Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2012, 08:42 PM

1,602 posts, read 4,160,431 times

Advertisements

I haven't read any of the comments here ....

Just a quick story: I remember growing up next to a boy that was my very first crush- he moved next door when he was 7 and I knew him all the way up to ............. NOW ! And, we're in our 40s. Although, he lives half way across the country now, we still keep in contact ....

I used to love him, but he wanted no part of it- he didn't like me, he liked, "Michael" then ... I think he always liked boys and never girls, even at 7. It's not something you can turn on and off, it's who you are- what you like, and prefer ... He's a great person and I'm happy he can be who he wants to be and not hide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2012, 08:50 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
People are not born that way, it is a sin.
You know I love ya my friend, so I hope we can just agree to disagree.

Truly, there are just some people born this way. You can even see it in them as young children.

We know homosexuality occurs in the rest of the animal kingdom, why wouldn't it happen to humans? (don't answer, that was rhetorical and not meant to start an argument )

The true sin being referred to in the Bible is promiscuity and debauchery.

Old 04-10-2012, 08:53 PM

3 posts, read 3,969 times
Whoa! Just found this today. First, you have reasoned much but with no analysis which Pennsyvanian1 is bringing up friend.

An example you bring up is about judgement. The same God who says judge not lest you be judged also says, judge righteous judgement. This is how scripture is written so we have to study it topically and fully- at least at the intellectual level. You describe people being born with DNA of evil (evil defined by scripture). The Bible says that we are born in a fallen state and are given free will. So, you are correct in the fact of our being born "evil" however, many of the BEHAVIORS you share are learned and acted on. Throughout scripture the fallen man is described as one who is drawn to rebellion to God's authority with little to no power to overcome temptations of wrong - a "slave to sin". As far as homosexuality is concerned, the Bible calls it out in three scriptures that I am aware of as sin, that partakers will not go to heaven and basically condemns it. I am aware that there are those who say it is ok but that is not what the Bible says. I believe that we are born sinners and we learn to quench our ever growing interests until they consume us. Consider the drinker now alcoholic, the drug user now junkie, etc. They are described as snares (traps) in the Bible. The problem we have is that even in churches today psycho babble has confused things that are clear Biblically. Homosexuality is a behavior, a choice. How can I say that? The Bible says so. If one chooses to live that way then they choose to live in sin and will suffer their own fate. They have that choice. Today though homosexuals want to force their perspective on others - tell them that it is ok to live that way and attack someone who does not agree. I believe what the Bible says and will not change to make someone feel good about their choice. They have the right to make that choice but I have to right as well to believe God's precept on the matter. The " born that way" is merely a modern day lie to get buy-in of those unaware of the Biblical address of the issue or from those who are completely ignorant of any scripture. You see, I said earlier that the Bible just spells out things without confusion. We are told that he made them (us) male and female. I have written this not to be argumentative but to address what I found in this thread. There is an answer to the slavery of sin and that is becoming a true believer in Jesus Christ. It is the ONLY answer. He is the ONLY founder of a following that is still alive! Also, Christianity is the only faith that is based on faith and not performance! (at least in its true form). Temptation still effects the believer but at least they have the power to overcome whether they use it is another story. He will also give you the "mind of Christ" to discern scripture and bring greater understanding to His word and to the world around you which is full of confusion - seeking in the darkness and never finding.

Old 04-10-2012, 09:14 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
If, we are born sinners, then we have no choice?

Old 04-10-2012, 09:14 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,224,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
People are not born that way, it is a sin.
Then prove it.

My brother's gay, he always has been. I've known gay's for a good portion of my life. Not a single one of them "decided" to become gay, they always knew that they were.

Like I said, prove it!

Old 04-10-2012, 09:43 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
We are all born sinners, but baptism washes away that original sin.

God has given us the gift of free will though, so we all go on to make conscious choices to sin - no man is perfect in this world (with the exception of Jesus of course)

Old 04-10-2012, 10:21 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
We are all born sinners, but baptism washes away that original sin.

God has given us the gift of free will though, so we all go on to make conscious choices to sin - no man is perfect in this world (with the exception of Jesus of course)
I do not believe in original sin, nor that we, are born sinners.
However, the point being, if a person is born the way they are, it was not through their own choice to be that way.

Old 04-11-2012, 12:33 AM

4,486 posts, read 5,224,953 times
Quote:
I do not believe in original sin, nor that we, are born sinners.
However, the point being, if a person is born the way they are, it was not through their own choice to be that way.

Old 04-11-2012, 01:14 AM

48 posts, read 46,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjhulk View Post
Everyone is saved from their flesh when they die according to the law. It says the penalty of sin is death. Once the flesh dies, the penalty has been paid in full. Our created existence remains in God until the next age of flesh for us to use.

This statement doesn't suggest reincarnation does it?

Old 04-11-2012, 06:22 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
You know I love ya my friend, so I hope we can just agree to disagree.

Truly, there are just some people born this way. You can even see it in them as young children.

We know homosexuality occurs in the rest of the animal kingdom, why wouldn't it happen to humans? (don't answer, that was rhetorical and not meant to start an argument )

The true sin being referred to in the Bible is promiscuity and debauchery.
Not so...The True Sin is rebellion against Yehovaw...Homosexuality is a Sin just as other Sins...We are born sinners...Rebellion against Yehovaw is when we do what He tells us not to do or do not do what He tells us to do...Simple as that...And He has said for mankind not to lie with mankind as with womankind...It is an abomination...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality