Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2012, 08:34 AM

5,298 posts, read 4,596,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroman View Post
Mickiel, do you have a link that I could look at that shows over 70% of atheists are white?
I’ll have to look it up but I think there are a lot of Asians that are atheist.

Cheers,
Aeroman

Well just look it up on the internet search, there are many sites, such as conservapedia.com- Atheism, I don't agree with all the stuff on these sites, but its whats available; one site I used awhile back puts it at 70% white males, I think conservapedia puts it at 90%; so it varies depending on where you go. And of course the numbers are constantly changing, but always a majority white male pressence, which I think would spell trouble in an Atheist society, because these white males would no doubt try to rule.

Old 07-07-2012, 08:40 AM

2,505 posts, read 2,329,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
Well just look it up on the internet search, there are many sites, such as conservapedia.com- Atheism, I don't agree with all the stuff on these sites, but its whats available; one site I used awhile back puts it at 70% white males, I think conservapedia puts it at 90%; so it varies depending on where you go. And of course the numbers are constantly changing, but always a majority white male pressence, which I think would spell trouble in an Atheist society, because these white males would no doubt try to rule.
conservapedia.com is by far one of the most bias websites out there. The majority of what it posts is discriminitory, not supported by facts, and poor grammar.

Similar studies also show a higher level of intelligence among atheists compared to theists. I am sure we would figure it out before it went to war.

Old 07-07-2012, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raison_d'etre View Post
conservapedia.com is by far one of the most bias websites out there. The majority of what it posts is discriminitory, not supported by facts, and poor grammar.

Similar studies also show a higher level of intelligence among atheists compared to theists. I am sure we would figure it out before it went to war.

I don't care what website you use, Atheist are majority white males wherever you look at it as a whole. Even when you get into other cultures than are non-white, its still majority males. When you defacto women, thats going to spell trouble, eventually, in any culture; we can see that occuring now in male dominated cultures. When you defacto different races, in a one race dominated culture, thats going to eventually spell trouble, we have long seen that in history.

So thats double trouble in an all Atheist rule. It would not be the heaven on earth many Atheist like to project it would be. Not in my view.

Old 07-07-2012, 09:15 AM

Quote:
I don't care what website you use, Atheist are majority white males wherever you look at it as a whole. Even when you get into other cultures than are non-white, its still majority males. When you defacto women, thats going to spell trouble, eventually, in any culture; we can see that occuring now in male dominated cultures. When you defacto different races, in a one race dominated culture, thats going to eventually spell trouble, we have long seen that in history.

So thats double trouble in an all Atheist rule. It would not be the heaven on earth many Atheist like to project it would be. Not in my view.
Again I will point out the following:

One small problem with this, all that is required for someone to be atheist is a lack of belief in god, not a lack of belief in religion. Religions like Jainism, Buddhism, Hinduism, and other new age religious movements don't necessarily believe in the Christian god.

And the other problem with this... since the question in the OP is hypothetical, then hypothetically the world would be as diverse as it is now in regards to gender and race.

Oh, and technically speaking, the world IS populated by atheists as most people don't believe in one god the other. Do you believe in Zeus? How about Ra? Thor? Ninkasi?

Old 07-07-2012, 09:34 AM

17,183 posts, read 22,947,132 times
Quote:
A world entirely poppulated by Atheist would be dominated by white men and eventually experience a race war.
If the world was entirely populated by atheists, everyone - white, black, asian, male, female, etc. would *all* be atheist. Thus a world populated by atheists would probably be dominated by female atheists as we are more than 50% of the world population.

Old 07-07-2012, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
If the world was entirely populated by atheists, everyone - white, black, asian, male, female, etc. would *all* be atheist. Thus a world populated by atheists would probably be dominated by female atheists as we are more than 50% of the world population.

If the world was dominated by female Atheist there would be a gender war and men would become a serious problem in most societys.

Old 07-07-2012, 07:23 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,947,132 times
Quote:
If the world was dominated by female Atheist there would be a gender war and men would become a serious problem in most societys.
Really? Do you actually think that people can't get along with each other?

Old 07-07-2012, 07:39 PM

33,568 posts, read 37,182,394 times
Quote:
Where, oh where do you come up with such nonsense, could it be your personal experiences with women?

Old 07-07-2012, 10:53 PM

Quote:
I don't think the word dominated is used properly. Right now women over populate men in the USA. However that isn't the case if you total all the humans on the planet. Check out: Human sex ratio - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's fairly equal overall. The ratio varies only when broken down country by country. If Suddenly everyone was atheist, then the world would look the same as it does today but the only religious discussions we would have would be to teach our children myths.

Old 07-08-2012, 05:03 AM

126 posts, read 81,181 times
Quote:
Atheist are over 70% white males, this would certainly spell trouble with gender and ethnicity in an Atheist society.
You know the world includes many countries right? And except South Korea..the majority of East Asia is atheist..last time I checked they're not white.

Last time I also checked, Japan is one of the most peaceful countries in the world with the lowest crime rate in the world. Seems like a world full of atheists isn't that bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality