Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 02:57 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,376,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
Oh...well you and others are saying things, I asked a question with respects to the tone and you guys act as though you know answers and can make assertions, but then have no answers to back them up.
Now you are just making things up. I said I am more than happy to discuss such things with you on the proper threads. Further I have made no assertions I have not backed up. If you feel someone else has then take it up with them, not me. I am an individual and speak only for myself. If you have issue with someone someone else said then by all means reply to it but leave me out of it.

Quote:
I'm not talking about God you are and H45 and Arq ...Why I don't know.
The reason why is quite clear. A vast number of people seem to think the word "design" implies an intentional agent. So if someone asks what is designed in the universe it is a very valid question to ask which designer you are speaking of. My car is designed for example... by humans. If someone suggests the laws of physics, the DNA of the human body, the human mind or any other such thing is designed however then they should very much expect to be asked who the designer is meant to be.

There is a certain human arrogance in thinking that the universe was designed for us for example as if we were the plan for the universe or it was somehow tweaked intentionally to produce us. There seems to be nothing to support that line of thinking however and it would appear life arose to fit the universe, not the universe to fit life.

Douglas Adams had a funny analogy for this. He asked that you imagine a puddle of water becoming sentient and marveling at how the hole it finds itself in has been designed to fit exactly the shape that it, the puddle, finds itself to be. The truth however is the hole was always that way, nothing to do with the puddle, and the puddle formed to fit the hole. Not the other way around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2012, 03:11 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times
Quote:
Oh...well you and others are saying things, I asked a question with respects to the tone and you guys act as though you know answers and can make assertions, but then have no answers to back them up.

I'm not talking about God you are and H45 and Arq ...Why I don't know. Yes I have an answer to the question which did not emerge out of a premise. Included is an experimental suggestion in which will show. Without having untangling probability issues, I'm afraid no one will be able to untangle this question. Both these approach's have demo and have been already exposed to expert source's in part...In part because they belong to myself and no one else....I'm not releasing info but would be interested in any known solutions in order to further feel "great" In the mean time with yours and other blanket statements, I can at least feel great in saying in light of thread topic, the declarations are basically silly, kid stuff. So thanks and I would have opened an interesting door to this forum out of curiosity in already relatively fixed understood individual capabilities, to see how wonder is managed. So ...too bad I guess, wonder doesn't even get a chance to wonder. Oh well and by the way, when you know you nailed something everything falls perfectly into place, including demo's. Ive always believed philosophy onto universal realities is a waste of time if it cannot show, so I would not of opened my mouth without being able to back up fully, if you ch my posting history I just don;t get caught with my foot in my mouth.
See yu.
I have no idea what all that is intended to mean. And I would be astonished if you hadn't previously been caught with your foot in your mouth. I would also not be astonished if you refused to see it.

The reason we don't want to discuss divergency and the quantum jumps is that it is irrelevant to the question of design in the universe. It is also irrelevant to the question of predictable physical laws in the universe, no matter what protons do when nobody is watching them.

As to context, I can only find that atheist apologists such as myself argue only out of the context of religious faiuth - and it is logically right that we should. I find that theist apologists frequently quotemine out of context. They frequently shift comments to a different context and drag in irrelevant context - as you do with this observer changes the experiment stuff. When I have seen it previously (the crummy cartoon - appearance reminds me of a stupid fish - out of water cartoon intended to 'disprove' evolution(1) it is a misunderstood and misrepresented taking of the diverging proton thing and the observer unconsciously affects the experiment thing which (like the commerce funds science thing) is horribly misrepresented in order to discredit science for the sole reason of trying to make it look as though the sheer guesswork of religious belief is equally valid. It really isn't.

Codswallop, my dear sir. Dishonest propagandist theist apologetic codswallop.

(1) Mind, some atheist animated cartoons can lack artistic merit

Old 09-19-2012, 03:28 AM

3,448 posts, read 3,133,213 times
I understand.

You guys are asking hard ball questions which require concrete answers apart, from fully abstract notions. It can't accomplish anything other then a dim recognition of value, in abstract notions. Thats fine, but hardly a definitive accomplishment. Anyway, its not myself thats off topic, including asking a question in step with the flow as explained.
Maybe later I will come back and show a couple of things, not to prove anything other then to show my mastery in this area and create some half decent wonder... I have absolutely no intention of ever releasing all.
I am sensitive, ridiculously creative and do not take well to the insults already uttered by others. So the fun has been spoiled and maybe I will come back later, I do not arrange my life with plans on inspirational gestures. Back to politics and thankyou.

Old 09-19-2012, 03:45 AM

No. What we are doing here is writing on a thread that is about what is designed in the universe. Saying "I know this physics experiment and I need help interpreting the results" is not just slightly, but entirely off topic. That is why I requested you maybe start another thread either here or in a more useful place like a physics forum (and I suggested one) where I am happy to answer your questions using the science knowledge I have at my disposal and coupling it with that of my peers also posting on such a thread.

Old 09-19-2012, 04:31 AM

3,448 posts, read 3,133,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post
No. What we are doing here is writing on a thread that is about what is designed in the universe. Saying "I know this physics experiment and I need help interpreting the results" is not just slightly, but entirely off topic. That is why I requested you maybe start another thread either here or in a more useful place like a physics forum (and I suggested one) where I am happy to answer your questions using the science knowledge I have at my disposal and coupling it with that of my peers also posting on such a thread.
Lets not be absurd, I have the answers, I have the back up for my position, I have done the work and you do not comprehend what I post, refuse to or do not fully read entries.

Old 09-19-2012, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Lets be clear about something, I have the answers, I have the back up for my position, I have done the work and you do not comprehend what I post, refuse to or do not fully read entries.
Thinking your post is off topic is not synonymous with not understanding your post. I just think that since this thread is about identifying what in the universe is designed... that discussing with you the interpretation of the results of a single physics experiment which does not addresses that question is off topic.

Perhaps you would do better to write your interpretation up as a science paper and submit it for peer review on a science journal?

Old 09-19-2012, 05:11 AM

434 posts, read 342,557 times
Quote:
I may duck back later and do some reducing....we'll see, maybe a fun weekend night , I here some sugar was found in outer space.... let me know and I will pull up a chair when you find the new atheist shaker..... Oh and theres some snow on mars, how the heck did it get there? Is there a Santa Mars..? ok...I'm going back to the politics
Wait, you believe the presence of snow on Mars is somehow a proof of universal design?

I witnessed your general dodge about possessing mysterious proof about design in the slit experiment, and none provided, does it go any deeper into intellectual territory than this?

Old 09-19-2012, 05:11 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times
Quote:
I may duck back later and do some reducing....we'll see, maybe a fun weekend night , I here some sugar was found in outer space.... let me know and I will pull up a chair when you find the new atheist shaker..... Oh and theres some snow on mars, how the heck did it get there? Is there a Santa Mars..? ok...I'm going back to the politics
While I like a bit of humour, yours doesn't even twitch my lips and you can read yourself how snow got on Mars - the same way it got here. Your last few posts became increasingly daft and irrelevant and I fully expect them to be replaced by a line of red.

Old 09-19-2012, 05:54 AM

5,458 posts, read 6,716,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotdogger27 View Post
Actually, I can claim whatever I want.
Likewise, I can claim that things don't make sense when I see they don't. And they don't. Even stranger, you don't even attempt to clear this up but instead attack the messenger. Cognitive dissonance is a funny thing.

Old 09-19-2012, 02:48 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post
That is why I requested you maybe start another thread either here or in a more useful place like a physics forum (and I suggested one) where I am happy to answer your questions using the science knowledge I have at my disposal and coupling it with that of my peers also posting on such a thread.
Who died and left you the hall room monitor of the thread?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality