Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2012, 05:19 AM

26,017 posts, read 22,209,069 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC122 View Post
ugh,not quite,God gave us freewill.So things like sexual perversion (and adultery, and all other sins,while we're at it) WILL occur,but it's all at our own level of fault,not God's.
An example:
video - Brent

It all comes down to not being accountable for our actions and that is SO popular today. I am firm believer in freewill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2012, 07:07 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,087,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeerose00 View Post
Richard the fact that you view a gay person in a loving relationship on the same level as the criminals you mentioned is proof of your hatred. Please stop saying otherwise.

I think this is an excellent question, Rafius and I've asked this of family or friends who skewer me over my acceptance of homosexuals. Their response comes down to, "If God wanted me to play for the other team, I would." Suuure. Thank God I was born hetero because I cannot imagine dealing with the sh*t gay people have to deal with on a regular basis. It's sad. And the funny thing is, in my experiences, the more hate a person has for gay people, the more screwed up and dysfunctional their own life is. I've seen it over and over. People unhappily married, having affairs, neglectful parents, pill poppers, just overall basket cases with their own lives. But they carve out a little time each day to hate the queers, bless their hearts.

Since I'm assuming you are serious I'll answer. Do you think that maybe, just maybe he was so miserable as a gay person because of people like you? I'm going out on a limb here.

And if he was able to change his sexual orientation, and not just his behavior, but actually switch from being attracted to men to being attracted to women, then so? good for him? What is the point of this anecdote. Bob in Philly switched teams gay people of the world. You can too!
Sorry, I don't buy it. His wife has some big time blinders on. I can't imagine marrying a guy who claimed he was no longer gay like it was a case of crabs that cleared up or something.
Well, one has to be a True Christian to understand it....What do you mean by, 'view a gay person in a loving relationship on the same level as the criminals '?...We are speaking about sins according to Yehovaw, not laws of man...
Well, the individual I spoke of genuinely conquered that particular sin through the power of Yeshua...
It does not matter with what predispositions to particular sins one was born with, it can be overcome through the power of Yeshua...There are many things that I struggled with in my life that I no longer struggle with...In fact, I now find repulsive...

Old 04-23-2012, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
'Every single man in Sodom, young and old...was gay!!' That tells me all I need to know about you.

Yeah right! Just like it says that every single man that resided in Sodom was gay huh?

Shame on you for grouping homosexuals with the above. Your man-god would be proud of you I'm sure.

Yes...well as I said earlier, people that vilify homosexuals as much as you do usually have something to hide and often, that turns out to be their own homosexual tendencies. Thanks for proving what I said.

On reflection, I don't think he hates them...he's just in denial of his own homosexual 'leanings'. I mean, he's already stated that he would be fine having sex with another man "just for the sexual thrill of it". Hell" I couldn't!!!

Me neither. If he could 'change' from being homosexual to being heterosexual then he wasn't homosexual to begin with. Sure he could get married and have kids, stop indulging in homosexual activities and put up a front of being 'straight'...but he would be no more 'straight' than an actor playing Macbeth....is Macbeth.
One has to be a Christian to understand...You are a self-avowed Atheist...And you may be 'in the closet'...I mean since you are so strongly defending homosexuality...

I am a realist in regards to the human nature, and without discipline, we are capable of anything...

So, I suppose you think it would be normal for, let's say, a man to have a loving relationship with a Ewe?...He has no attraction to either human sex, however, he has a strong attraction to animals...Would you say that, since he was born with these desires, it is 'OK' and we should support him in these love intrests that he has?...

Old 04-23-2012, 07:19 AM

Quote:
I knew a man in Wales that was married with children and living and outwardly 'normal, happy life style'. He got divorced and took up with another man in a committed homosexual relationship. Now that he is a practising homosexual, he says he is happy...and this is from a man that was in a committed heterosexual relationship...So, there goes your theory...whatever it was...
It proves that it is a choice...

Old 04-23-2012, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerby W-R View Post
What difference does it make who loves who ? We're talking about love, not hate. What really matters is how well you treat the one you love.
Well, it obviously matters to Yehovaw...

Old 04-23-2012, 07:31 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,385,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
And you may be 'in the closet'...I mean since you are so strongly defending homosexuality...
That "may be... since" does not follow at all.

For example I strongly defend women's rights and children's rights. I am neither a woman nor a child. I have also in my time done a lot of work for the homeless and people with cancer. I am not, nor have I ever been homeless or suffering from cancer.

One does not have to be of a group in order to defend it or support it strongly.

Quote:
Not in the slightest. But it does show that when people live a lie they end up unhappy and when they stop living that lie they end up happier. However anecdotes are probably not worth much from either side.

Old 04-23-2012, 07:33 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,405,847 times
This is NOT what the Biblical writers were referring to:

It's time. - YouTube

Old 04-23-2012, 07:56 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,405,847 times
Quote:
That's nonsense.

Even Alan Chambers, the President of the religious based 'ex-gay' group Exodus International, said this year:
"The majority of people that I have met, and I would say the majority meaning 99.9% of them, have not experienced a change in their orientation" .

Ironically, Alan Chambers, claimed in 2004 that he knew “tens of thousands of people who have successfully changed their sexual orientation.”

And Dr Robert Spitzer, who did a study in 2001 of carefully selected, religiously motivated "ex" gays from ex-gay ministries, has now said he wants to retract his paper. This 'study' was widely used by pray-away-the-gay ministries.

There are NO credible studies showing that people can successfully change their sexual orientation.

It proves people lie if they have enough motivation to do so, not that sexual orientation is a choice.

Last edited by Ceist; 04-23-2012 at 08:32 AM..

Old 04-23-2012, 08:20 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,880,101 times
Quote:
No it doesn't...but at least we have proved, by your own admission, that YOU have homosexual tendencies, so it might be better that you kept your mouth shut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post
Not in the slightest. But it does show that when people live a lie they end up unhappy and when they stop living that lie they end up happier.
What he said.

Old 04-23-2012, 02:42 PM

Quote:
No it doesn't...but at least we have proved, by your own admission, that YOU have homosexual tendencies, so it might be better that you kept your mouth shut.

What he said.
Lol ...yea it does
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality