Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2012, 11:34 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,935,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
You prove God to yourself by taking a second look at the children you love, and ask yourself did nature create family life or did a family create a family?
What do people who lose their children to congenital defects, cancer or an accident do? Let's say God does exist. And? What? What does someone living in a tent because they have no job believe? Does it matter? If God exists and He is unable or unwilling to do anything about real issues in my life... hey... who am I... but don't ask me to get on board with any big plans for his birthday or anything... I'm not worried about Hell. Any entity that has it together enough to Create the Universe should be able to figure out why some of us are not paying Him much attention. If crapping on me in this life isn't enough and He wants to continue the fun in the next... there really isn't a damn thing I can do about it, is there? At least I have my integrity.

H

Old 07-06-2012, 01:42 AM

434 posts, read 342,616 times
Quote:
Because right now he's ignoring you, and saving you for last. He's allowing you to believe in mickey mouse, and whateverelse you desire.

And there is no such thing as " Your god", even the term " God", does not really mean that much; its just a symbol we use for lack of a better term. You and I are meaningless to God, he couldcareless about proving himself to any human.
Then why would anyone bother trying to prove such a being to themselves? Such a God is irrelevant to us.

Old 07-06-2012, 07:40 AM

5,298 posts, read 4,593,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
What do people who lose their children to congenital defects, cancer or an accident do? Let's say God does exist. And? What? What does someone living in a tent because they have no job believe? Does it matter? If God exists and He is unable or unwilling to do anything about real issues in my life... hey... who am I... but don't ask me to get on board with any big plans for his birthday or anything... I'm not worried about Hell. Any entity that has it together enough to Create the Universe should be able to figure out why some of us are not paying Him much attention. If crapping on me in this life isn't enough and He wants to continue the fun in the next... there really isn't a damn thing I can do about it, is there? At least I have my integrity.

H

Well I agree with you; but the crapping on us in this life, IS enough; there will be no more crap in the life to come; but in Gods evolution of humanity, the crap must come first; Why, I don't exactly know; I only have speculation on that.

Old 07-06-2012, 07:43 AM

267 posts, read 216,555 times
Quote:
Well I agree with you; but the crapping on us in this life, IS enough; there will be no more crap in the life to come; but in Gods evolution of humanity, the crap must come first; Why, I don't exactly know; I only have speculation on that.
You know what god has decided, but not why he has decided it. That is some incredible clairvoyance.

Old 07-06-2012, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
Then why would anyone bother trying to prove such a being to themselves? Such a God is irrelevant to us.

Well he should be irrelevant to your group, thats how he wants it. He does not want certain groups of humans to even bother with him; and he wants certain believing groups to be confused about him, certain others to be deceived about him, and a few others to have a little understanding of him.

Thats exactly how he wants it, and its exactly how it has occured.

Old 07-06-2012, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Na'vi View Post
You know what god has decided, but not why he has decided it. That is some incredible clairvoyance.

Well thats just how it is sometimes; we can know what and not know why; even science runs into that reality.

Old 07-06-2012, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Well thats just how it is sometimes; we can know what and not know why; even science runs into that reality.
Yes but you know some of his decisions before hand but you have no idea of his mind. I find that fascinating.

Old 07-06-2012, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Yes but you know some of his decisions before hand but you have no idea of his mind. I find that fascinating.

Well I find it fascinating as well; I don't know God personally, and I do not have his spirit; I simply go by his word as it is recorded.

Old 07-06-2012, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Well he should be irrelevant to your group, thats how he wants it. He does not want certain groups of humans to even bother with him; and he wants certain believing groups to be confused about him, certain others to be deceived about him, and a few others to have a little understanding of him.

Thats exactly how he wants it, and its exactly how it has occured.
But now you claim to know what his current thoughts are. I think, that like many others, you make this stuff up in order to justify your beliefs and prejudices.

Old 07-06-2012, 08:11 AM

Quote:
But now you claim to know what his current thoughts are. I think, that like many others, you make this stuff up in order to justify your beliefs and prejudices.

Well that would be selective exposure, and I hold no intrest in that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality