Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2007, 03:45 PM

3,434 posts, read 9,742,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheguevara View Post
I think Mrs Noah would have a few problems with the breakfasts if a couple of million people had decided they wanted to be saved!
if Jesus can multiply fishes and loaves and feed the multitudes..i doubt that would have been a problem
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2007, 03:45 PM

3,086 posts, read 6,270,339 times
Quote:
What!! In addition to every creature on the planet, Noah also had room for anyone who wanted to go with him!! Some canoe that!
Well, Noah definitely would have had room for more than just the eight people that went on board...

Think of it as when someone has a wedding and sends out many invitations... the people who didn't go on the ark IMO had actually already given their "RSVP" before this time, indicating that they were not interested....probably even before the ark was built (what I mean is they had rejected God). But they were still invited.

Old 11-12-2007, 03:49 PM

7,995 posts, read 12,269,337 times
Default Last call for Noah's Ark!

Moderator cut: This thread has continued to veer back and forth off topic. Unless people are prepared to respectfully debate the subject, the thread will be closed...Thanks, June

Old 11-12-2007, 03:55 PM

116 posts, read 282,680 times
.......and the topic is:

How did this Noah manage to collect two of each species of insect from all parts of the globe (without transportation), put them aboard the ark, meet their habitat and food requirements, then return them to their proper habitats after a year.

Many of these insects are microscopic. How did people with no knowledge of microscopes or microscopic organisms manage to collect, load, feed and care for the millions of species of these insects?

How did they distinguish between males and females of animals too small to be seen without a microscope?

It still hasn't been addressed other than "god did it".

Old 11-12-2007, 03:58 PM

3,086 posts, read 6,270,339 times
Quote:
It still hasn't been addressed other than "god did it".
Then I guess there isn't any other answer!

Old 11-12-2007, 03:59 PM

79 posts, read 195,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cg81 View Post
True... He wouldn't have had to create a flood.. it could have been a fire, earthquake, or they could have just disappeared. But you did bring up a good point about free will.. People were given a choice whether to go on the ark and be saved, or not. Unfortunately they did not believe.. and many still do not believe! At least we still have time today.
Yes, we still have time. The sun won't go nova for several billion years

Maybe someone (whatever is inhabiting the earth at that time) will build an ark then.

Old 11-12-2007, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arguy1973 View Post
if Jesus can multiply fishes and loaves and feed the multitudes..i doubt that would have been a problem
It sure takes alot of "IFs" to make your stories possible

Old 11-12-2007, 04:13 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,618,410 times
I don't believe America's largest aircraft carrier would be capable of holding the cargo that we're really talking about here let alone a wooden ship built by a man over 600 years old. Also, there are physical limitations to the size that a wooden ship can be built due to the stresses involved with a larger craft. Not only would it be incapable of holding the cargo, it would simply collapse because wood doesn't have the strength for a project of this magnitude.

Old 11-12-2007, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cg81 View Post
Well, Noah definitely would have had room for more than just the eight people that went on board...
I don't see how, what with several million species of animals onboard.

Quote:
Think of it as when someone has a wedding and sends out many invitations... the people who didn't go on the ark IMO had actually already given their "RSVP" before this time, indicating that they were not interested....probably even before the ark was built (what I mean is they had rejected God). But they were still invited.
Hmm I thought the myth was that Noah and his family were the only ones worthy to be saved from the flood. All the rest of humanity were wicked. I'm pretty sure that's what I learned in brainwash.. I mean Sunday school

Old 11-12-2007, 04:58 PM

3,434 posts, read 9,742,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inigo_Montoya View Post
It sure takes alot of "IFs" to make your stories possible
first, their not MY stories, the story of Noah and others are from God, refute them all you like, believe what you want, as for me..I choose to believe Gods word and if it says there was a flood..then there was a flood.....I am now "shaking the dust off my feet" of this thread..(matthew 10:11-14)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality