Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 05:04 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinynot View Post
Am I mistaken that I was posting in a Christian forum?
Yes infact you are. You are posting in religion and Spirituality, not Christianity. Here in this forum, all posters are allowed to question and debate whatever you write. If you want a space where such activity isn't allowed, the Christianity sub-forum is right for you.

Quote:
It is quite obvious how an atheist thinks. One particular post, "there have been no satisfactory answers". Does the poster think other posters are trying to impress or give an answer that be pondered for correctness? I don't think so, posts reflect beliefs whether they are satisfactory to another poster or not
No, not satisfactory to him, but satisfactory to the facts, or the basic question in the op.

Quote:
I asked the question about how many atheists answered in this forum because I don't see why they come to the Chrisitanity forum to knock down Christian values
Again, you are not posting in the Christian forum. Not everything that has the word "relgion" attached to it automatically means Christianity be default.

Quote:

. I would also like to know how many Christians go to the atheist forum to knock down their beliefs.
None, because it is against the terms of service for the Atheism forum.

Quote:
I believe in God.
Shout it loud and proud from the rooftop brother!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2012, 05:34 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,788,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post

Well, all you have to do is show everyone else what force is working in the universe, prove it could only come from a God, and this will all be over and done with.....and so the age old debate continues.... round and round we go.
No, all I have to do is satisfy my self. 5150's point is a valid one for who believe in ID.

Old 08-23-2012, 05:55 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,819,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Les View Post
How's about a needle and two camels?...nothing more, nothing less !...or is that "Nothing" or "something" or "everything" someone once said will get into heaven easier one day? before the rich man?...wonder why?
I'll take the car, much less maintenance.

Old 08-23-2012, 10:32 PM

1,168 posts, read 1,235,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
I'll take the car, much less maintenance.
That would be stealing...As the car is a big polluter of the planet/creation/elemental elements/everything living.=..less maintannce?? is a bit of a long toothed fib in being less maintannce, if you go beyond the limited scope of human thinking in that regard......Cause the cleanup of the enviroment, and the living, and the food chain.. just another car polluting it all (weather it comes from nothing or everything is irrelevant), by the mile or hour, added to the tonnage already being spewed out into the enviroments daily, by those wonderful car owners, and big oil spilling that toxic swill at will or word for more profits and gains in dead things, into everyones back yard..........Choke cough spew.., could take forever to accomplish the clean up...and damage done to the Dome of atmosphere layers of protection from the suns harmful Radiation, and the lands, oil (fossil fuel) is spilt on..and the waters it effects and floats on to stop the transpiration of water to air, and the living it infects~ more pills and bills please?.......which is now reason for more drought...as more uv light gets in due to that degradation of the Ozone.....more problems arise with the dome and that radiation of the sun heating things up to scorch the earth by them devils doing the dirty deeds to defile it all.....costing more to solve...Drought and fire season....less food means more higher prices and taxes....in the system of X...and if the deadblood.. is spilt on the lands, and spewed into the air and onto the waters...fire ensues?..surely as a combustable agent should?

So,.. no car for you !...only two camels and a needles are up for grabs....as the natural and cost effective eco friendly prize, that will get you into heaven if you follow "the ones" directions, But a car?..you need money to drive a car, and even just to own a car..you need a licence which cost Money, and ID again costing money.....and so you condem yourself by wanting a car/needing money...not that one is up for grabs here....(the red beast and the lady in scarlet drives one, that drinks the Blood of the saints and prophets)(fossil fuels?)= death..Goes to the fire!!!......

Now I take your response as a turndown of the prize prix offered..and will make a new Question for that prize, availible in some other post..some other time....thanks for playing and answering the Question I asked , to solve the puzzelled OP Question......simple solutions from simple people work best I say......gotta think outside the box sometimes....when no other answer will do...use opposites!.. and form a equation of balanced formation, and then solve using unknowns...which may or maynot be relivant...if nothing is in existance...then surely something was known before nothing was....to make the comparison and understanding of Nothing..either something was taken away to make nothing be from everything..or vise versa...Thus two Genesis states of being one on one side of the equation, and the other in simular form on the other....dual reality.......what is nothing..but the lack of something..or everything..hence before Nothing was, there was everything on the other side of Zero......and God Gave it to????..."US HUMANS"....and that is alot...I think God made a mistake though!...But proof/truth will surely prevail in our intent and resolve over it all, or not of any...cause and effect......funny how everything can be fleeting a thing to have to ponder...or have ...or have not...how close this world is to loosing it all....and there is oh so much we haven't even seen yet....But do we earn it by works alone? (tend and keep the Garden?)..or is it by faith alone? (believe in Jesus and God)...or by both?...no prize for this one.

Old 08-23-2012, 11:23 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,819,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Les View Post
That would be a....... prize for this one.
Wow you must be bored. Thanks for the car. And red too.

Old 08-24-2012, 08:27 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,235,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
Wow you must be bored. Thanks for the car. And red too.

What? bored? me?...when there is so much to do about nothing and everything in keeping it clean and prestine/ or freespace......and so little time and helpers to do it all, or not at all....one has not the time to be bored....But Prize or no prize...where everything comes from, or does not. or goes to, or does not......that we have this Earth Today in need of some tender loving care and respect.....is enough?....should we not take care of it now knowing it is being polluted by the mindless industrial madness for dollars and all those who support that system?....again no prize for these answers.... NO CAR for You!...Gotta play by the rules..and you turned down the Camels and the needle......what? oh?...This just in... Those Camels did come fully equiped, and two humps on each, By the way...The sport models no doubt?...

Old 08-24-2012, 09:02 AM

667 posts, read 516,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
We're often admonished by Christians that "science" has tried but failed to explain how the Universe was created OUT OF NOTHING. (Noting of course that "Evolution" is unrelated to this Creation, btw... Such tiresome conflations only serve to show the huge lack of basic scientific literacy of the writer...)

Answer me this one then please:

How did your god Create His instantly complete and fully finished () Universe OUT OF NOTHING?

Are we talking about different "NOTHING" elements here? Godly versus Reality LEGOâ„¢ particles?
I have not read through the thread, so, I applogize if I am repeating a previous post.

This is an excellent question and whether you believe in God or not the answer is the same: we don't know.

With that truth, we look for answers to this mystery.

Some believe that something bigger than our human understanding created something bigger than our human understanding in a way that is bigger than our human understanding. This belief takes humily to acknowlegde such a entity (a creator) that is greater than us humans (the created).

Others believe that nothing created something from nothing and that one day humans will understand. This belief takes ego to acknowlege nothing is greater than the created.

Which one seems more logical?

Old 08-24-2012, 12:29 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNEC_Dad View Post
I have not read through the thread, so, I applogize if I am repeating a previous post.

This is an excellent question and whether you believe in God or not the answer is the same: we don't know.

With that truth, we look for answers to this mystery.

Some believe that something bigger than our human understanding created something bigger than our human understanding in a way that is bigger than our human understanding. This belief takes humility to acknowledge such a entity (a creator) that is greater than us humans (the created).

Others believe that nothing created something from nothing and that one day humans will understand. This belief takes ego to acknowledge nothing is greater than the created.

Which one seems more logical?
Neither - and nor is the transparently clumsy attempt to Poison the well by trying to make god -claims humble and something from nothing claims egotistical.

'We don't know...yet' is as humble as you can can get. 'We do - it was God... OUR God' is as egotistical as you can get.

Old 08-24-2012, 12:38 PM

667 posts, read 516,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
Neither - and nor is the transparently clumsy attempt to Poison the well by trying to make god -claims humble and something from nothing claims egotistical.

'We don't know...yet' is as humble as you can can get. 'We do - it was God... OUR God' is as egotistical as you can get.
Egotistical would be claiming that I made it not that I believe I have found the answer.

Old 08-31-2012, 10:36 AM

2,468 posts, read 3,131,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
How did your god Create His instantly complete and fully finished () Universe OUT OF NOTHING?
When was it fully finished?

Quote:
Are we talking about different "NOTHING" elements here? Godly versus Reality LEGO particles?
Rifleman, this is beyond socially accepted science articles of faith... are you sure you wanna go there?

Leibniz wrote that the basic elements of everything is what he called "monads" which are essentially perception...and "every present state of a simple substance (monad) is a natural consequence of its preceding state, in such a way that its present is pregnant with its future...

Now this interconnection, relationship, or this adaptation of all things to each particular one, and of each one to all the rest, brings it about that every simple substance has relations which express all the others and that it is consequently a perpetual living mirror of the universe."

I don't know about you, but to me, that is amazing to consider!
I don't understand everything... but I see evidence in my own life that thought/perception precedes e-motion/motive, which precedes manipulating things materially.

I have yet to explore this further... yet I theorize that those subatomic particles they've found in "nothing" (invisible/dark energy) are based in higher dimensions of infinite possibilities of infinite possible universes popping in & out of existence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality