Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 10:44 PM

3,684 posts, read 11,813,161 times

Advertisements

Well let's see I'm Irish Catholic...so yup a big yes to believing in prophetic dreams.

Actually I've had many starting at a very young age...I always think it's eery.

One of the most significant dreams I had was just after I was told I could never have any more children, which devastated me. I had a dream of myself, my husband and my oldest son (who was much younger than he was in the dream) and another little blonde haired brown eyed boy named Matthew. He was so cute and sweet in this dream just playing and smiling. There were other family members around so I really didn't know who the boy was. Then all of a sudden this boy ran up to me and gave me a hug and said, "I love you mommy." I then woke up.

The dream gave me a sense of peace that I couldn't find on my own. Then almost 3 years later I became pregnant. Everyone kept saying are you going to find out if it's a boy or girl...and I kept saying "it's a boy and his name is Matthew"...of course everyone thought I was nuts.

Well the dream came true, and although he is sweet and cute....the dream failed to reveal that he would be quite a challenge to say the least!...LOL But he also totally satisfied my needs for more children...once he started to walk I knew I couldn't handle anymore!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2007, 10:55 PM

1,174 posts, read 5,901,566 times
Ahh, but does he have blond hair and brown eyes and did you have any dreams after that?

PS- Are you actually in Ireland?

Old 07-11-2007, 11:04 PM

3,684 posts, read 11,813,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Els View Post
Ahh, but does he have blond hair and brown eyes and did you have any dreams after that?

PS- Are you actually in Ireland?
Oh yeah he does have blonde hair (which so did my oldest so that's not such a shock) but he also has the darkest brown eyes I've ever seen...and I have green and my husband has blue...so go figure.

Like I said I've had many others that have come true...and I can usually tell which are the ones that will come true...because I remember my dreams each night (I don't know if I remember all of them, but whatever I was dreaming about right before I wake up I remember). I did not however have any others about Matthew, that was it. I also didn't dream I was going to get pregnant so I thought I was going to adopt, just knew I was going to have another child.

No I'm a mix of second and first generation Irish on my Irish side of the family.

Old 07-12-2007, 12:24 AM

1,174 posts, read 5,901,566 times
Very cool! I love visiting Ireland. So many great people and lots and lots of old stuff. I go frequently so I was wondering.

Interesting about your son. My best friend has that combination and the girls thought he was the cutest thing under the sun. Be sure to lock him in his room once he turns into a teenager

Old 07-12-2007, 11:49 AM

2,741 posts, read 8,882,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom View Post
Well let's see I'm Irish Catholic...so yup a big yes to believing in prophetic dreams.

One of the most significant dreams I had was just after I was told I could never have any more children, which devastated me. I had a dream of myself, my husband and my oldest son (who was much younger than he was in the dream) and another little blonde haired brown eyed boy named Matthew. He was so cute and sweet in this dream just playing and smiling. There were other family members around so I really didn't know who the boy was. Then all of a sudden this boy ran up to me and gave me a hug and said, "I love you mommy." I then woke up.

The dream gave me a sense of peace that I couldn't find on my own. Then almost 3 years later I became pregnant. Everyone kept saying are you going to find out if it's a boy or girl...and I kept saying "it's a boy and his name is Matthew"...of course everyone thought I was nuts.

Well the dream came true, and although he is sweet and cute....the dream failed to reveal that he would be quite a challenge to say the least!...LOL But he also totally satisfied my needs for more children...once he started to walk I knew I couldn't handle anymore!
Irish: I just LOVE that story! I also think that God reveals things in dreams. Sometimes they are fairly plain (like yours) and need little interpretation, other times they are very symbolic. Thanks for relating that.

Bud

Old 07-12-2007, 02:43 PM

543 posts, read 1,227,772 times
Quote:
I had a prophetic dream of something so extraordinary that it couldn't have been chance. Since then, I've become extremely interested in this sort of thing.

Exiting church stands you in face of the world outside of the church. Before you is a path with two choices. To the right is, literally, the Right. To the left is perdition, literally, the Sinister.

The path of life is steep and difficult. To the right is the choice of fruitfulness, of plenty. That is the cornfield. To the left, the cliff, is the fate of the fallen (literally falling off the cliff).

You and some others take the middle road and are literally faced (the faces in the wall) with choices in life. Some will become happy, others sad, or vengeful. They will become trapped in these lives for they are lives crafted without God. In a sense, they have set themselves in stone, choosing neither Good nor Evil. They are those without spirituality. They live with masks, hiding their inner selves.

The hand of fate, the hand of God, though, forces you to choose which of the two choices to make because, since you have just exited the church, you are now aware that you must choose either the cornfield or the cliff. The wall is no longer a choice for you. The people in the stone wall were never exposed to the church. They were unaware, like those who lived before Jesus, of the choices of salvation and so were not tested as your friends were. You have no excuse now to become part of the wall and couldn't even if you wanted to. Knowledge of salvation means you cannot pretend you didn't see it.

In my opinion, the dream sets before you the choice to either accept the cornfield or the cliff. You were horrified by the fate of those in the stone and rejected that fate. Now that you know the way of God exists, your path has been set before you and you must choose which way to turn to avoid the wall.
Wow, pretty heavy J. Sounds correct though. Makes a lot of sense.

Old 07-12-2007, 02:46 PM

543 posts, read 1,227,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreameyes View Post
I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not?
A good thing. I have always believed that when I get goosebumps like that, it is the Spirit affirming the truth.

Old 07-12-2007, 04:51 PM

194 posts, read 1,028,219 times
Quote:
A great way to tell what the dream may mean is to tell me what you think it means. You're likely to have a better idea than I. Has anything I've written corresponded to what was in your dream?

Yes it did . It makes a lot of sense. I'm still praying about it, but I think it has to do with the second church I used to attend. I'm very happy that I finally found the way to God. It's the best.

@Irish: Your story is AWESOME.

Old 03-08-2008, 11:30 AM

1 posts, read 1,927 times
Default Prophetic dream?

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom View Post

I am quite impressed of your prophetic dream...recently I also had a remarkable dream. Six months ago me and the man that I deeply love decided not to see each other anymore, since he had to sort out his inner problems and clear out his emotional life. I showed him my love but respected the fact that we had to take a distance...It was hard but I managed very well, and thus not contacting him at all, allowing me to realise that I could love someone without being dependent from him... so I could it let go..the amazing thing was/is that I see his name everywhere all the time...which made me to pray for him every day so that he can become lifely again and find God and the right path in life...Beginning of February I felt that he was doing very badly,after several restless nights, I could not bear anymore and prayed yo god to increase my faith and trust that He was also looking after my friend and protecting him...I fell asleep very peacefully and then dreamt something very ice. I was in a kind of adventure park with my parents and brother and sisters and their children,...all of a sudden my friend popped up and then disappeared again...All of a sudden he reappeared this time with strength and confidence, he took my hand, kissed me tenderly and took me along saying, no it is to us, let's go for it...afterwards I felt such a peace, which I had not before end felt asleep again very deeply...Could it be a prophetic dream from God?

Old 04-16-2008, 01:11 PM

205 posts, read 374,454 times
god shows me dreams,also....many dreams that exsposed hidden sin in unfaithful people....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality