Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2015, 12:01 AM

241 posts, read 223,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
What have I said that you think is a message in my last 2 posts? Nothing has been directed at you in any post. I thought I was just participating in a discussion. I didn't think you were referring to me and at no time have I referred to you. If I direct something to you I'll call your name and you'll know it. I haven't made any veiled comments and am clueless as to what you're seeing. This is getting too complicated for me so I'll just mosey on down the road.
Oh, I just read a lot of the posts on here, and I've concluded that you were likely talking about this: "Well, for one thing, their religions usually foster hatred of others in their basic tenets."-Stan4
My mistake
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2015, 06:14 AM

7,776 posts, read 12,443,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timemachineman View Post

You quoted me in 2 posts, and made comments in those posts. I thought you were making statements directed at me because of the fact that you quoted me. In City Data Forums (unless I'm mistaken) quoting somebody is typically equivalent to calling their name to get their attention. If I had to take a guess as to your objective, I'd really say you were trying to get me off topic, and/or trolling. Although, I still don't understand why you have any hostility towards me...............I'm just going to make a conclusion about your objective......... good job trolling me! I haven't goofed up that badly in a long time.
After reading the direct message you sent I've returned to read the rest of the messages in this thread and just now started at the beginning to find the 2 posts where you say I've made statements about you where I quoted you. I guess I overlooked those posts because I didn't see them. I am clueless about what you're talking about. This is one of the oddest discussions I've ever been a part of, exemplified by your statement that you think I'm trying to get you off topic and/or trolling. I'm at a loss why you think I have hostility toward you. It's as if I fell into Alice in Wonderland's rabbit hole.

My perception of reality is apparently vastly different from your perception which means this discussion is pointless. I don't know what you're talking about and you don't know what I'm talking about. Any more talk isn't going to change anything, I don't think. I'm not averse to sarcasm, but I've not used any in this thread. As far as I know, I'm able to communicate with all ages, but I realize there are exceptions and perhaps that's what has happened here. For you to think I've trolled you is so ridiculous all I can do is continue to be astonished by the differences in perception.

Old 03-19-2015, 06:18 AM

Quote:
"There's also those who don't say what they themselves think, but are quick to say what others think, since they can read minds.... not! I'm not sure why they do this since the people whose minds they can read do not agree with them."-Rubi3

Who were you referring to with this statement? This was what I was mostly concerned about.
I know someone who does this and it isn't you.

Old 03-19-2015, 11:38 AM

Quote:
I know someone who does this and it isn't you.
That's what I was saying though, is that I went back and read a bunch of posts, and realized that you weren't referring to me. So, I made a foolish mistake. In an indirect response to the discussion with Stan4, you also quoted me. After I read those posts, I came to believe that you were likely talking about him/her, but you didn't agree with my idea, and you provided an example to show why (the discussion with Stan4). Or you were just referring to somebody else entirely who didn't seem to be the most enlightened person. It certainly would make a lot more sense than what I previously thought. When you quoted me the first time, I thought you were angry about me not revealing my religious orientation, yet judging others, who had. So it was just a dumb misunderstanding of mine.

Last edited by Timemachineman; 03-19-2015 at 11:56 AM..

Old 03-19-2015, 12:15 PM

Quote:
That's what I was saying though, is that I went back and read a bunch of posts, and realized that you weren't referring to me. So, I made a foolish mistake. In an indirect response to the discussion with Stan4, you also quoted me. After I read those posts, I came to believe that you were likely talking about him/her, but you didn't agree with my idea, and you provided an example to show why (the discussion with Stan4). Or you were just referring to somebody else entirely who didn't seem to be the most enlightened person. It certainly would make a lot more sense than what I previously thought. When you quoted me the first time, I thought you were angry about me not revealing my religious orientation, yet judging others, who had. So it was just a dumb misunderstanding of mine.
Your input (Rubi3) was also quite helpful in getting other people to get along, or at least sort of acting as a catalyst for the desired reaction, since you were one of the most frequent posters, and you were actually discussing religious philosophy. Your statements gave me some valuable insight as well.

Old 03-19-2015, 02:47 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,259,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
No it's not the missing Link hasn't been found between Chimps and Humans a missing link would be
more than a 96% match.
Your talking the survival of fragile bones over thousands of years. Anthropological finds are rare and cherished. And chimps are the closest living species. Somewhere between the time that a species began to alter along two lines and now chimps and humans diverged.

We'll likely never find 'a' missing link but many who through a process of adaption to changing circumstmces lived to pass on their genes to the next generation. Its not a simple line of succession.

That we have Neanderthal genes in our modern gene mix does not mean that they are a missing link either, but that we and they were close enough genetically to interbreed successfully, and lived in the same areas long enough to share genes. Interestingly enough, some of the genes which came from the neanderthal likely helped human survival which means while we were 'human' then we were not the same as the human who lives today.

Old 03-19-2015, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Your input (Rubi3) was also quite helpful in getting other people to get along, or at least sort of acting as a catalyst for the desired reaction, since you were one of the most frequent posters, and you were actually discussing religious philosophy. Your statements gave me some valuable insight as well.
I've appreciated the discussion we've had in direct messages and the understanding on both sides. Thanks.

Old 03-19-2015, 08:45 PM

Quote:
I've appreciated the discussion we've had in direct messages and the understanding on both sides. Thanks.
Do you know much about Judaism?

Old 03-19-2015, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swake View Post
Evolution has nothing to do with religion. It's science, completely different discipline.
But couldn't the two technically be intertwined, based on various interpretations of religious doctrine (not anything in particular, such as Christianity or Islam)?

Old 03-20-2015, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Do you know much about Judaism?
I've read quite a bit about it and my brother is a Jew. I think it's an interesting subject and I was so glad Netanyahu won the election.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
View detailed profiles of: