Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 09:07 AM

6,324 posts, read 4,324,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
Irresponsible, careless, temper tantrumming Deities who make huge mistakes like that shouldn't be given their magic index finger and be allowed to create anything. They need to try something small first -like a Leggo village. Then work their way up until they are sure they are going to get it right and can manage their emotions at least as well as a well parented 6 year old human child.
God could also benefit from playing a game like Sim City for awhile. If he can actually grow an entire city without clicking on the "Cause Disaster" button, he can graduate to bigger games like Civilization V that lets you control an entire civilization - and eventually up to games like Star Ruler or Distant Worlds that lets you rule an entire star empire. We'll see though.

Old 03-18-2014, 09:08 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,972,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
And you believe it ... that every last person except Noah and his family were evil. Uh huh. And I have some marvelous beachfront property in Kansas I'd like to sell you. Just sign on the dotted line.

Besides, if Man was wicked, why was he sorry he made all of the animals?? That deoesn't make any sense whoatsoever.

"Those no good, lying, cheatin' humans having too much sex, I'll show them by killing that spider! And that fox! And that owl over there. Die! And that litter of kittens. Muahaha, die, vermin! And I'll zap the bees and murder the buffalo and slaughter the platypuses and decimate the hippos. Muahaha! That'll teach those evil humans having too much sex. Die, vulture! Die, puppies! Die, gazelle! Die, dung beetle. Die, die, DIE!"

LOL! And you wonder why I can't abide by the Christian God.
God had Noah plead with the humans 120 years. What more do you want? I think He pretty well proved none of them were willing to go in the ark except Noah and family. He gave them a way out. They refused.

Who said it was just about sex.

The animals may have become diseased due to what humanity was doing. Who knows? They were casualities of the flood to wipe out humanity.

But again, yes, *sigh* once again, you are looking at the situation with a microscope . . . tunnel vision if you will. You seem intent in living in that kind of constricted view of things in order to justify your misplaced concepts. If you would step back and see the whole view, the end God is taking this all to, you would see a glorious end for all those humans and animals which perished in the flood. God is going to resurrect all of them and give them wonderful life.
You just can't please some people!

Old 03-18-2014, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
God could also benefit from playing a game like Sim City for awhile. If he can actually grow an entire city without clicking on the "Cause Disaster" button, he can graduate to bigger games like Civilization V that lets you control an entire civilization - and eventually up to games like Star Ruler or Distant Worlds that lets you rule an entire star empire. We'll see though.
God is going to save all mankind (1 Tim.2:4-6) because Christ ransomed all.

God is going to reconcile all at enmity to Him (Col.1:20).

God is going to make all mankind righteous and justify their lives (Romans 5:18,19).

God is going to give all mankind immortality and incorruption and be All in all (1 Cor.15:28).

So it is much greater than your make-believe games.

Old 03-18-2014, 09:13 AM

Quote:
I didn't need to quote the previous verses. The relevant phrase was "regretted what he had made"

Why did Yahweh 'regret' what he had made if he was omniscient and knew what was going to happen even before he made humans?

And why kill all those sweet little innocent puppies? What did they do? Pee on his celestial carpet?
Ever hear of anthropomorphism?

Old 03-18-2014, 09:24 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
The problem with many people on these boards, especially the God blasphemers is that they have tunnel
vision when it comes to the problems people face. They look at evil with a microscope rather than taking a
step back to see the whole panorama. They don't focus on the glorious goal God has for all mankind. They
don't want to. They want to continue in their delusional dysfunctional ideology. They are mad at God for
whatever reason. Many have been lied to about God from the pulpits. If they saw God saving all mankind,
God giving all mankind immortality and incorruption and salvation from sin and death, if they saw the vast
love with which He loves us, they would drop their animosity toward God. But they don't want to because
they seem addicted to their pathetic immature misunderstandings.
So you know..... everything. How FABULOUS for you.

I'll put you on the list. If God starts wondering about something in particular, or if he needs to know what any given poster is thinking, or believes, I can hand it to him and say, "Here you go God, Here's the list of the posters who know it all. They'd probably like to help you judge souls as well."

Last edited by DewDropInn; 03-18-2014 at 09:43 AM..

Old 03-18-2014, 09:26 AM

5,536 posts, read 7,112,381 times
Quote:

But as I said, no good reason for a supposed omnipotent omniscient deity to drown all those innocent little puppies in a global flood.

Genesis 6: And the Lord regretted that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him to his heart. So the Lord said, “I will blot out man whom I have created from the face of the land, man and animals and creeping things and birds of the heavens, for I am sorry that I have made them.”

What sort of a sick psychopathic deity is that?
The sort whose lap on which Eusie dreams of someday curling up and warming himself.

Last edited by Tantalust; 03-18-2014 at 09:34 AM..

Old 03-18-2014, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
So you know..... everything.

I'll put you on the list. If God starts wondering about something in particular I can hand it to him and say, "Here you go. These people know it all."
I've already stated before that I don't know everything. So why do you suggest I do?

Why don't you face the issue of tunnel vision I proposed rather than taking pot shots like a drive-by shooter?

Old 03-18-2014, 09:48 AM

6,324 posts, read 4,324,939 times
Quote:
God had Noah plead with the humans 120 years. What more do you want? I think He pretty well proved none of them were willing to go in the ark except Noah and family. He gave them a way out. They refused.
And Noah, I'm sure, went on national broadcast television, sent by satellite to every part of the world, and pleaded with everyone to climb aboard the ark, right? Or did Noah only talk to his local neighborhood, and based on that, assumed everyone should die. And what if everyone DID want to get on the ark. What then? Would Noah have to start chucking animals over the side to make room for more people? Because he couldn't have fit all of the animals in there much less a lot of people. No ... the size of the ark shows pretty clearly there was NEVER any intention of humanity ever sailing away with Noah. (Psst! That's how you can tell it's a story - the hyperbole that everyone was evil and no one wanted to be on the ark!)

Quote:
Who said it was just about sex.
Because that's what Christianity always concerns itself with. Look what happened to Sodom and Gomorrah, right? Guys wanted to have inappropriate sex with some angels so bye-bye city!

By the way, have you ever noticed how misogynistic that story is? I mean, never mind how Lot offered to toss his virgin daughters to the crowd and no one protested (even the angels sat there with their thumbs up their butts instead of counseling Lot not to do that to his daughters). Never mind that. Instead, realize that the Bible says that only MEN went to Lot's house to have sex with those angels. Yeah, that's right! It didn't matter a whit how many good women were in those cities. Only the men counted, and since they were apparently all bad (because entire cities frequently storm one person's house to have sex with strangers - happens all the time), everyone had to die, once again, animals included.

Quote:
The animals may have become diseased due to what humanity was doing. Who knows? They were casualities of the flood to wipe out humanity.
Yeah, and who cares, right? They're only animals.

Quote:
But again, yes, *sigh* once again, you are looking at the situation with a microscope . . . tunnel vision if you will. You seem intent in living in that kind of constricted view of things in order to justify your misplaced concepts.
Eusebius, you are literally making stuff up in order to justify your position. The animals might have been diseased? It's not my tunnel vision that is the issue here but your inability to see all of the horrific inconsistencies in the story and acknowledge the abject wickedness displayed by your beloved deity. I know it's a bitter pill to swallow, but seriously, you KNOW what God did was wrong - which is why you feel compelled to invent things like animals maybe having diseases in order to make it perhaps a little less wrong.

Quote:
If you would step back and see the whole view, the end God is taking this all to, you would see a glorious end for all those humans and animals which perished in the flood. God is going to resurrect all of them and give them wonderful life.
And how do you know this, Eusebius? How can you trust a God that is unhindered by our concept of morality? How can you trust a God that can "do what he wants because he's God"? How can you believe anything that was written, any promises made, any guarantees given when God, who has no qualms about murdering indiscriminately and causing genocides, doesn't have to play by any rules?

As I said before, if God wants to toss your backside into the Lake of Fire just for the fun of it, he will, and no morality - including honoring his promises or judging you fairly or resurrecting you for a glorious life - can or will stop him from doing whatever capricious thing he wants to do. For all we know, there is no heaven and he just tosses everyone into hell. Right? That's what happens when you worship a "might makes right" God.

Quote:
You just can't please some people!
I can be pleased, but I need more than a life of pain and suffering to convince me there is ANYthing on the otherside of this mortal existence.

Old 03-18-2014, 09:58 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:

Why don't you face the issue of tunnel vision I proposed .......
Why don't you refrain from making decisions about what people believe, commenting on those decisions, telling people what they should do for Spiritual Growth The Eusebius Way and passing judgement on people?

Old 03-18-2014, 10:12 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:
...snip...
they seem addicted to their pathetic immature misunderstandings.
Only you, Eusie, are addicted to your pathetic, immature misunderstandings.

The rest of us cope with reality quite nicely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality