Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2013, 07:08 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,615,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Haven't seen that photo in years. The photographer committed suicide not long after he took it. He was criticized for taking pictures rather than helping the girl (but that wasn't necessarily the reason for his suicide).

Just FYI, the girl is trying to make her way toward a place beyond the range of the camera where food and water is being given out.
Obviously not enough, poor thing. Comforting to know though and appreciated. I do hope more goes into helping others than prayer though. It didn't when my dad was ill, nobody offered a hand, just a prayer. I see this often. I do hope, since we all agree prayer doesn't always work the way Theists want, we all regard others in life as responsibilities. We all actually help out our fellow humans, not just pray for them.

Old 04-03-2013, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I appreciated it, as I had not heard that information before, thanks.

Some here are so testy, just itching to always argue
I think some don't appreciate a point missed or dismissed. The point is still a valid one, it's nice to know she was by some food but looking at her, it's not nearly enough.

Old 04-03-2013, 08:31 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,698,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
Ew, I'm disgusted by this view of murder being the same as eating shell-fish, and murder being likened to a lesser crime.

For one thing, AmaziJon, didn't think it was extraordinary that this lady was fully and continually impure through out her "saying things for God since he doesn't say them himself and hides instead" phase. In fact, because she fits the profile of con-people is the only reason AJ mentioned these unmiraculous methods of how she handled her own life.

Neither did AmaziJon say that a Muslim sinner or a devout Satanist can't perform miracles, but AJ only meant that if such a cult leader kept money and jewels hidden for themselves, had adulterous affairs with the targets and employees, was dismissed and attacked by a number of their very own close followers, and wasn't even able to perform a miracle when it would have actually been most useful to, then they fit the historical stereotype of a con-person, who often take their con to the very grave.

Neither do I think AJ is in the same boat as that, as far as I can tell, unrepentent and unpunished demon of a women. Plus, you can't tell whether or not AJ is making his baby calf sacrifices to Yahweh or not.

Neither do I think, like you seem to, that murder is the same as lying which is the same as steeling which is the same as rape. In fact, Yahweh seems to ask that Jews treat each crime differently, so it is odd that you would think that, dusting, or leaving an open bible around is the same as reading it. If sin is sin, and to God killing 1000 Christians is the same as stealing a candy bar from a wealthy slave-owner... then I guess you don't believe in the arguments against Sodom and Gomorrah, God must have been either unfair to them or a random punisher.

If the sin of presumption is so great, then why do you deny agnosticism? You seem very presumptuous about this women, so much so that it seems to consume you with hatred that anyone would ever question her motives or your deductive skills.

Plus, I think AJ meant to show that this women was a continuous (and thus unrepentant) hypocrite, not giving away all she had, nor relying on the father for sustenance, but saving up material wealth and rewarding the loyalty of her friends and employees instead of supporting the poor and needy as Jesus commanded.

Furthermore, though it is not a sin to die, it is a sin to commit suicide (although perhaps not according to the Bible) and this women -- through not healing her self -- committed suicide. Or Shiva punished her for her evil deeds.

The argument is the same argument Christians give against those they don't like nor trust.

I myself have been healed many times, just by waiting around for it. And I've been inspired many times, simply by taking a breath or by noticing the inspiration around me even from godless trees and pencil factories.

Wait a Second, "the worst sin" "a great sin" I thought you said sins were equal, looks like you are contradicting yourself as those of any religion or non-religion often do. The worst sin comes about through wagging your tongue, or speaking your mind? I don't think so. Blasphemy against not the Father, nor the Son, but only Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit? Might as well commit suicide then... wait, so now you are going to bend-over backwards to pretend that suicide is blasphemy against the holy sprite? Then EVERY SIN and HYPOCRISY is Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit... especially that "great" sin of anti-agnosticism.

You are like a jester, and your ideas and comments make me laugh just like the ideas of Hindus and Muslims make me laugh.

I think AJ pointed out that you misspelled her name because it gives credence to the possibility that you didn't know her as well as you think you did, and also in order that people might have her name correctly and thus find better information about her faster.

Jesus himself ORDERED his followers to be like little children, so I guess AJ is in the right track... what happened to you Jeeperz? did you murder that 3-year old inside? Will your Yahweh ever resurrect that 3-year old that is no longer with us?

Does Prayer not work for faithful Muslims? Jews? Hindus? ... they say it does for them, especially the older ones. It is interesting that you say these things, for every dog seems to never be let down by their masters. God says don't eat shell-fish, is your diet on par with God's standard?

Luke 4:12, Jesus answers to the Enemy (who was testing him to prove him wrong) that people say not to put God to the test, and so he isn't going to eitherAll in all, most of the believes and needs of the religious seldom make sense to me, I think they might need to grow up into me... but that last part is sarcasm, of course.
Thank you LT. It's not rocket science, is it? Those who naively believe in these "faith healers" are who keep them in business, taking advantage of the ignorance of their audiences.

Old 04-03-2013, 08:50 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,339,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
??????

I merely offered information about a Pulitzer-prize winning, famous photograph that younger people might not know. There was no hidden meaning in my post and no reason for you to snarl.
I felt that by you saying "Well, there was food and water being given out just out of range" was minimizing the horror that the photo conveyed. If that wasn't your intent, I apologize. In any case, that sort of thing is being played out in parts of the world every single day.
My point was that to pray for a parking spot is the height of arrogance, IMHO. Even when I was a believer, I never would have prayed for minutiae like that. I would think that God is so busy patrolling universes or whatever he does, to bother him with stuff like that.
With all the jabbering about free will, a person can't even drive around the block without beseeching for divine intervention?

Old 04-03-2013, 09:09 PM

140 posts, read 132,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew39abc View Post
My bible says in John 9:31, "Now we know that God heareth not sinners; but if any man be a worshiper of God and doeth his will him he heareth." My bible also says in 1st John 3:6 "Whoso abideth in him sinneth not; whosoever sineth hath not seen him neither hath known him." The reason why man's prayers are not answered is because of sin. Man has to repent and give up sin. Romans 6:18 "Being then made free from sin ye become the servants of righteousness." (Jesus) Romans 6:20 "For when ye where the servants of sin ye where free from righteousness."

Romans 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death..(Hell fire and brimstone is the payment for being a sinner and not born again) 1st

John 3:8 "He that commith sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning: For this purpose was the Son of God manifested that he might destroy the works of the devil." Man are doing the devil's dirty work sinning. Jesus told people was to go and sin no more.

John 5:14": Afterward Jesus findeth him in the temple, and said unto him, Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee.

John 15:3 "Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you." Only the bible can give you the power to sin not.

1st Cor 15:34": Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame.

Amen sin not was preached when Moses was around

Exodus 20:"20": And Moses said unto the people, Fear not: for God is come to prove you, and that his fear may be before your faces, that ye sin not.

Prayer has everything to do with doing what the bible says.

2nd Kings 20:3": I beseech thee, O LORD, remember now how I have walked before thee in truth and with a perfect heart, and have done that which is good in thy sight. And Hezekiah wept sore.

Amen so get n your Gospel of Christ the King James bible
Galations 2:17": But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid.

It is hard to have one hand in the devil's and the other with God you can't serve sin and Jesus at the same time. You have to give up one to gain the other.

Proverbs 13:15": Good understanding giveth favour: but the way of transgressors is hard.

James 2:19": Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
Believing in God don't impress anybody the devils also believe as well, we have to believe on his word.

John 7:"38": He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

John 14:24": He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

Galatians 2:
Simple - straight forward and 100% TRUTH!

For those that spout "free" will; there is no such thing; That type reasoning contradicts the bible.

If man's will was "free" then Romans chapter 7 verses 14 - 28 would have never been written. Those are not the words of a man whose will was "free"

If that cliche were true; Then Ephesians 6 would have never been written either - We wrestle not against flesh & blood - but against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Edmund Spencer wrote:

Avoiding Truth;

There is a principle that is a bar against all information,
Which is proof against all argument;
and which cannot fail to keep man in everlasting ignorance;
That principle is condemnation before investigation

Old 04-03-2013, 09:23 PM

109 posts, read 360,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Pure lunacy and sickness brought forth for all to see. Thank You!

As I aptly pointed out in post #138........

Nah, in the minds of fundies like JeeperZ, it is God's will that the child like the one in the picture is suffering. Don't you see, it is part of God's punishment for the countries in Africa and other regions of the globe for being so godless (as in, not worshipping their god). Starvation, floods, sicknesses and epidemics, and other natural disasters are God's way of punishing the wicked (aka anyone other than the types of people similar to JeeperZ).

Above is one of JeeperZ's like thinkers...... Beyond pathetic.
Glad your not talking about me because what I say has been printed and preached and is made public long before USA Today or New York Times newspaper.
The bible is public.

2nd Peter 3:15] And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;
[16] As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction."

When you go against the bible you are going against Jesus Christ. You are wrestling the scriptures to your own destruction. Just arguing against God. Ask the people who got washed out by the flood in Noah's day they wrestled against Noah even the very day it rained. Not one baby or parent went into the Ark. Just Noah and his family.

Old 04-03-2013, 10:57 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,216,558 times
Quote:
Glad your not talking about me because what I say has been printed and preached and is made public long before USA Today or New York Times newspaper.
The bible is public.

2nd Peter 3:15] And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;
[16] As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction."

When you go against the bible you are going against Jesus Christ. You are wrestling the scriptures to your own destruction. Just arguing against God. Ask the people who got washed out by the flood in Noah's day they wrestled against Noah even the very day it rained. Not one baby or parent went into the Ark. Just Noah and his family.
I'm glad that Andrew and JeeperZ have found each other here on CD forums. It's darn moving when two soul sisters join and spread their brand of the Word.

Old 04-03-2013, 11:29 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,074,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeperZ View Post
Simple - straight forward and 100% TRUTH!

For those that spout "free" will; there is no such thing; That type reasoning contradicts the bible.

If man's will was "free" then Romans chapter 7 verses 14 - 28 would have never been written. Those are not the words of a man whose will was "free"

If that cliche were true; Then Ephesians 6 would have never been written either - We wrestle not against flesh & blood - but against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Edmund Spencer wrote:

Avoiding Truth;

There is a principle that is a bar against all information,
Which is proof against all argument;
and which cannot fail to keep man in everlasting ignorance;
That principle is condemnation before investigation
you guys are too much. The inky idol will do nothing for you except allow you to pretend not to be pretentious. You must read the Buddhist Tripitaka with Faith and LOVE of Buddhism, before you can condemn you brothers to your Bramajala. Plus, what's to say Your ilk will not be thrown out with the thistles by Lord Shiva? it would be a tearful injustice if holy places were desecrated with such presences as you currently expose.

What have you investigated... nothing, you haven't even begun to scratch the surface. The principle of ignorance is bowing to inky idols before you know of whence they came and who put them together and how, and who edits them, and how the reader is the ultimate interpreter, and what sort of evils they've inspired and continue to... as evidenced.

Old 04-03-2013, 11:58 PM

Quote:
The bible is public.

Them and that boy who cried wolf. Dang it!

Old 04-04-2013, 12:16 AM

140 posts, read 132,939 times
Thank You - Andrew39abc for speaking the simple truth!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality