Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2007, 02:11 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,509,987 times

Advertisements

Heavenly Father, I come to you today asking that you watch over and protect the miners trapped in the coal mine in Utah. I pray that if it be thy will, that these men will be rescued and returned to their families. I pray Lord that you will guide and protect the rescuers who are unselfishly putting their own lives in great danger..I ask Lord that you guide, direct and protect each and every one of this nations coal miners who risk their lives daily to provide for their families and for our nation....In the name of Jesus Christ, I pray...amen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2007, 02:17 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,269,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
Heavenly Father, I come to you today asking that you watch over and protect the miners trapped in the coal mine in Utah. I pray that if it be thy will, that these men will be rescued and returned to their families. I pray Lord that you will guide and protect the rescuers who are unselfishly putting their own lives in great danger..I ask Lord that you guide, direct and protect each and every one of this nations coal miners who risk their lives daily to provide for their families and for our nation....In the name of Jesus Christ, I pray...amen
Yes, I agree with that prayer. Amen.

Old 08-08-2007, 09:57 PM

1,130 posts, read 2,238,136 times
Red face It's me again

I'm asking again to please remember my daughter. Put her on your prayer list at church. She has went through $1,000 in the last 2 months and it was for beer and crack. It was her back payment for child support and she went in my house yesterday and took $175.00 in rolled quarters. Her rent, power bill,
court and lawyer fees are all due and DSS has left her a note on her door to get intouch with them. I have the grandchildren and I'm praying about what and how I'm suppose to deal with her. I tried to have her commited last week
but the Doctors turned her loose and she beat me home. Pray that I will stay in the Lords will and he will open her eyes and heart.
Hugs and Prayers to all.
thefer

Old 08-08-2007, 10:19 PM

Blue thanks for the pm I tried to send one back but it didn't work. I just have the girls at my house for now I'm working on it.

Old 08-09-2007, 08:04 PM

1,587 posts, read 3,911,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefer View Post
I'm asking again to please remember my daughter. Put her on your prayer list at church. She has went through $1,000 in the last 2 months and it was for beer and crack. It was her back payment for child support and she went in my house yesterday and took $175.00 in rolled quarters. Her rent, power bill,
court and lawyer fees are all due and DSS has left her a note on her door to get intouch with them. I have the grandchildren and I'm praying about what and how I'm suppose to deal with her. I tried to have her commited last week
but the Doctors turned her loose and she beat me home. Pray that I will stay in the Lords will and he will open her eyes and heart.
Hugs and Prayers to all.
thefer
Praying...let the Lord guide you...and let the Lord guide her. It's her choice and it's SO hard. I can't imagine the pain you must be going though. That's for posting this...I will pray.

Old 08-09-2007, 08:21 PM

Thank you for your prayers. DSS came and talked to her and she had us bring the girls to talk to them. They made us give them back to her and another man is comming out tomorrow to talk to us . I don't want to take them away from her I just want her to get help and to take care of them. Please pray I am doing the right thing and for a hedge of protection around my grandchildren.

Old 08-09-2007, 09:08 PM

Red face I'm so ashamed

Quote:
Originally Posted by george123 View Post
Please pray for these children. They live in Russia as orphans and need alot of love and care. Please pray that through it all they find God.

http://www.missiongrounds.com/images_mg/Picture2.gif
What beautiful childern. Dear Lord I come to you tonight in Jesus name asking you help these dear childern,open their little hearts and minds to Your mercy and grace.Please send Your children to take care of them and to lead them in Your ways. Forgive me for feeling sorry for myself and thank You for reminding me that You have everything in control. Bless all my new CD friends, You alone know all their needs. Help us all to serve You better. In Thy name I ask these things. Amen

Old 08-09-2007, 10:30 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,537,546 times
Default Dealing with cancer

I don't think anyone knows this, but the only reason I got on CD forum (about 6 months ago) was because I was off work for a week while my companion and godfather was being tested for lung spots which we thought was cancer. He is 74 and a cradle catholic. About a month ago, while we were on vacation he became very ill and has since been diagnosed with cancer.

He is closer to me than my own father and we live together. Ours is a totally non-sexual relationship. *(although sadly, a few "christians" have decided we were gay and not worthy of being christians. That is a whole thread in and of itself.) And he was the one who led me past my complete hatred for organized religion. I am now a catholic. I am also very non-judgemental towards all beliefs and atheists. *Just my way of living and believing.

Needless to say, we are going through some trying times as he is in chemo and radiation treatments. A while back, kawgz sent me a prayer after my mom passed away and I have now pretty much shied away from all social contacts except this forum. I am a hermit!

So, I just want everyone to know how much kawgz and Hoosier's posts have meant to me. Even tho I don't say it publicly. I have really enjoyed reading a few others on this forum who post in a way that is not full of hatred or narrowmindedness. I can't name them all, but usually read the forums and laugh and get a lift now and then.

I no longer hate cancer and have gotten past the crying jags. Now I am more accepting and living pretty much in the here and now. Life is good and our loved ones are precious.

I have to say cancer treatments are very hard on the human body. The spirit on the other hand is strong. Special thanks to the atheists who keep me grounded and the mormons for their faith in spite of the jeers from the pews! I love to read ya'lls religious debates. Makes me laugh at myself.

I know kawgz was not referring to me when she posted, but it felt like she was having one of her esp moments. You go, girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawgpz550 View Post
You're right Jazzed, I will be praying for them as well...it's very sad. Just shows us again how fragile life really is.

Also, I would like to ask for your prayers for something. This is kind of one of those anonymous prayers. I'm just going to say that there are things going (not in MY personal life, but it involves a lot of my "friends") that really needs God's intervention. Some of you may have an idea of what I am talking about, however, I don't want to elaborate...but prayers are really needed!

Thank you all for being so faithful!

Old 08-10-2007, 12:17 AM

2,800 posts, read 10,009,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
I don't think anyone knows this, but the only reason I got on CD forum (about 6 months ago) was because I was off work for a week while my companion and godfather was being tested for lung spots which we thought was cancer. He is 74 and a cradle catholic. About a month ago, while we were on vacation he became very ill and has since been diagnosed with cancer.

He is closer to me than my own father and we live together. Ours is a totally non-sexual relationship. *(although sadly, a few "christians" have decided we were gay and not worthy of being christians. That is a whole thread in and of itself.) And he was the one who led me past my complete hatred for organized religion. I am now a catholic. I am also very non-judgemental towards all beliefs and atheists. *Just my way of living and believing.

Needless to say, we are going through some trying times as he is in chemo and radiation treatments. A while back, kawgz sent me a prayer after my mom passed away and I have now pretty much shied away from all social contacts except this forum. I am a hermit!

So, I just want everyone to know how much kawgz and Hoosier's posts have meant to me. Even tho I don't say it publicly. I have really enjoyed reading a few others on this forum who post in a way that is not full of hatred or narrowmindedness. I can't name them all, but usually read the forums and laugh and get a lift now and then.

I no longer hate cancer and have gotten past the crying jags. Now I am more accepting and living pretty much in the here and now. Life is good and our loved ones are precious.

I have to say cancer treatments are very hard on the human body. The spirit on the other hand is strong. Special thanks to the atheists who keep me grounded and the mormons for their faith in spite of the jeers from the pews! I love to read ya'lls religious debates. Makes me laugh at myself.

I know kawgz was not referring to me when she posted, but it felt like she was having one of her esp moments. You go, girl.
Oh Redbird, that was so sweet of you! I am so glad to hear that, even though some things seem so very tough for you right now, you have your head up and are looking at the positives! I am also happy to hear that you haven't lost faith!
I will be keeping you in my prayers as well. Take care and pm me ANYTIME you need someone to talk to.

Dear Lord, you know the many petitions on this forum, some spoken, some not. I lift each and every one of them up to you. I pray for thefer's daughter, Lord, You know the needs there. Please bring her daughter back to You.
Please comfort thefer and help her take care of those dear little children. Keep the children safe and strong and happy.

Lord, I also lift up Redbird to you. You know his needs. I pray for his companion and that you will comfort him while going through this very trying time. Keep both of their spirits up and their focus on You! I also ask that you alleviate the discomfort of the treatments that he is going through. Lord, I praise you for giving our doctors the brains and the resources to work such wonders in the hopes of giving us all longer lives. Keep Redbird under Your wing and guide him and help him to grow stronger in you. I thank you for Redbird's persistence in reading the forum and enlightening him. May we all be a little ray of sunshine in his life.
These things I ask and pray in Your Son's glorious name...AMEN!

Old 08-10-2007, 12:33 AM

1,587 posts, read 3,911,336 times
Redbird,
I like so many others have had cancer in our family. I pray that you would be comforted during this time and that God would bring healing to your companion and wisdom to the doctors.

Thanks for posting that...it was great to read!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality