Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 10:00 AM

8,734 posts, read 13,813,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Mmmmmmm Bacon

..... and BBQ
And if you prepare pork just right, it will be anything but intact. In fact, it will fall right of the bone.

Old 06-20-2012, 10:52 AM

7 posts, read 11,083 times
The only thing I know about pigs is that they sure are tasty! Ham, bacon, sausages, ribs, pork chops, etc are all super-delish!

Old 06-27-2016, 02:59 PM

25 posts, read 27,015 times
65 years of eating pork almost daily, usually get a cold once a year if I'm around too many humans, had the flu once about 20 years ago.

Thanks to those of you not driving up the price, you are welcome to my share of the hummus.

Old 06-27-2016, 04:00 PM

19,012 posts, read 27,562,983 times
There are reasons that the meat of the pig becomes more saturated with toxins than many of its counterpart farm animals. The first reason has to do with the digestive system of a pig.
A pig digests whatever it eats rather quickly, in up to about four hours. On the other hand a cow takes a good twenty-four hours to digest what it’s eaten. During the digestive process, animals (including humans) get rid of excess toxins as well as other components of the food eaten that could be dangerous to health.
Since the pig’s digestive system operates rather basically, many of these toxins remain in their system to be stored in their more than adequate fatty tissues ready for our consumption.
Another issue with the pig is that it doesn’t have any sweat glands. Sweat glands are a tool the body uses to be rid of toxins. This leaves more toxins in the pig’s body.

https://draxe.com/why-you-should-avoid-pork/

Was very thoughtful of our ancestors to warn us of this.

Old 06-27-2016, 04:04 PM

22,138 posts, read 19,198,797 times
my understanding is that pigs are "bottom feeders" and will eat basically anything including feces and dead diseased animals.
and that shellfish are the sea equivalent of "bottom feeders" and we avoid eating them for the same reason.

from the link provided above by urkoz
"...eating anything they can find. This includes not only bugs, insects, and whatever leftover scraps they find laying around, but also their own feces, as well as the dead carcasses of sick animals, including their own young."

Old 06-27-2016, 04:45 PM

25 posts, read 27,015 times
When I was a kid if we found a dead chicken in the hen house we tossed it in the hog pen, they would fight over it feathers and all. Pigs will eat anything, even dead humans, this is not news to anyone paying attention. So what?

Old 06-27-2016, 05:00 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,016,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
my understanding is that pigs are "bottom feeders" and will eat basically anything including feces and dead diseased animals.
and that shellfish are the sea equivalent of "bottom feeders" and we avoid eating them for the same reason.

from the link provided above by urkoz
"...eating anything they can find. This includes not only bugs, insects, and whatever leftover scraps they find laying around, but also their own feces, as well as the dead carcasses of sick animals, including their own young."
In the part of Germany that I lived pork was the most eaten meat and much of the population suffered from severe joint problems, such as arthritis, as early as their 40s...Found out that it was due to the high pork consuption...

Old 06-27-2016, 05:08 PM

97 posts, read 55,638 times
When the Law was given to the Jews centuries ago it was a perfect Code from the Creator. He more than anyone knew when he gave it, the reasons behind it. Including why pork and things like shellfish weren't to be eaten. The were unclean. When Jesus came the Law code was done away with Rom 10:4 Gal 3:19-24 including food prohibition. Except blood, from food that was strangled and sacrificed to idols as seen in Acts 15:28, 29.
Although pork is very thoroughly checked health wise for humans to eat nowdays it reminded me of my ex husbands experience he had of his Vietnam days.
While stationed at Nui dat they were on the trail and a village they came across had been blown up. He said the pigs ate everything that was there. To this day he doesn't eat pork and neither do I.

Old 06-27-2016, 05:10 PM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Default what you know about Pig's meat.is it an intact meat or it is a dangerous and unclean meat ( biologically -spiritually)

What on earth does all this carnal nonsense have to do with God or spirituality?????

Old 06-27-2016, 05:27 PM

22,138 posts, read 19,198,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
What on earth does all this carnal nonsense have to do with God or spirituality?????
the question is "it is dangerous unclean biologically spiritually" and the answer is yes
the food we eat has a definite effect and impact on both our physical health, and our spiritual health

it is not "nonsense" to seek to avoid those foods which can harm us physically, and harm us spiritually

regardless of a person's religious or spiritual views "you are what you eat"
which is why many people avoid pork
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality