Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2012, 11:07 PM

267 posts, read 216,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
I think perhaps the same reason why slavery was okay in one century but not in the next, the customs of the people change, and there are laws that should be changed with those customs. People become more refined, and the laws should follow that; one would hope the refining will always be an improvement, and I don't think God is against that.
So god's rules change depending on what people want. That's pretty neat.

Old 07-08-2012, 06:12 AM

5,298 posts, read 4,592,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Na'vi View Post
So god's rules change depending on what people want. That's pretty neat.

IT was not God who incorporated slavery, men did that; it was not God who designed multiple wives in marriage, it was men who did that. Your manipulitive statement is slurring men, not God.

Old 07-08-2012, 06:17 AM

Quote:
IT was not God who incorporated slavery, men did that; it was not God who designed multiple wives in marriage, it was men who did that. Your manipulitive statement is slurring men, not God.
Well he certainly condoned them and even made rules about them, at least according to the book you claim is his word. Believe me I know who or what I am slandering.

Old 07-08-2012, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Well he certainly condoned them and even made rules about them, at least according to the book you claim is his word. Believe me I know who or what I am slandering.

There is nowhere in the bible from Genesis to Revelations that God ever condoned multiple marriage or slavery; he never sanctioned it, never endorsed them and never made any rules about them; since you know what your slandering, produce the evidence of your slander.

Old 07-08-2012, 06:51 AM

Quote:
There is nowhere in the bible from Genesis to Revelations that God ever condoned multiple marriage or slavery; he never sanctioned it, never endorsed them and never made any rules about them; since you know what your slandering, produce the evidence of your slander.
Read the bible little girl, I ain't doing your homework for ya. You obviously haven't read it before...............hahahahaha

Old 07-08-2012, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Read the bible little girl, I ain't doing your homework for ya. You obviously haven't read it before...............hahahahaha

You see, calling me a little girl is an insult to a man; and then laughing at your insult; that is immature conversation, and for whatever reason- you don't seem to care about that. Well now you must apologise to me or I Am finished with you.

Old 07-08-2012, 07:15 AM

Quote:
You see, calling me a little girl is an insult to a man; and then laughing at your insult; that is immature conversation, and for whatever reason- you don't seem to care about that. Well now you must apologise to me or I Am finished with you.
Oh well deary, you are far too sensitive for an adult discussion board anyway, I suggest you take your bat an ball and go home to mummy. Your contributions are funny, but not that funny that I would apologise to you..............hahahaha

Old 07-08-2012, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Oh well deary, you are far too sensitive for an adult discussion board anyway, I suggest you take your bat an ball and go home to mummy. Your contributions are funny, but not that funny that I would apologise to you..............hahahaha

So be it; inspite of my repeated efforts to help you, you have refused the help; I will no longer respond to you.

Peace on your journey.

Old 07-08-2012, 01:40 PM

33,544 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Genesis 26:34 And Esau was forty years old when he took to wife Judith the daughter of Beeri the Hittite, and Bashemath the daughter of Elon the Hittite:

Genesis 36:2 Esau took his wives of the daughters of Canaan; Adah the daughter of Elon the Hittite, and Aholibamah the daughter of Anah the daughter of Zibeon the Hivite;

Exodus 21:6 Then his master shall bring him unto the judges; he shall also bring him to the door, or unto the door post; and his master shall bore his ear through with an aul; and he shall serve him for ever.

Leviticus 21:7 And if a man sell his daughter to be a maidservant, she shall not go out as the menservants do.

Leviticus 21:10 If he take him another wife; her food, her raiment, and her duty of marriage, shall he not diminish.

Leviticus 25:45 Moreover of the children of the strangers that do sojourn among you, of them shall ye buy, and of their families that are with you, which they begat in your land: and they shall be your possession.

Know your bible...

Old 07-08-2012, 02:39 PM

1,635 posts, read 2,516,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Genesis 26:34 And Esau was forty years old when he took to wife Judith the daughter of Beeri the Hittite, and Bashemath the daughter of Elon the Hittite:

Genesis 36:2 Esau took his wives of the daughters of Canaan; Adah the daughter of Elon the Hittite, and Aholibamah the daughter of Anah the daughter of Zibeon the Hivite;

Exodus 21:6 Then his master shall bring him unto the judges; he shall also bring him to the door, or unto the door post; and his master shall bore his ear through with an aul; and he shall serve him for ever.

Leviticus 21:7 And if a man sell his daughter to be a maidservant, she shall not go out as the menservants do.

Leviticus 21:10 If he take him another wife; her food, her raiment, and her duty of marriage, shall he not diminish.

Leviticus 25:45 Moreover of the children of the strangers that do sojourn among you, of them shall ye buy, and of their families that are with you, which they begat in your land: and they shall be your possession.

Know your bible...
The Salad Bar Christians just ignore the passages that make their gods look bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality