Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2011, 11:49 AM

1,429 posts, read 2,447,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post

Thanks for bringing Sanspeur's math to my attention. If that's correct, and I'm going to research it, then Doug Batchelor has been proven to be false, as far as I'm concerned. He did say 800 feet every thousand years. And... I need to insert foot, because I said I knew for a FACT that he wasn't lying. That would be a pretty big lie I would think.
Yep - welcome to our world.

A world where agenda driven people blatantly lie and/or misinterpret a scientific concept, and feel the need to share their ignorance with others.

Won't be the last, and definitely not the first.

Old 12-16-2011, 11:52 AM

1,816 posts, read 2,516,370 times
Quote:
Ok. I trust what your saying is true. I really do. But I will of course have to dig a little deeper.
The two things you'd need to research, I suppose, would be that

1) there really are dudes with lasers measuring the distance from the earth to the moon. Don't take my word for it!

and

2) has the rate of separation been constant throughout time? This will be harder to verify, as we can't get exact data from the past. But there have been countless computer simulations run, and as far as we can determine from these simulations, the moon was formed about a billion years ago. (Keep in mind that the moon never "popped" out from the earth fully formed, so the idea that at some point in the past the moon touched the earth is fallacious. In reality, the moon formed while already in orbit, which explains why the 10 billion years number is incongruous with the 1 billion years ago hypothesis)

The lesson to learn here, though, is that anyone who starts with a answer, and then tries to make the data fit that answer, is a charlatan. That's what David Batchelor did. Instead of taking a look at the data and coming up with answers, he took the answers and made up his own data.

Old 12-16-2011, 12:33 PM

3,423 posts, read 3,218,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoGeek View Post
No test has ever provided any clue whatsoever that abiogenesis is possible. On the contrary, we've proven over and over and over and over again over the course of thousands of years of human existence that life does not just spontaneously occur from nothing.

But then,the abiogenesis hypothesis doesn't suggest that life just spontaneously occurred from nothing. So your argument is a strawman. Organic compounds are not nothing. Neither are inorganic compounds for that matter. All occur in nature. Hell, they even occur in the vacuum of outer space.

Old 12-16-2011, 12:42 PM

Quote:
What? That perfectly round moon is the result of an impact? That's not too intelligent.
Erm? Perfectly round? The Moon? If that were the case, it wouldn't be tidally locked with the Earth (showing only one face towards the Earth at all times). It also wouldn't have a cross section that looks like this:

Old 12-16-2011, 12:43 PM

2,505 posts, read 2,329,359 times
Quote:
I thought I'd share with everyone the Amazing Facts, with Doug Bachelor. Doug Bachelor is another Godly hero in this world. I haven't watched this yet, but I'm sure it will be good facts. Enjoy.

I challenge anyone to show me something this guy says is not a fact!
I couldn't make myself watch that more than a min or two... If you believe what this guys says, you probably agree with this video as well...

21 Facts Stupid Scientists and Atheists Cant Answer - YouTube

Seriously...

Old 12-16-2011, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
I have never been a monkey and a monkey has never been me. Human beings have existed in their present form for millions of years - so have apes. All live forms are related because they are LIFE forms. There are no mixes..no half ape and man to be found in the rock records - also - evidence that proves the existance of man in his present form eventually turns to dust and thus there is no clear record of any sort of transition - or "evolution" of mankind..

Sure we change and adapt..in fact we are doing so as we speak - creation...is not a theory...all things come into being at one point or another ...as for Darwin..he just studied the work of creation and never once stated that there is no God...or justified bad and cruel human behavour with "survival of the fittest" - or domination and destruction of the weak by the strong...evolution is mutual co-operation...it is not about domination - so economic Darwinists are just a bunch of liars that justify harming someone for profit - common cannibals.

I haven't thoroughly checked, but I don't see where anyone suggested that you are a monkey. You are, however, an ape and a primate. This was first determined by linaeus, some 400 years ago (a man who was a VERY religious Christian), and who happened to be right.

You also appear to be arguing that there are no "transitional species" a notion which is a mysnomer, since ALL species are transitional.

Old 12-16-2011, 12:54 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,964,309 times
The number of times minus the available footage I have probably equals somewhere around the sum of negitive 20. In simpler terms: "I don't have enough feet to put in my big mouth for everytime I said something I believed, that was false." I definitely need to learn something from this, I oppologize.

However, just because me, a little Poe Ducky, am wrong about alot, doesn't mean that evolution is a fact. Many people here claim it to be a fact. I admit, there is substancial reason for them to believe this. But, what I do know is that I personally know God. It is an impossibility for me to claim otherwise. Also, there is no burden for me to prove this to others. I am more than willing to explain and reveal the facts, that have really happened in my life, that give very good reason for my factual belief in God, in my personal life, but that has nothing to do with what were talking about here.

Without researching, because I trust you all are correct, the obvious conclusion I have to come up with is that Doug Batchelor has intentionally lied to alot of people. And I need to learn how not to state things as fact before I thoroughly research it. I will learn alot from this thread hopefully. I oppologize again, and have much respect for you all. Thanks for your responses.

Just remember. This doesn't mean Evolution is fact and it doesn't prove there is no God, to you personally. It just proves that people can decieve, and people can be decieved, and scientist should be respected for their study and knowledge.

Old 12-16-2011, 12:56 PM

1,816 posts, read 2,516,370 times
Quote:
The number of times minus the available footage I have probably equals somewhere around the sum of negitive 20. In simpler terms: "I don't have enough feet to put in my big mouth for everytime I said something I believed, that was false." I definitely need to learn something from this, I oppologize.

However, just because me, a little Poe Ducky, am wrong about alot, doesn't mean that evolution is a fact. Many people here claim it to be a fact. I admit, there is substancial reason for them to believe this. But, what I do know is that I personally know God. It is an impossibility for me to claim otherwise. Also, there is no burden for me to prove this to others. I am more than willing to explain and reveal the facts, that have really happened in my life, that give very good reason for my factual belief in God, in my personal life, but that has nothing to do with what were talking about here.

Without researching, because I trust you all are correct, the obvious conclusion I have to come up with is that Doug Batchelor has intentionally lied to alot of people. And I need to learn how not to state things as fact before I thoroughly research it. I will learn alot from this thread hopefully. I oppologize again, and have much respect for you all. Thanks for your responses.

Just remember. This doesn't mean Evolution is fact and it doesn't prove there is no God, to you personally. It just proves that people can decieve, and people can be decieved, and scientist should be respected for their study and knowledge.
Kudos on realzing just who Doug Batchelor is, and for being gracious while you eat your crow. I will say this though: there are millions of Christians who know evolution to be fact. They are still perfectly happy Christians though. Ask yourself why this might be the case, and you'll be better equipped to actually get at the answers you're looking for.

Old 12-16-2011, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Amazing. It's so obvious to me who's denying the facts, intentionally.
Really? I doubt it. Because from where I am sitting, I've noted that I posted this link:

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/moonrec.html

about 10 pages back (in fact, I posted it twice), and yet no one, but particularly you, has even commented on it, and have simply posted responses as if that link was never posted.

So, by all means, tells us who is denying the facts?

Old 12-16-2011, 01:29 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,964,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orogenicman View Post
Really? I doubt it. Because from where I am sitting, I've noted that I posted this link:

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/moonrec.html

about 10 pages back (in fact, I posted it twice), and yet no one, but particularly you, has even commented on it, and have simply posted responses as if that link was never posted.

So, by all means, tells us who is denying the facts?
I don't have a pc so I have limited time on the library pc. I was pretty busy during the little time I have to look through every link posted. I'm glad you reposted it and will definitely check it out. I planned on going through them all anyway but your posted link is a very important one I'd like to use in my research.

I did of course firmly believe it was you all who were closing your eyes to the truth. I falsely accused you and I hope you forgive me. Wow, God help me. I really do oppologize and deserve to be totally discredited, and considered a false witness (although it wasn't intentional). Hopefully I can learn from this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality