Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2014, 08:08 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,071,729 times

Advertisements

Well that's odd, that the bigger group of Muslim leaders would adopt the Jewish view that God created evil. You say that creating evil is not an evil act, so then creating good is not a good act. But if creating good and evil is not either good nor evil, then God was neither good nor evil before he created them. Which did God create first? It had to create both of them at the same time, perhaps. Still, if creating evil is not evil, why is allowing evil, evil? God allows evil, that is clear. So then if God allows evil, does a person who commits evil not simply allow evil from themselves?

It seems the concept of evil is very hard even for the theologians who pretend define things they also define as indefinable.

Old 01-25-2014, 09:02 AM

75 posts, read 63,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guen View Post

In islam faith, we believe that prophests are sinless. Every possible sins of them are forgiven by Allah. They are special people that educated by Allah with special ways. Prophets can do something wrong but even thier doing something wrong leads to some occasions that teaches us something and educate us. In quran Allah says that he is ''Rabb ul Alemin'' Rabb means meanings like: the owner, the educater, the master...Alemin is the plural of Alem,Alem have meanings like: world, dimension etc... So Allah makes prophets good examples to us. By obeying them, we would be obeying to god. because they carry God's message to us. and themselves become the embodiment of these messages.
A more accurate word instead of ''wrong'', would be ''Zelle''. Prophets may do zelle. Zelle can be translated as ''choosing between two things the less good one''. Prophets have the property called ''Ismet''. That means they are sinless. They do not commit sin. Even when they do a zelle, that happens with the will of Allah, to teach people something. When they are informed that they done a zelle, they immediately ask forgiveness and repentence from Allah. So people are made aware of that situation and learn something.

Old 01-28-2014, 06:34 AM

Earllier i said that humans and other things carry the extensions of names of Allah. İ want to open up this a little. A human can carry the extension of a name(title) of Allah by:
1- contrast: for example humans have various and endless neeeds. So they carry the extension of Allah's names of Kadir(The Able, the Capable, the Omnipotent.) or Ghanee(The rich, the all sufficing, Self-Sufficient)
2-sense of ''self'': for example a doctor who heals people carry the extension and manifestation of Shafii(the one who gives cure)
3- with the properties came to us: for example when we are given food we carry the extension of name Al-Mughnee(The One who satisfies the necessities of the creatures.) or when we die we carry the extension of name Al-Mumeet(The One who renders the living dead.)

Old 01-28-2014, 01:31 PM

Moderator cut: deleted
what i meant on that post, is that we are living in the age of information today. We have internet and have access to every kind of information. So a person can read Quran, bible, torah and another religious texts. That means a great percentage of person have access to information and knowledge about Islam. So, i don't think that ''not being warned'' or ''not having the correct information'' will be an excuse anymore for not being a muslim, in the age that we are living...

Last edited by june 7th; 03-08-2014 at 04:30 AM.. Reason: References to mod actions are in violation of the TOS.

Old 01-28-2014, 01:47 PM

1,682 posts, read 3,450,165 times
The Christians say the same thing about Christianity. If they're right, you're in a heap o' trouble.

Old 02-07-2014, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscomac View Post
The Christians say the same thing about Christianity. If they're right, you're in a heap o' trouble.
Muslims believe in jesus and that he was not a liar. muslims just say that he was not god or son of god. Jesus's(pbuh) himself never said that he is god. there is a thread started by me about this matter. Trinity was founded by saint paul. İ know that Paul is a saint for christians but he is not a messenger of god and we dont have to believe him. Actually he was a roman citizen and he mixed elements of roman paganism into teachings of Jesus(pbuh). Contrary to the fact that muslims believe in jesus, christians do not believe in the prophethood of Muhammad(pbuh). So if there is a group of non-believers, it is not muslims. İ have to repeat that according to islam faith, one can not find salvation without accepting Muhammad(pbuh)' prophethood.

Also i want to define shortly what shirk is. Shirk is not accepting that Allah is one and only one worthy of worship. Allah says in Quran, that he will not forgive shirk. For example, claiming that Jesus is god or son of god, is shirk...

Old 02-07-2014, 12:00 PM

20,024 posts, read 13,501,689 times
Quote:
Muslims believe in jesus and that he was not a liar. muslims just say that he was not god or son of god. Jesus's(pbuh) himself never said that he is god. there is a thread started by me about this matter. Trinity was founded by saint paul. İ know that Paul is a saint for christians but he is not a messenger of god and we dont have to believe him. Actually he was a roman citizen and he mixed elements of roman paganism into teachings of Jesus(pbuh). Contrary to the fact that muslims believe in jesus, christians do not believe in the prophethood of Muhammad(pbuh). So if there is a group of non-believers, it is not muslims. İ have to repeat that according to islam faith, one can not find salvation without accepting Muhammad(pbuh)' prophethood.

Also i want to define shortly what shirk is. Shirk is not accepting that Allah is one and only one worthy of worship. Allah says in Quran, that he will not forgive shirk. For example, claiming that Jesus is god or son of god, is shirk...
Yes, this is the problem with all the monotheistic religions, they are inherently exclusionary. Judaism / Christianity and Islam cannot both be "right" and cannot both worship the "one true" god. This is why they are inherently at enmity with one another. Just as Muslims regard Christians as infidels, Christians regard Muslims.

Polytheistic and (especially) animistic belief-systems have no inherent need to prove themselves right and competing or different flavors of belief wrong, because they are not defining an omni-whatever Being who is supreme. They are just defining regional gods or gods associated with certain objects or phenomena. Thus, in a sense, these "primitive" or "proto" religions actually lack a problematic property of the presumably more "evolved" monotheistic systems, in that they aren't obliged to adopt a scorched-earth policy to all outsiders.

Old 02-08-2014, 03:06 PM

Quote:

Allah created a core before he created universe. That core is said to be the ''truth of muhammad''. That core had the names of Allah's extensions in Kemal level(İ cant translate kemal very well but it has a meaning near to ''the highest possible'' or ''fixed on an perfectly accurate level'')After he created this core, he created other things using this core. So Muhammad (pbuh) was the first created and sent last as a prophet. Adam was the first human Allah has created with a body and everything etc...

I want to make a correction again.I used a statement that i dont know for sure. I said Hakikat-ı Muhammediyye(i translated it as truth of muhammad) carry the extensions(manifestations) of names of Allah on kemal level. I do not know that for sure. I used this statement in the heat of argument. İ already posted a message about how a person can carry the extensions of Allah's names.

Old 03-07-2014, 12:58 PM

Earlier on this forum i said that if a person is warned, he should become a muslim. İ want to open this up.
A person should accept Muhammad(pbuh)'s prophethood and be a muslim to be accepted into heaven. Imam ı Gazali( a famous and acknowledged muslim scholar) said that, people who never heard of Prophet Muhammad's name can be accepted into heaven. He also said that people who heard only lies about Muhammad(pbuh) can also be hoped to be accepted into heaven( but he did not gave a definite statement about this second group of people who heard only lies, he said ''it can be hoped'', not will be accepted)

That is why i said that ''if a person is warned''. İ already said that the age we are living is age of information and everyone has access to knowledge about islam, so i dont think that not having knowledge is an excuse.

Last edited by guen; 03-07-2014 at 01:17 PM..

Old 03-07-2014, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Earlier on this forum i said that if a person is warned, he should become a muslim. İ want to open this up.
A person should accept Muhammad(pbuh)'s prophethood and be a muslim to be accepted into heaven. Imam ı Gazali( a famous and acknowledged muslim scholar) said that, people who never heard of Prophet Muhammad's name can be accepted into heaven. He also said that people who heard only lies about Muhammad(pbuh) can also be hoped to be accepted into heaven( but he did not gave a definite statement about this second group of people who heard only lies, he said ''it can be hoped'', not will be accepted)

That is why i said that ''if a person is warned''. İ already said that the age we are living is age of information and everyone has access to knowledge about islam, so i dont think that not having knowledge is an excuse.
A correction: i translated ''ehl i necat'' as being accepted to heaven. This can be a mistaken translation. Ehl i necat means people who are free of punishment in hell
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality