Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2011, 03:35 PM

33,543 posts, read 37,145,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
Maybe, you didn't to read:
That God created the light to to shine on the earth on the 1st day even before He created the stars on the 4th day. He brought their light already here to create the laws of physics, time and distance. Time had a beginning because it is bound by the paradox of where did the universe come from. In reality it exist in the eternal mind of God and manifested to us when He wanted to. It therefore has a beginning even though it appears timeless. Many of the stars are truly thousands of light years away but created only thousands of years ago. If it were done in any other way such as the stars first, then the laws of physics could not even exist because of the law of cause and effect. If one were to say matter and energy came from a singularity then where did the singularity come from and so on and on goes the question without answer. This is where the laws of physics break down. Natural science without its miracle beginnings can not explain its own beginnings because of the paradox that it is bound too. This fact alone proves something greater at work.
You can't seriously believe all that....Can you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2011, 03:37 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,672,077 times
Quote:
That God created the light to to shine on the earth on the 1st day even before He created the stars on the 4th day. He brought their light already here to create the laws of physics, time and distance. Time had a beginning because it is bound by the paradox of where did the universe come from. In reality it exist in the eternal mind of God and manifested to us when He wanted to. It therefore has a beginning even though it appears timeless. Many of the stars are truly thousands of light years away but created only thousands of years ago. If it were done in any other way such as the stars first, then the laws of physics could not even exist because of the law of cause and effect. If one were to say matter and energy came from a singularity, then where did the singularity come from and on goes the question without answer. This is where the laws of physics break down. Natural science without its miracle beginnings can not explain its own beginnings because of the paradox that it is bound too. This fact alone proves something greater at work. I can not prove all of this but I can not come up with any other explanation either and I do believe in validated science. Anyway, Eternal Life of Spirit is a reality to me because love is eternal and evident.
So he created the light before he created the stars but then brought the light from the stars here?

Old 03-22-2011, 03:57 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,776,567 times
Quote:
That God created the light to to shine on the earth on the 1st day even before He created the stars on the 4th day. He brought their light already here to create the laws of physics, time and distance. Time had a beginning because it is bound by the paradox of where did the universe come from. In reality it exist in the eternal mind of God and manifested to us when He wanted to. It therefore has a beginning even though it appears timeless. Many of the stars are truly thousands of light years away but created only thousands of years ago. If it were done in any other way such as the stars first, then the laws of physics could not even exist because of the law of cause and effect. If one were to say matter and energy came from a singularity, then where did the singularity come from and on goes the question without answer. This is where the laws of physics break down. Natural science without its miracle beginnings can not explain its own beginnings because of the paradox that it is bound too. This fact alone proves something greater at work. I can not prove all of this but I can not come up with any other explanation either and I do believe in validated science. Anyway, Eternal Life of Spirit is a reality to me because love is eternal and evident.
This makes no sense. Why does light emitted from stars need to exist before the actual stars in order for the laws of physics to exist?

Old 03-22-2011, 04:23 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,542,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
This makes no sense. Why does light emitted from stars need to exist before the actual stars in order for the laws of physics to exist?

I just couldn't think of it in any other way although I have thought of the many other ways that these type of theories go. You will have to think it over some more to follow my reasoning, right or wrong. Right now I'm too tired too go over it again. Perhaps write later. Thanks for your uncritical and interested response. Perhaps I should have said that He made the light first in order to validate [not create] the laws of physics and distance and time. But I surpose that does not make any more sense to you then what I said at the first. Maybe a better way to explain will come too me latter.

Last edited by garya123; 03-22-2011 at 04:54 PM..

Old 03-22-2011, 04:38 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,542,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
So he created the light before he created the stars but then brought the light from the stars here?
I'm saying, He condensed the time of light travel to an instant of time. This is my theory only. If you can explain creation according to traditional thought, then you are better than all the scientists combined. Like I said it is a paradox. Scientist themselves are stomped and in disagreement.

Last edited by garya123; 03-22-2011 at 04:47 PM..

Old 03-22-2011, 04:46 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,741,555 times
There is no way there is any doubt the biblical explanation of how the world was created conflicts with what scientists know is the correct order.

There is no rationalising Genesis. It is quite simply wrong. These are basics people, basics of science.

The Genesis 1 creation account conflicts with the order of events that are known to science. In Genesis, the earth is created before light and stars, birds and whales before reptiles and insects, and flowering plants before any animals. The order of events known from science is just the opposite. 1:1-2:3

God creates light and separates light from darkness, and day from night, on the first day. Yet he didn't make the light producing objects (the sun and the stars) until the fourth day (1:14-19). And how could there be "the evening and the morning" on the first day if there was no sun to mark them? 1:3-5

God spends one-sixth of his entire creative effort (the second day) working on a solid firmament. This strange structure, which God calls heaven, is intended to separate the higher waters from the lower waters. 1:6-8

Plants are made on the third day before there was a sun to drive their photosynthetic processes (1:14-19). 1:11

If the very beginning of the world is documented incorrectly how can anyone believe anything in the bible without much skepticism?

Old 03-22-2011, 04:50 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,821,652 times
Quote:
I'm saying, He condensed the time of light travel to an instant of time. This is my theory only. If you can explain creation according to traditional thought, then you are better than all the scientists combined.
This is just the old "light created in transit" explanation. However, that light, if it was created in transit, was also created with artifacts of actually having travelled that distance. So what we have is a history that is written on it that never actually happened. Do you find the implications of that tenable?

Old 03-22-2011, 04:54 PM

659 posts, read 1,102,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
If you take the first and last letters in each book of the bible you can use those letters to put together any of Dr. Zuess' books. I prefer Green Eggs and Ham.

Green Eggs and Ham
Book 1
Verse 1
Pages 1-4

Sam I am.

I am Sam.

Sam I am.

That Sam I am.
That Sam I am.
I do not like that Sam I am!

So saith Dr Zuess
Ah Ham!
Reminds me of that "activity page" from the Steve Jackson edition of the Principia Discordia:

"Rearrange the following letters to write out the long-suppressed third Testament of the Bible, which explains all the mysteries of the first two:

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ

(Hint: you may have to use some letters more than once!)

Old 03-22-2011, 04:55 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,821,652 times
Quote:
I'm saying, He condensed the time of light travel to an instant of time. This is my theory only. If you can explain creation according to traditional thought, then you are better than all the scientists combined. Like I said it is a paradox. Scientist themselves are stomped and in disagreement.
Which "scentists" are stomped, or I think you mean "stumped." The scientists that I know are not stumped, realizing that the light actually traved from the source.

Old 03-22-2011, 05:02 PM

659 posts, read 1,102,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
If the very beginning of the world is documented incorrectly how can anyone believe anything in the bible without much skepticism?
Oh, I don't know, I think that all that "love thy neighbor" and "let he who is without sin cast the first stone" stuff stands pretty well on its own, whether the world was created 7000 years ago, 4 billion years ago, last Saturday, or whenever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality