Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2007, 01:41 AM

688 posts, read 2,836,459 times

Advertisements

Hey you all.......I've not been on here too much lately, but I've been trying to peek in once in a while. I thought I'd stop by the good ol' Religion forum and see what's up! Seems pretty much the same!

Anyway, I was hoping to stop here in this thread to state that right now, I'm feeling a little down. My hubby has been in Florida all week and is coming home this afternoon [yes, it's 3:30 in the morn right now....can't sleep!] and even with the full effort put forth, sadly did not find employment as we'd hoped. I'm feeling sad about this, because we've been trying to relocate there and want to before winter hits here again. We've been sending out his resumes, and extensively job searching since April! Have only had a couple phone interviews and went down there with one interview and a second phone interview. We thought if he took the chance, coughed up the moolah for a plane ride down and went out face to face with people, he would have a better go at it......sadly, he's returning without a hope of a new life in sunny, Florida.

I feel we need prayer on this matter. God knows our desires. I'm not sure if God is just saying to us, wait.....or if He's saying stay put, you're supposed to be where you are. So, please, my friends, pray for my family. Thanks and God Bless you all!

LuLu
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2007, 03:19 AM

2,800 posts, read 10,009,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuLu108 View Post
Hey you all.......I've not been on here too much lately, but I've been trying to peek in once in a while. I thought I'd stop by the good ol' Religion forum and see what's up! Seems pretty much the same!

Anyway, I was hoping to stop here in this thread to state that right now, I'm feeling a little down. My hubby has been in Florida all week and is coming home this afternoon [yes, it's 3:30 in the morn right now....can't sleep!] and even with the full effort put forth, sadly did not find employment as we'd hoped. I'm feeling sad about this, because we've been trying to relocate there and want to before winter hits here again. We've been sending out his resumes, and extensively job searching since April! Have only had a couple phone interviews and went down there with one interview and a second phone interview. We thought if he took the chance, coughed up the moolah for a plane ride down and went out face to face with people, he would have a better go at it......sadly, he's returning without a hope of a new life in sunny, Florida.

I feel we need prayer on this matter. God knows our desires. I'm not sure if God is just saying to us, wait.....or if He's saying stay put, you're supposed to be where you are. So, please, my friends, pray for my family. Thanks and God Bless you all!

LuLu
Lulu!!!!! I am so glad to see you!!!!! I miss seeing you on here!!!

You know, you have to kind of look at it from the same perspective that I am . We've been trying to get things sold here in Arizona so that we can move to Texas. The rental we are trying to sell has been on the market for about a year now . We need the money from that to fix up our house to sell. I know that the market is SLOW right now, however, I am trying to look at it as if our "perfect" home in Texas hasn't been put on the market yet, and that is WHY things aren't going quite according as planned .
Maybe this is what's happening to YOU! Maybe the "perfect" job isn't quite there yet! You KNOW that God does have a plan. It's just SOOOOOO HARD to be patient enough to wait. We want it in OUR TIME! We want it NOW! However, God really does know what is best for us. If it IS God's will for you to move, it WILL happen! The "perfect" job WILL come available! If it isn't God's will, you must come to the same realization that I have and figure it must not be His will, at least not quite yet.

I will be praying for you! I will pray for God's will to be done and that you will find comfort in knowing that He has a plan!

Lots of love!

Old 08-12-2007, 03:10 PM

2,136 posts, read 4,789,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuLu108 View Post

LuLu

LuLu,
What part of FL are you hoping to move to and what type of work does your husband hope to find? I don't know if this info is allowed, so if not, and you would like, PM me.
Weather...

Old 08-12-2007, 03:18 PM

2,136 posts, read 4,789,218 times
Hello, all.

I am back at home and wanted to say thank you all for your prayers for safe travel. I made it to my mother's house around 7AM and the children slept the whole way. Traveled home yesterday. Left earlier (around 4), I just wanted to be home. I prayed for patience and God was gracious. There were many times during the trip that the noise level was rediculous, yet I was calm. For the most part, the kids were just being kids but boy was it LOUD. Arrived home arouned 1AM. I think that I must have flown on angel's wings. We made it home much too quickly. But safe and without speeding fines.

As always, I will continue to pray for your needs.

God bless us all.

Weather...

Old 08-12-2007, 03:20 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,668,858 times
So very glad to see you arrived safely. Yeah, kids can be a tad bit loud at times...I was glad when my trip ended, my hearing was very sensative for a couple of days.

Old 08-12-2007, 10:27 PM

2,800 posts, read 10,009,701 times
Happy to see you back Weather! I am glad everything went well. I have kids too and know all to well about the NOISE level . Glad you made it through!

Old 08-13-2007, 07:56 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,512,386 times
Heavenly Father, once again, I humbly come to you in prayer for the Utah miners whose fate is known only to you. Dear Lord, whatever their fate is I pray that you will keep the family members within your loving arms of comfort. I pray that you will give the people who are ministering to them the words and prayers to sustain their faith as they await news of their husbands, brothers and sons. Protect the rescuers as they make a pathway through the rubble in hopes of rescuing their fellow miners..In Jesus name...amen

Dear Lord, I thank you for watching over and keeping my grandson and other family members safe as they enter the coal mines each day. I praise you Lord for the faith my grandson has in you, that he is not ashaned to ask your blessings for himself and his brothers before they go underground each day..In Jesus name..amen

Last edited by Miss Blue; 08-13-2007 at 08:04 PM.. Reason: content

Old 08-13-2007, 08:31 PM

688 posts, read 2,836,459 times
thanks Weather.........I'm pm-ing you right now.

Old 08-13-2007, 09:34 PM

23,016 posts, read 34,387,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariapangikas View Post
I am a Godly Christain Woman who receivied news about my temp job they let me go and I am having a tough time trusting God for my Finaces. i have not been able to fullfill the desires of my heart due to finances.Any words of encouragement from the body?
Psalm 37:4 " Take delight in the Lord and He will give you your hearts desires".
To commit ourselves to the Lord means entrusting everything,our lives, families, jobs, possessions to His control and guidance. Wait patiently for Him to work out what is best.

Old 08-14-2007, 07:32 AM

3,927 posts, read 8,668,858 times
Oh Heavenly Father,

I come to you this morning, full of love and happiness, realizing that You have put both into my heart. I thank You for all things, great and small that have been achieved by this forum. I feel Your presence working with many of my fellow cd'ers. I lift each person up to You and ask You to fill their need, answer their prayer, and shower them with your everlasting love.

You know our hearts, Oh Father, You know our troubles and our needs, I ask for peace and comfort for those who need it. I ask for healing and hope for my dear friends, and for intervention for their lives.

Heavenly Father, all things are possible by Your grace, and the love you have for us, shown by your sacrifice in your only son, Jesus Christ, our savior.

I praise You for creating our wonderful earth, the stars and moon, all things below, the plants and animals and we, humans. Thank you for life, and for all the people who touch our lives.

Your grace and blessings have been poured out to each of us and we abide in Your love. I lift my eyes heavenward, knowing one day I will be kneeling at Your feet, unworthy to even be there, yet knowing I am secure by the blood of the lamb.

Thank you Oh Lord, for your kindness and favor. In your name, Amen.

Last edited by aiangel_writer; 08-14-2007 at 07:34 AM.. Reason: spelling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality