewpoints" is that, in general they 1) make logical sense, 2) are increasingly proven to be factually true, and finally, 3) need no additional imaginary and fantastic componentry to stand alone in their utility and value.

Q: If one has to have a general overall (let's call it a "universal") theory for their spiritual existence, but all of it's key elements (whether spiritual, physical, measurable or theoretical) are increasingly more easily and believably explained by alternate, simpler and predictable events within "nature", what then of the spiritualists' Universal Theory?

A: It's acquired the functional status of "unnecessary, outdated or imaginary."

But in the immortal words of of Jeane-Luke Picard: "Kling On!"

Old 07-16-2010, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
The trouble with those pesky "disingenuous atheistic viewpoints" is that, in general they 1) make logical sense, 2) are increasingly proven to be factually true, and finally, 3) need no additional imaginary and fantastic componentry to stand alone in their utility and value.

Q: If one has to have a general overall (let's call it a "universal") theory for their spiritual existence, but all of it's key elements (whether spiritual, physical, measurable or theoretical) are increasingly more easily and believably explained by alternate, simpler and predictable events within "nature", what then of the spiritualists' Universal Theory?

A: It's acquired the functional status of "unnecessary, outdated or imaginary."

But in the immortal words of of Jeane-Luke Picard: "Kling On!"
Rifleman . . there is NO DIFFERENCE between attributing all the "God-like" (but unknown and unknowable) attributes of our Reality to your "Nature" and attributing them to God . . . (except for your abhorrence and distaste for all the ADDITIONAL BELIEFS the religious attach to the label God!!!) Get over it! You don't get to dismiss God as unknown AND non-existent at the same time . . . especially when you can NOT explain the Godlike attributes of your "Nature."

Old 07-16-2010, 07:55 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times
What are the 'additional' beliefs attached to your god, Mystic?
Are there any 'requirements' such as fealty, recognition, behaviors, etc?
Any consequences for any actions, behaviors such as being denied an afterlife?
I am aware the question can be skirted by not including every thing but I have little doubt you know what I am asking

Old 07-16-2010, 08:33 AM

4,904 posts, read 6,016,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I do wish you "We don't know" advocates would stop usurping the evidence that you CANNOT claim as supporting your "No God" views and denying it to the "God exists" and is ALL that DOES exist, crowds. The lack of objectivity is off-putting.
You're only 'evidence' is that you meditated and had a personal experience which you claim is god.

Old 07-16-2010, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
What are the 'additional' beliefs attached to your god, Mystic?
Are there any 'requirements' such as fealty, recognition, behaviors, etc?
Any consequences for any actions, behaviors such as being denied an afterlife?
I am aware the question can be skirted by not including every thing but I have little doubt you know what I am asking
Yes . . . I do, old_cold. MY beliefs are entirely grounded in the reality of what you call "Nature" . . . except they are attributed to consciousness as the universal field establishing that reality. All that exists is vibratory energy in myriad forms as it aggregates into "frequency traffic jams" with spherical standing wave "permanence" that we experience as "material substances." But there is no material substance . . . just spherical standing wave patterns of vibratory energies (molecular, atomic, sub-atomic, etc.). This is why they will not find the "God particle" (Higgs Boson) . . . it is a perfect fluid (as hinted at by early collider results).

Our consciousnesses, then, are vibratory composites in pure energy form that can either resonate with or be dissonant with the God consciousness that establishes our reality. As we see all around us . . . when things are dissonant . . . they must resolve into some harmonic eventually. The processes that exist to accomplish this will differ . . . and since we ARE conscious . . . we will experience those differences. This suggests that it would be a good idea to know what they are and how we can affect the outcomes.

Fortunately, if our reality is established by God's consciousness (and I personally KNOW it is) . . . there must be a "built-in template" to the evolution of our spiritual understanding (as there is to our physical) that can be discerned in the "spiritual fossil records" of our attempts to understand. There is . . . and I believe I have found it. In my best estimation (only) . . . the Christ legend is the fulfillment of the template revealed in the myriad other earlier versions in the "spiritual fossil record." This discernment was achieved by removing all the historical, archeological and other "worldly" concerns and issues with the legends and myths and treating them as purely cognitive structures attempting to understand the purpose of our unique consciousness. YMMV . . . THAT is why they remain BELIEFS!!!

As for the requirements of fealty, etc., etc. . . . the underlying "standing wave frequency" of God consciousness is experienced by us as agape love. A human consciousness had to achieve perfect resonance (IDENTITY) with that "frequency." I believe Jesus did that . . . establishing a permanent connection to God consciousness in the collective human consciousness. Our requirement is to emulate that accomplishment . . . but if we fail to do so . . . at least achieve some harmonic resonance with the agape love Jesus displayed so completely.

Last edited by MysticPhD; 07-16-2010 at 09:05 AM..

Old 07-16-2010, 08:49 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,584,802 times
Thumbs down you're unclear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanady View Post
The biggest and the greatest evidence of the existence of God???

One of the greatest facts and postponed the mushrooms and minds the fact that the existence of God Almighty, this fact agreed minds to recognize it - though denied by some of Al wrongfully and arrogantly -, it is far from clear, not detract from the suspicions, and the like do not rise to suspicion.

In all his verse indicates that one

The variety of signs of the existence of God from the conscience of his nature, to all atoms of the universe, everyone saw and recognized that the Lord of this universe and premeditated and God and Creator. The first of these directories guide instinct, and we mean what Allah gave to human life of faith by the Almighty, has said the Holy Quran to this directory, he said: (thy face upright for religion Aftrt that God created mankind does not change God's creation is religion, but most people do not know) (Roman: 30), and this directory will remain in the survival of the human soul of man himself in the universe, and covered the charges, and received his desires, but it soon appears in the cases of serenity and exposure masks. In fact, many examples show the emergence of instinct as a factor in changing the human life from atheism to faith, and misguidance to guidance, the same is an atheist See death under the waves of the sea, emerged as the reality of faith, to speak on his tongue that is no god but God, when God saved the safest and a good Muslim .

Another was talking about the plane tumbling passengers, Vtaataly votes faith of them and they were by the people of atheism and Kafr were recorded God this phenomenon in the holy book in more than one verse, which says: (When distress seizes you at sea, astray ye but when He Njaquem to the ungrateful and the man was ungrateful) (Isra: 67). This is evidence of common sense a lot of power and prestige so that he can not pay or dispute defended its excellence.

There is evidence of another equally powerful and important guide instinct, which he called "the scholars to this occurrence, to the effect of this evidence would have to be every creature by the Creator, a fact acknowledged by everyone of sound mind, this is the Bedouin when asked about the existence of God said a naturally sound: Barp show on the back, and the effect indicates that passed this way towers, and the land of saddles, not to show the Mighty expert. Well what things the inference of what he liked from the logic of the statement.

Other examples that demonstrate this fact, which is narrated that one of the scientists asked him some atheists that parallels the existence of God, and set a date, delayed the world from them, and was behind on purpose, But when he came and asked him about the reason behind said: You have interfered with the advent of Here the river, I did not find what brings me to you, but it did not take long until the ship came, the walk is led by the leader, or controlled by the microcontroller, shouted by the atheists what do you say, man?! Said to them: You Onkertm to be the creator of this universe, and did not believe that the ship is not a leader, have acknowledged and recognized.

Have pointed out the Qur'an to this directory in many places, the Almighty said: (they created of nothing, or were they themselves () or created the heavens and the earth but do not believe) (Tur :35-36) are the two possibilities only two but recognize His existence and faith . The first possibility: that this will be the creation without a Creator, and this is impossible denied minds It is essential for the Creator and the creature made of the maker, Valadm does not create. The second possibility: that they are the ones who created themselves and they create the heavens and the earth, and this is impossible as well since no one has claimed that he created himself as well as the heavens and the earth, even claimed that a prosecutor to accused of insanity and delirium, as the saying goes, leaving only to have the universe Creator, and the second are, this guide has been strongest in the statement so when he heard Jabir bin restaurant said: "My heart almost to fly," as shown by al-Bukhaari. This is some evidence of the existence Glory, which ponders the evidence and has given careful consideration can not but be recognized.

http://www.famecast.com/uploads/fan_avatars/186000/186238_320_277.jpg (broken link)

Old 07-16-2010, 09:36 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Yes . . . I do, old_cold. MY beliefs are entirely grounded in the reality of what you call "Nature" . . . except they are attributed to consciousness as the universal field establishing that reality. All that exists is vibratory energy in myriad forms as it aggregates into "frequency traffic jams" with spherical standing wave "permanence" that we experience as "material substances." But there is no material substance . . . just spherical standing wave patterns of vibratory energies (molecular, atomic, sub-atomic, etc.). This is why they will not find the "God particle" (Higgs Boson) . . . it is a perfect fluid (as hinted at by early collider results).

Our consciousnesses, then, are vibratory composites in pure energy form that can either resonate with or be dissonant with the God consciousness that establishes our reality. As we see all around us . . . when things are dissonant . . . they must resolve into some harmonic eventually. The processes that exist to accomplish this will differ . . . and since we ARE conscious . . . we will experience those differences. This suggests that it would be a good idea to know what they are and how we can affect the outcomes.

Fortunately, if our reality is established by God's consciousness (and I personally KNOW it is) . . . there must be a "built-in template" to the evolution of our spiritual understanding (as there is to our physical) that can be discerned in the "spiritual fossil records" of our attempts to understand. There is . . . and I believe I have found it. In my best estimation (only) . . . the Christ legend is the fulfillment of the template revealed in the myriad other earlier versions in the "spiritual fossil record." This discernment was achieved by removing all the historical, archeological and other "worldly" concerns and issues with the legends and myths and treating them as purely cognitive structures attempting to understand the purpose of our unique consciousness. YMMV . . . THAT is why they remain BELIEFS!!!

As for the requirements of fealty, etc., etc. . . . the underlying "standing wave frequency" of God consciousness is experienced by us as agape love. A human consciousness had to achieve perfect resonance (IDENTITY) with that "frequency." I believe Jesus did that . . . establishing a permanent connection to God consciousness in the collective human consciousness. Our requirement is to emulate that accomplishment . . . but if we fail to do so . . . at least achieve some harmonic resonance with the agape love Jesus displayed so completely.
I'm taking breaks from organizing the tool/materials room so I can fit the car load in that I just brought back home.
Maybe my head needs organizing too, since the bolded underlined part is the only thing I can see that even remotely touched on my questions.

But, let's go with that.
Simplified, for us non-believers, does that equate to 'being in tune with nature' and feeling 'out of sorts' if we try to fight against it?(i.e ...trying the wear a 3 piece wool suit in 92 dgeree weather)
But even so, that does not address the questons I asked .
On another forum you even mentioned sinning in reference to what nature would only see as following sexual impulse so there must be more to it all for you than simple 'nature'
Afterlife? Fealty? Sin?Consequences?(Other than feeling discomfitted.....which may be conscience due to nothing more than upbringing)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality