Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 10:31 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,221,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radrook View Post
Because of all the defenses that homsexuals use that's the one that does them the most harm and the one that I find most offensive. Leave our Lord Jesus Christ out of it!

BTW
I didn't write the Bible and its view on homosdexuality so your gripe isn't with me it's with the Bible's author--God.
Oh yeah, we ALL think Jesus was gay lol! Sorry, that's only in your mind. And no, my gripe is with people who use the Bible as a weapon of hate and ignorance. What you have is an OPINION and you've been convinced of a certain interpretation of the Bible. I'm betting you probably have or have had "same sex attraction issues" as well, no? There's no one more anti gay than a self hating homosexual who's been brainwashed by fundamentalists. Just as Fred Phelps! Gay as the day is long.

Old 05-23-2011, 10:34 AM

869 posts, read 972,037 times
Quote:
It is what is causing the criminal behavior...as it was said By Jesus himself...the IDOL of Engraven Imaged things they showed him, and asked about..

So who is the sinner in that regard?
I apreciate your decent response but please try to focus on one relevant idea at a time. Otherwise you will only serve to confuse the reader. I for one am confused.

Old 05-23-2011, 10:45 AM

2,505 posts, read 2,326,121 times
Quote:
You obviously don't have the foggiest idea of what God's love is. But since I already explained it and you reject it that means we disagree. BTW You won't change another person's mind by mindlessly responding to biblical evidence with unsubstantiated nays which amount to nothing more than a personal opinion. Such opionions lack the authoprity necessary to convince. I suggest that you famuiiarize yourself with the basic requiremnents for argumentation. A simple googling of the subject should do it.
See, this is the problem with Christians. Each various church and individual interprets the bible however they see fit. Each various church says to live a life in a certain way. God's love is not to be mistaken with hate or disgust. God's love is eternal aka everlasting. God loves all man not just Christians. God loves us regardless of our sin, that is why Jesus died on the cross. It is one of the first things they teach in sunday school. God so loved mankind that he gave up his only son. Jesus dies died on the cross as a symbol for Gods love for everyone, forgiving them of their sins.

Please don't interpret the bible any way other than it is. The bible teaches one thing then goes hypocritical and teaches another. I say we take the ones that teach love, patience, understanding and tolerance and toss out all the ones that teach hate, judgement and such.

Also, you should know that insulting someones debate tactics is also merely opinion and should be left out of the debate. Sort of like when you corrected my grammar. These are merely tactics of your own to make the other person mad and possible start attacking you so that you can come out the victim and maybe even report them. These tactics will not work on me. I could very easily write several paragraphs on the errors you have made and cast judgement on your character flaws. But, that would do nothing but cast those same views on to me. It is a mirror effect. If I say something negative about you, I am also projecting this negative trait onto myself.

Love, acceptance, compassion and understanding is the only way. Peace!

Old 05-23-2011, 10:46 AM

869 posts, read 972,037 times
Quote:
Oh yeah, we ALL think Jesus was gay lol! Sorry, that's only in your mind.
Show me where I said thar all gays believe use that argument. I said that among all the pro-homo arguments I find that one the most offensive. That's all I said. whereupon you let your fevered imagination go ballistic.

Quote:
And no, my gripe is with people who use the Bible as a weapon of hate and ignorance.

There you go again Jimmy with the "They hate us cuz we are gay!" balony. The only thing the Bible serves as a weapon for is to overturn false doctrines, traditions of men, and immoral concepts and to expose such things for what they truly are-sinful. That you perceive the use of God's Word in that way only proves that you prefer to make youir owm moral laws and reigiouis doctrines. Which of course is your right to just as it is my right to point out that your attitude is pro satanic. Anyway, nice quacking but no cigar!

Quote:
What you have is an OPINION and you've been convinced of a certain interpretation of the Bible.
Not at all my finely feathered friend. And again let me remind you that all you are doing is nagging via quacking

Quote:
I'm betting you probably have or have had "same sex attraction issues" as well, no? There's no one more anti gay than a self hating homosexual who's been brainwashed by fundamentalists. Just as Fred Phelps! Gay as the day is long.

Tsk tsk! Tsk! Ah play nice now!

Nahhhh! despite your low hopes I'm totally hetero with wife and three kids to boot my friend. In any case, since you are obviously frothing at the mouth and snarling that will be the end of our-ummm, comunication. Bye! Happy quacking! Be careful during hunting season though. You might be mistaken for a goose with Mad Cow disease! LOL

Last edited by Radrook; 05-23-2011 at 11:01 AM..

Old 05-23-2011, 10:47 AM

2,505 posts, read 2,326,121 times
Just thought I would point out that no Christian will argue with this. They will always ignore this argument as it proves them wrong each time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raison_d'etre View Post
Do you know where in the bible that it actually tells us not to judge each-other without righteous judgement? Since man cannot be righteous we cannot judge. THE BIBLE SAYS THIS LOUD AND CLEAR. How can you go on and on about how you must follow the teachings of the bible if you forget this very basic, very clear message that God has placed before you?

TO ALL CHRISTIANS: You are committing a sin when you are judging others for their sin. Only God can do such a task.

Here it is for you, right out of the bible:
John 8:2-11
2And early in the morning he came again into the temple, and all the people came unto him; and he sat down, and taught them.
3And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst,
4They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.
5Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?
6This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.
7So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.
8And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground.
9And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.
10When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?
11She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

This message is very clear. Only God has the power and righteousness to judge us for our sins.

Old 05-23-2011, 10:49 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,235,541 times
Quote:
I apreciate your decent response but please try to focus on one relevant idea at a time. Otherwise you will only serve to confuse the reader. I for one am confused.
I will try to open up the confusion more if I try to be specific...for it is wide a path, and many fools are on it...in fact the whole world humans have made with it is in error...and in some regards is corrupting and has always been corrupted...under that IDOL...as Jesus Pointed out, and Kicked out of his Fathers House!...for it is not wanted by both!

and If we carry it, and hold it dear, and a need for life...and work for it, rather than work for God...then what is born under that Idol is not of God!

And so "Your making a den of SIN, EVIL, ROBBERS, AND THIEVES" of the things Given By God to all...is in effect...as we still have the IDOL in different flavours being used all around the world now....and sin and evil abound under it....true?
ANd to seal the deal...breaking all the laws, precepts, covenants, and not doing the instruction first given to any complete state of complition...EDENS....Prohibiting or forgetting something very important...and now tying all nations who signed in on the WARS OF LIARS!...to wipe out the last remaining workers of God.....or just to make sin and evil continue...with all hands tied to the IDOL....so those estates continue to be born...and death and hatred, and murdering entities, and all the abomonations under the sun come back to life....eh?

When are we going to finally Give that thing back to Caesar/$atan...and start tending to the planets welfare for the right reasons?

And I can assure you it ain't for Money! But for the Love of GOD, onto those who do his will, and fulfill his word...sinlessly!

I hope the confusion brings us to some bloodless resolve soon!

Old 05-23-2011, 10:51 AM

118 posts, read 111,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
The only obligation a Christian has is to love God and each other. Loving means to NOT shove your beliefs down their throat in hopes that they will bend to YOUR will. God's will is that we just love one another. Homosexuals are as much children of God's as anyone else and they have the right to live that lifestyle. It's not for you or anyone else to say they are living in "sin". God doesn't see the sin. He sees a beautiful creation made out of LOVE. If you are a true christian, you will love them UNCONDITIONALLY. This means accepting that they are children of God's and have a right to live their own life. You are not God so please do not speak for Him based on man made ideas.

Tell me Reverend, in what context does God not see sin? Are you implying that God does not see sin for ALL of His creation?

Old 05-23-2011, 10:53 AM

5,536 posts, read 7,108,404 times
Good Lord, with all these references, the bible looks gayer than a maypole:

Homosexuality in the Bible

Old 05-23-2011, 11:04 AM

118 posts, read 111,234 times
Raison_d'etre, define what you mean by "judge." When you state "You are committing a sin when you are judging others for their sin. Only God can do such a task" what exactly do you mean? I would hope it is not as encompassing as you make it out to be.

Ironically, by making this statement, you are making a judgement of so called Christians who judge others... if they are judging others, they are sinning (according to you), yet you are exempt from making a judgement about THEIR sin? Your point self destructs and is a double standard. The bottom line is NO ONE can escape making a judgement about others in this life. Everyone does it. An atheist will do it, a Christian, a Jew, a Hindu.

Quote:
Just thought I would point out that no Christian will argue with this. They will always ignore this argument as it proves them wrong each time.

Old 05-23-2011, 11:12 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,235,541 times
Quote:

I think the message was more clearly stated in the end part of the message Jesus spoke to the woman..."DO NO MORE SIN, AND BE FORGIVEN"....

What were the SINS Jesus knew about, of the ones who were going to stone her?....in their sin...they brought forth her sin!

MONEY!

The real root...Jesus saw in them all that causes all sins to be with them continually!...same massage,same root cause, different SINNERS is all!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality