Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 04:54 PM

5,298 posts, read 4,595,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Question: If homosexuality is a "defect" did God make a mistake on the child who is born with a heart defect?

No. The child was supposed to be born according to Gods will. God wanted that defect in the child. Why, I have no idea. A defect is an imperfection, and God definitely wanted imperfection all throughout humanity. He wanted people who were both confused about their sexuality and people who are perverted in their sexuality, and all mixtures of the two. God is racking up evidence of how humans would live without him. And really I think God did not personally create homosexuality, but he allowed it to establish itself in the human genome system and that we just naturally go wild in all the areas of pleasure in human life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2013, 05:08 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,525,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
No. The child was supposed to be born according to Gods will. God wanted that defect in the child. Why, I have no idea. A defect is an imperfection, and God definitely wanted imperfection all throughout humanity. He wanted people who were both confused about their sexuality and people who are perverted in their sexuality, and all mixtures of the two. God is racking up evidence of how humans would live without him. And really I think God did not personally create homosexuality, but he allowed it to establish itself in the human genome system and that we just naturally go wild in all the areas of pleasure in human life.
Mickiel, I am a believer in God, but he is not all hung up on gleefully creating babieswith heart defects, or allowing sexual preferences just to watch his creation "go naturally wild in all areas of pleasure" (your words). Good Lord, honey, do you reread what you write?

Old 02-06-2013, 05:44 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,210,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
And the day this country wakes up and grants equal rights to ALL citizens, gays and lesbians (made just the way God wanted them to be ) will be able to marry the person they love and all the people who are oh, so worried about such things won't have to preach about gays having sex outside of marriage. They can find something else to shake their fingers at. The LGBT community will no longer be the victims of some rather breath-taking intolerance.

Yay!
All people already have the same exact rights. To create a form of marriage explicitly for gay people would be to create a new right based on a sexual preference or choice. That is discrimination against the rest of us that don't like to be with people of the same gender.

Old 02-06-2013, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
Mickiel, I am a believer in God, but he is not all hung up on gleefully creating babieswith heart defects, or allowing sexual preferences just to watch his creation "go naturally wild in all areas of pleasure" (your words). Good Lord, honey, do you reread what you write?
How do you know this? What makes your opinion any more valid than anyone else's?

Old 02-06-2013, 06:04 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,210,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
That is discrimination against the rest of us that don't like to be with people of the same gender.
Hmmm.... If you think marriage equality would lead to discrimination against you I'd suggest a call to the Southern Poverty Law Center to enlist their help.

Stay on hold until they've finished laughing.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 02-06-2013 at 06:33 PM..

Old 02-06-2013, 06:23 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,660,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
for men on the website, Grindr.

Christian Post Blogger Who Wrote About 'Leaving Homosexuality' Found Cruising for Dudes on Grindr

"A self-proclaimed "ex-gay" blogger who wrote extensively for the Christian Post about "coming out of the homosexual lifestyle" was recently discovered seeking the companionship of other men on the popular gay geosocial networking app Grindr."
I know from 28 years in the industry that people are REEEEEEEALLY into their sexual fetishes...whatever those fetishes may be.
It gets to the point where they almost can't get aroused enough to perform without the mental stimulation of the fetish.

From a physical standpoint..."sex" is all just friction centered on a couple square inches of the body: Blindfold people and it's pretty much all the same thing physically.
The rest...which is the major "human" part of it...is the "headtrips" people have about what "trips their trigger" to "get them turned on".
Once you get outside of "mainstream" sex...it's all "fetish".
"Homosex" is just another fetish.

Saying that newborn babies have some innate "built in" idea of what will turn them on sexually later in life is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard.
The religious dogma that rallies against it...that proclaims some theologically based "objective morality" that deems it to be "sin", is just as ridiculous...but so prevalent, that it gets many to deny their fetish for homosex so as to avoid the criticism.

That dude from the link just needs to go with what turns him on...and as long as it all between consenting adults...unload the guilt-trip that is keeping him from enjoying his life to the fullest extent. Have a blast Dude!

Old 02-06-2013, 06:26 PM

1,807 posts, read 1,893,977 times
Quote:
All people already have the same exact rights. To create a form of marriage explicitly for gay people would be to create a new right based on a sexual preference or choice. That is discrimination against the rest of us that don't like to be with people of the same gender.
You know, in India prior to 1950, there was a caste of people known as 'Untouchables'. They weren't allowed to drink from the same well as the other, 'higher' caste. They also did the work that were considered too 'unclean' for anyone else to handle -- hauling away corpses, cleaning latrine pits, skinning animal carcasses.

Tea houses used separate glasses and utensils, and they weren't even allowed to walk on the same path as a member of the 'higher' caste.

Are we, then, to create a similar system here? Will we eventually create a 'class' of people to whom the rights and freedoms of this country no longer apply?

I weep at the thought.

Old 02-06-2013, 06:29 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,213,996 times
Quote:
Nobody I know is advocating a form of marriage explicitly for gay people.

We/they are advocating they have the same right to marriage as non-gay people.

I see no discrimination there.

Old 02-06-2013, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Nobody I know is advocating a form of marriage explicitly for gay people.
So the "gay marriage" that the media, and the president recently advocated for doesn't exist?
Quote:
We/they are advocating they have the same right to marriage as non-gay people.
They already have the exact same rights.

Old 02-06-2013, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredNotBob View Post
You know, in India prior to 1950, there was a caste of people known as 'Untouchables'. They weren't allowed to drink from the same well as the other, 'higher' caste. They also did the work that were considered too 'unclean' for anyone else to handle -- hauling away corpses, cleaning latrine pits, skinning animal carcasses.

Tea houses used separate glasses and utensils, and they weren't even allowed to walk on the same path as a member of the 'higher' caste.

Are we, then, to create a similar system here? Will we eventually create a 'class' of people to whom the rights and freedoms of this country no longer apply?

I weep at the thought.
No. Keep it as is. Your silly notions aside, gay people are hardly discriminated against today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality