Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2013, 12:03 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,256,164 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
Is this person serious???
Yes. Pathetic, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
The majority isn't always right but it feels good when our side is on the majority
And I expect that majority to grow and for there to be an even larger spread between those who support marriage equality and the dinosaurs who resist it.

Old 03-24-2013, 12:37 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
...snip....

And I expect that majority to grow and for there to be an even larger spread between those who support marriage equality and the dinosaurs who resist it.
Amen and hallelujah.

Old 03-24-2013, 12:38 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,195,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Yes. Pathetic, huh?

There is no inequality. I'm not aware of anyone ever being asked if they are gay when they apply for a marriage certificate.

Old 03-24-2013, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Actually, you do. You just choose to interpret what you think is 'sinful' and what is not and what you think your version of "God" wants or doesn't want.

In my opinion, you are not following what I think were the teachings of Christ. In your opinion, gay and lesbian people are not.

Christ never said a word about gay and lesbian people, but the gospels say that he said a lot of words about loving one another as you would love yourself (ie love, acceptance, and empathy).
No....I'm not better than anyone else.

But as for Jesus addressing it? He is God. He wrote the Bible. He also affirmed the Law--and he fulfilled the Law. The Mosaic Law includes a lot about homosexual activity.

Old 03-24-2013, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Yes, I can. To me, it can be seen as one of the functions of a well developed and integrated frontal cortex. A sense of "we" rather than just "me". Empathy for others.

I'm open to the idea of some sort of universal consciousness that we are all a part of, but I don't see it as necessary for 'morality'.

The Biblical 'God' to me, is just a replacement for a parental figure for many people, so they feel a sense of safety- much like a child.
I've asked you and the others this.....but how do we define what is "moral", and "immoral". Do you have a definition for that? What it really comes down to is just your opinion.

Old 03-24-2013, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
There is no inequality. I'm not aware of anyone ever being asked if they are gay when they apply for a marriage certificate.
This one again?

Yawn....

Old 03-24-2013, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
This one again?

Yawn....
Sorry if the truth bothers you.

Old 03-24-2013, 12:43 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,256,164 times
Quote:
Ah, yes, that stupid old argument that gays have as much right to marry as straights - as long as they marry someone of the opposite sex.

Stick a fork in it - that's a ridiculous argument and those who continue to spew that crap look as ridiculous as the argument itself.

Marriage equality is here and it is here to stay and it will continue to expand beyond the nine states and the District of Columbia.

Get over it.

Old 03-24-2013, 12:59 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,327,358 times
Quote:
I did not read through the whole thread, but what is with the Christians' obsession with sexual preference?
Why aren't they picketing outside of courthouses to people getting divorce, or trying to ban divorce? Is that just not controversial enough? It's just as bad according to your bible.

They should be picketing their churches, demanding that a man must marry his brother's widow!

Deuteronomy 25:5-6

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

5 “When brothers live together and one of them dies and has no son, the wife of the deceased shall not be married outside the family to a strange man. Her husband’s brother shall go in to her and take her to himself as wife and perform the duty of a husband’s brother to her. 6 It shall be that the firstborn whom she bears shall [a]assume the name of his dead brother, so that his name will not be blotted out from Israel

But Noooooo! Keep obsessing about the gays....

Old 03-24-2013, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Sorry if the truth bothers you.
Deliberate obtuseness hardly equates with truth-telling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality