Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 08:21 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,271,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtohouston View Post
Thanks for the kind words kaykay. I do love my children they are just very trying right now. I think I need some time away from them just an hour or two. I stay at home with them and I just never seem to get away from here. I am either dealing with them or cleaning. Woo HOO. I think I have just hit a breaking point here, ya know.
Yeah, they can definitely be trying! I only had ONE and as I said, I had some times "I HAD to go shopping!" Of course, by the time he reached the "make me pull my hair out stage of life" he was a teen-ager, so I could just hop in the car and leave for awhile! Yours are still too little to do that with! Is there any way you can get a break? I assume you don't live close to family anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2007, 08:25 AM

2,489 posts, read 7,212,794 times
Well here is the kicker, I do have family sorta close. One aunt and uncle live on the north side of Houston an hour away. They are way busy and are never home. I have an aunt and uncle who live 10 min. away but she had 7 kids and swore she would never babysit again once they were outta the house. (Dont know her real well as I never saw her growing up so can't ask her. Also her house is not kid friendly at all anymore) I do have various cousins around here but as I didn't really know them growing up, I don't feel comfortable asking them either. (They all have 2 and 3 kids of their own to deal with) So yes I don't really have family around here .

Old 11-28-2007, 08:27 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,512,386 times
Movingtohouston..First of all, I want you to know that what you are going through with the older kids is the "emergence of hormonal change" ..I get shaky just remembering my four at that age..I know that you think a smoke will calm you down..It will appear to calm you down while you are smoking only because you think it will. We have convinced ourselves that the cigarette is our friend..not so..Even after 10 months of being "clean" I find myself still thinking "I need a cigarette", when stress, or anger builds up.. The next time you think a smoke will calm you down use the time out that you make to smoke a cigarette to do something else.. Maybe go to another room, read a few pages of a book ,or straighten the dresser, anything that takes your mind off the current situation..My best advice is to come here and post, even if you don't get an immediate reply at least you can read some of the other posts I can sympathise with the not having time for your hubby and friends, most mothers have been there and done that when they had no friends or family to share babysitting with..If you are going to church, ask about a sitter there..Have your hubby ask at work..This may sound stupid, but why not plan an "at home date" with the hubby? All kinds of relaxing things, a late night dinner,a video, just sharing a conversation about anything except kids and work.. Lots of creative ideas to think about here..And it beats smoking

Old 11-28-2007, 08:47 AM

2,489 posts, read 7,212,794 times
Thanks blue, you are right, I do think Puberty is rearing its ugly head. I am so not ready for teenagers. I have nightmares just thinking about it. As for an at home date, tried kids just won't cooperate. By the time I get the two year old asleep, its so late and we are so drained that we just go to bed. That is what is making it so hard. I just keep telling myself its got to get better right?

Old 11-28-2007, 08:53 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,162,101 times
Moving..... don't let those two cigarettes mess you up. Just start again! (I haven't been there yet so I'm going by what I have heard you're supposed to do - let me know if it works! :-)) ).

I agree with Blue. Just come in here and type away. Gosh, that is helping me big time.

You need to get a sitter for the little one during the day, while the others are at school and just go do something different for yourself. Can you join a gym? Lots of them have free baby sitting while you "exercise", and the exercising is really good for you too.

As far as your oldest, smart azz son: take some DUCT TAPE. Let him chew on that for a while. :-))

Old 11-28-2007, 09:03 AM

3,927 posts, read 8,668,858 times
LOL, can understand completely with the back talk. I have a 20 year old and a 14 year old, so also know about the fighting. The very best Christmas present you can give not only to yourself but to your whole family is to start now and find a wonderful babysitter. seriously, if mom is destressed, it spreads to the whole family.

Start now and interview if you have to, but find someone where you can take your children to. When the older is at school, take at least one day per week to put the other with the babysitter and you have a day to de-stress and unwind.

As far as no time with hubby, my wonderful man is a severe work-a-holic. So, to combat not having any time with him except for work related issues, I scheduled Friday nights as our date night. I found a sitter when the kids were younger and stuck to it. We would and still do go out to dinner, if we happen to want to go to a movie, we go. Whatever you can afford, and sounds great to where you two can have some time to talk, flirt, and just basically get to know one another again without kids can really change your marriage and your stress levels can go down so much.

It is not selfish of you to want this time, it is necessary for you to be a great mom and wife to demand the time. It will do wonders for everyone, I know, I am living proof of it.

Don't fret over relapsing with the cigarettes either, just move on and continue to be strong and realize that today is a new day.

blessings to you..aiangel

Old 11-28-2007, 09:43 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,889,065 times
You guys are awesome.

This is a great thread.

Keep up the hard work and moving, don't beat yourself up too bad. Just get back in the saddle and keep working!

Old 11-28-2007, 10:34 AM

3,927 posts, read 8,668,858 times
check in time:..

I have only had 3 cigarettes today! Whippie, yippie, oh my..I feel good...

Am on track today to have a great day again. I might be a bit ahead of my goals which is just a wonderful feeling. This afternoon I have to attend a meeting which from all accounts will last quite a while considering how many people are involved, at least four major towns and several water districts, so attorneys for all these tend to lead me to believe there will be a whole lotta wind er words being spoken drawing this meeting out for a while.

Good news? it means no smoking time which means I will again cut my consumption down today. HOw bout that for a great outlook today. Yet, they might drive me to smoke! so I ask for many prayers today for a level headed meeting of the minds.

blesssings aiangel

Last edited by aiangel_writer; 11-28-2007 at 10:36 AM.. Reason: forgot to mention that I had only 3 cigarettes today. :)

Old 11-28-2007, 10:58 AM

14,520 posts, read 8,768,824 times
Post * Goes and lights a candle for Aiangel....*

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiangel_writer View Post
check in time:..

I have only had 3 cigarettes today! Whippie, yippie, oh my..I feel good...

Am on track today to have a great day again. I might be a bit ahead of my goals which is just a wonderful feeling. This afternoon I have to attend a meeting which from all accounts will last quite a while considering how many people are involved, at least four major towns and several water districts, so attorneys for all these tend to lead me to believe there will be a whole lotta wind er words being spoken drawing this meeting out for a while.

Good news? it means no smoking time which means I will again cut my consumption down today. HOw bout that for a great outlook today. Yet, they might drive me to smoke! so I ask for many prayers today for a level headed meeting of the minds.

blesssings aiangel
Many prayers for you, my friend.

Old 11-30-2007, 04:25 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,512,386 times
I wanted to give a whistle to all the quitters and let uou all know that we supporters are still here..Come on out and talk to us
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality