Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 01:36 PM

2,826 posts, read 2,367,893 times

Advertisements

Yay, we just need 15 more votes to make it law (nah, I just made it up).

Quote:
Many are saying that they have been hurt by religion so....hurt people, hurt people.
It's Christian bash or nothing and every theist/deist is a Christian here, that helps to keep the us vs. them (total strangers) mentality.
Yea, I know about being hurt. I was in a cult about two years ago, as a nasty side effect from touring the country (stay the **** away from Valley Center, CA or the Twelve Tribes). As a result of having exposure to a bunch of religions due to tons of world religion classes, I did a sort of roll-your-own religion. Due to heavy Shinto, Wiccan, and Taoist influences mixed with initial Christianity it was originally sort of peace and love and nature "hippy" religion (technically, I'm under Pantheist). But after that, it got pretty heavily centered toward boundaries, and not controlling others or being controlled.

(Type in Mune Shinri authorstream into a search engine if you wanna check it out. I have trouble with links in this forum.)

Weird, Arequipa, so many atheists I've met tried to tell me that atheism definitely was not a belief. No, I agree with you, it's just kinda strange (and refreshing) to actually hear it.

Old 05-20-2013, 08:50 PM

1,807 posts, read 1,891,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
Animism is not Paganism. Belonging to a cult/sect is not Christianity, Judaism, or Muslim. Then there are tribal religions, personal religions (I've got my own). Taoism isn't Buddhism, and it isn't Paganism. Who do I talk to about adding an Other section to religion?
To be perfectly honest, this is why it took so long to have a separate 'Pagan' section open; it was simply going to open the door to 'why is there no (insert section here)' requests.

Fact of the matter is, it's impractical to create a separate section for all of the world's three-thousand-plus religions. An 'Other' section, while admittedly useful, would mean a lot of arguments on what exactly 'Other' means.

Old 05-21-2013, 12:37 AM

10,529 posts, read 6,164,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredNotBob View Post

Fact of the matter is, it's impractical to create a separate section for all of the world's three-thousand-plus religions. An 'Other' section, while admittedly useful, would mean a lot of arguments on what exactly 'Other' means.
Or indeed non- religions. I tell you there was a thread 'atheist v agnostic' recently, which raged on for 20 pages with people arguing the definitions between the two.

I'd like a 'Humanist' sub section please, if anybody is listening.
(It's a very exclusive group. I think it might be just me so far as I can tell )

Old 05-21-2013, 04:01 AM

7,996 posts, read 12,273,833 times
This thread needs to be posted "About The Forum" as it would be better answered there. It is up to the Administrator to decide what subforms would or would not be addded.

~June
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality