Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 12:39 AM

10,229 posts, read 16,306,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Please do not post if you cannot respond to both questions. Let's see if we can keep this thread open for more than a couple of hours.

1. Name one thing you like about Mormons or admire about their religion.
2. Name one thing you dislike about Mormons or object to concerning their religion.
One
They live a healthy lifestyle.
They are very family-oriented.
They take care of each other on many levels (and, yes, they DO donate to charitable causes outside "their own").
They are masters at self-sufficiency.

Two
I am very pro population control, so I do have issues with any religion or culture that promotes large families.
Because of their large families, many Mormon women tend to spread themselves with too many obligations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2011, 12:47 AM

51 posts, read 57,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
I'm sorry,I may not be very bright,could you again be more specific?Where in the bible does it state Joseph Smith isn't a prophet?Which beliefs exactly are contrary to the bible?It may be very straightforward and clear to you but its not to me.

In regard to 'campings message' it really isn't much different than the constant ,hysterical 'rapture any day now' threads that appear constantly from fundamentalist christians on this forum....they just don't set a specific date.Most christian groups believe Jesus will return eventually....the lds among them,but I haven't encountered many mormons that are fixated on the subject...'latter-day saints' or not
where does it say he is a prophet?

your answer is laughable..

Old 05-23-2011, 01:15 AM

and on that note, let us end this thread now. Good nite everyone.

Last edited by smilera; 05-23-2011 at 01:16 AM.. Reason: i

Old 05-23-2011, 01:43 AM

3,202 posts, read 4,435,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smilera View Post
where does it say he is a prophet?

your answer is laughable..
I never stated that the bible said joseph smith was a prophet.....you however stated that the bible said he wasn't...I merely asked where it stated that?I didn't provide an answer,I asked a question...so how could my 'answer' be laughable?

If the bible states in a straightforward a manner the things you allege it does then you should have no trouble expanding upon your previous statements and reference where it says this.....mocking me does nothing to strengthen your position.If you can't provide support for your own statements don't get mad at me.

Perhaps when you are more rested you will have time to find the information requested and return to educate me.....have a nice night.

Old 05-23-2011, 07:29 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,706,964 times
Quote:
You can't possibly be suggesting that Mormons believe Joseph Smith to be divine.
Do people pray to him?

In my belief you pray only to GOD, period. No prophets, no relatives, no saints. no relics. If I am wrong please enlighten me

Old 05-23-2011, 08:21 AM

2,108 posts, read 2,895,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Do people pray to him?

In my belief you pray only to GOD, period. No prophets, no relatives, no saints. no relics. If I am wrong please enlighten me
Mormons do not pray to Joseph Smith, nor do they pray through him.

Old 05-23-2011, 08:50 AM

you guys sound so much like the muslims...in the way they talk about muhammed. There are real similarities and I encourage mormons to talk to muslims to see that.

Old 05-23-2011, 09:02 AM

28,099 posts, read 29,981,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesmama View Post
I am very pro population control, so I do have issues with any religion or culture that promotes large families.
Because of their large families, many Mormon women tend to spread themselves with too many obligations.
I'm a proud Mormon mother of two grown children. Yup, just two!

Old 05-23-2011, 09:03 AM

28,099 posts, read 29,981,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Do people pray to him?
Absolutely not!

Quote:
We pray only to God, our Father in Heaven. And we close our prayers, "in the name of Jesus Christ."

Old 05-23-2011, 09:05 AM

49 posts, read 44,936 times
Quote:
Absolutely not!

We pray only to God, our Father in Heaven. And we close our prayers, "in the name of Jesus Christ."
Christianity is a multi-theistic religion. Father? Son? Holy Spirit?

You guys pray to multiple gods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality